++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-16-2004, 02:06 PM   #16
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I have to agree with Jooji.... I was quite shocked (in a positive way) how much it sounds like CREED! In the first part I even could imagine Scott singing those lyrics... until it reached the higher parts! It confused me a little... but then it's just amazing!!!

I love Alter Bridge... can't wait to hear more!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 06-16-2004, 02:44 PM   #17
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Well, I listened to the song earlier and I have to say it was a good song BUT......

seriously if I wanted to listen to Creed I would have just but in one of their cds. It doesn't sound any different to me except for the singer and if you listen really closely, I hear alot of ~My Scarifice~ and other similar guitar riffs I've heard before. I also made a funny that made my hubby laugh his ass off:
Lyrics:

"Open up their eyes and realize we're one;
One oh one the only ways is one"

Sorry if I offended anybody. It was a good song but felt it was still Creed minus Scott Stapp.

Thought it was supposed to be soo different!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "

Last edited by SCOTTSMYMAN : 06-16-2004 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:16 PM   #18
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) I have to agree with Jooji...

I wasn't shocked at all.....it was what I was expecting....

From the people who said.....we aren't just Creed with a different singer.....sorry, but from what I hear, dudes, that IS what you are.

If I want to hear Creed.....I have three CDs I can listen to.

And yeah....there is something in the music that I thought was familiar to me, though I can't actually say what it is.

Its not necessarily bad, it just didn't do that much for me.....but after hearing fans whine about how the others in the band were held back and not allowed to reach their "full" potential...I was certainly expecting something different.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:20 PM   #19
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Its not necessarily bad, it just didn't do that much for me.....but after hearing fans whine about how the others in the band were held back and not allowed to reach their "full" potential...I was certainly expecting something different.

So, was I! Doesn't seem like they were being held back too much!!

Kiss away night
Old 06-16-2004, 03:28 PM   #20
ggp2004
USER INFO »
It seems a lot of us think it was Creed minus Scott Stapp. It sounded like Creed to me but with a singer I didn't like as much. Don't get me wrong, I liked it but I wasn't blown away or anything.

Last edited by ggp2004 : 06-16-2004 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:01 PM   #21
ctfan
USER INFO »
Well, after all the hype....it's just simply Creed with a different lead singer. Where people got the idea that Mark wasn't allowed to reach his full potential with Creed , I haven't a clue, but man....everything sounds much the same.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:56 PM   #22
musiclover291
USER INFO »
I agree with alot of you it was Creed minus Stapp. I am not trying to upset anyone, but Michael did all this hype about the song stating how everyone was behind Alter Bridge everyone who worked with Creed are working with Alter Bridge. It's the same sound but different lead singer.

Sorry Michael I will just buy Creed's Greatest Hits
Old 06-16-2004, 06:36 PM   #23
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Guess you'll be missing out on a good record then. Just because one song sounds similar to Creed's sound doesn't mean the rest will. And if the whole thing does sound like Creed, so what? You're a Creed fan right? Or is it all of a sudden because Stapp isn't in the band you won't support them?

If Stapp's solo album sounds like Creed minus Tremonti and Phillips will you not buy that one either?

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 06-16-2004, 06:53 PM   #24
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'll have to wait til tomorrow for the radio stations to play it. Damn dial up.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-16-2004, 06:55 PM   #25
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
We are all just stating our opinion. I was expecting something totally different. That's all I've ever heard how much different they were suppose to be. That it was going to be a much heavier sound but this particular song just wasn't!! it sounded like Creed. I thought Mark was after a different sound!!?? Maybe some of the other songs will be heavier and I hope so and if that's the case maybe they should have put out a single that didn't sound so much like Creed. I didn't say I wasn't going to buy the album , I was just stating my opinion of what I thought about the song.

The similarties (sp?) between this song and the music of ~My Sacrifice~ were just way too weird. Not too mention lyrically , it sound just like a Creed song!!!

Don't get so defensive!!

Kiss away night
Old 06-16-2004, 07:27 PM   #26
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
so now I'm home and all the excitement of just hearing it is gone... I'll make a better review in my opinion...

