++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #46
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Scott Stapp - Behind the Douchebag

Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) It's really sad that Stapp is representing Christianity to the masses
Now THAT made me laugh!! When did he proclaim to do that?? He's a rockstar for God's sake ... not the Pope!
Old 03-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #47
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Have you listened to his lyrrics?

I found the clip fun... But also realy sad since it's a true pice... As for judging him, I don't.

But if you are allowed to make fun of like say stupid people (who doesn't love to see stupid poeple make a fool of them slefs?), then why not drunk people... If we should make one expetion then we must make an exeption of everything... So why not make fun of Stapp?

I don't agree with DD who says that alcoholism isn't a dieseas... It is! Shure, it's a dieseas coused by yourself but none the less a dieseas...
Old 03-08-2006, 11:01 AM   #48
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Wow! For someone who clearly hates Stapp, it's pretty interesting that this would be the first practice "project" that came to mind. Way too