First thing that's changed: It begins with Flip hitting the drums!!! Most of Creed songs begin with Mark's guitar and then Flip starts his job. Very nice!

The sound: I was expecting something totally different, harder... turns out it's so melodic, creedish. And that's what I loved about it!!! It has Mark's signature, which means it's amazing! I loved the melody.

Honestly, I didn't get chills down the spin like when I heard My Sacrifice for the first time. But I've never been so anxious for a song before and after I heard it... I was literally with my arms shacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I think it's up the chills in emotions scale! lol! ) The solo... Mark shows how to shred it up!!! It's beautiful, the guitar is singing along! And finally he decided to show his voice. I always liked the songs he sings.

Flip: he's always improving. I don't know much about drums, but it fits so well to the song: not hidden, not over heard, it's perfect the way it is.

Brian: as I said, my speakers didn't allow me to hear the bass parts. When I fix it, I'll have a better notion, but from what I heard it...I was glad he's back. He's unique, he manages to create sub-melodies like in Say I and Pity for a Dime! Well done!

And last , but not the least:

Myles: what a range, so much control!!! I knew he was good, I dig M4's stuff after we knew he was the one, but on this song... he's indeed the best voice of rock I know. I love Stapp's voice and his way of singing, but Myles is better trained. He sounded completely different from the M4 mp3 I got (just 3: Eden, Flatley's Crutch and another one I forgot!). He rules!!! I wasn't surprised because I knew where he was coming from... but all the time I hear it, I keep thinking how awesome he is. I can't dare trying to sing AB's songs because I'd ruin it. And I love when he goes "uuuuhhhhhh"-ing.

The Lyrics: awesome!!! Indeed I was blown away, as Denise forecasted. Really beautiful! I don't know if it's only Mark's work or if this is one of the songs Myles collaborated, but I congrat him/them! They were really inspired and I wonder by what!

Although many comparissons are being made to Creed, I don't think it's a bad (comparisson). There's nothing wrong. I'm sure that when we hear the next songs, the band will grow apart. Indeed it was an excellent choice for a debut song and to get known.

Cheers, Alter Bridge!!! You guys have no idea how I missed your work!!! That's what motivate us to keep going!

But the bestest thing is that they know I exist now, since DJ Buckethead mentioned my name to them! LOL!

:: Marcos ::
Old 06-16-2004, 07:36 PM   #27
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
ok, Jooji has her 3 cds to listen to. Perhaps the others have the 3 cds and a new "unreleased" song.

Anyway, it's natural... It's Mark's signature in it, he has the same equipment, which means the tone is alike. But it's different: You have Myles there, harmonizing, doing "uuuuuuhhh"s and it has a different vibe. This is Alter Bridge. They are blasting the radios now and it's a song that will make them known! I can't wait to hear what's next! Denise said it's harder, but I already love the way it is!

Let's see what Stapp comes up with too! I can't wait!
Old 06-16-2004, 07:50 PM   #28
stargirl
USER INFO »
I didnt like the song, ive only heard it once im guessing the song could grow on me it seems catchy. Ill wait till i will hear the rest of the Cd, if i wanted to buy it! I hope your music is more heavier, thats what im getting into at the moment.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #29
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Just heard it. I can definitely see the similarities between this and My Sacrifice, but Mark seems to be more free with the guitar. I like it, it is catchy. The lyrics aren't moving me yet, but it's still early. Bass is good, drums kick butt as usual and I really like Mark's playing. It's Creed-like, yet not. Considering Creed is so fresh in our minds, and that this is the first non-Creed song we've heard from the Stappless ex-Creeders, we're bound to hear similarities. I don't know that I'm in love with it, but it's good. What's with the 'woooooo ooooooh' stuff?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-16-2004, 08:48 PM   #30
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
First thing that popped up in my mind when hearing Open Your Eyes was: ...before they even called Myles the first time, Mark already finished half of the songs... so I thought that obviously those "first-half-songs" were probably written to end up on the fourth CREED-album... so it's not too farfetched that some of those actually-for-CREED-songs would show up on "One Day Remains"...

That's what I thought when I heard the strong CREED similarities.

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God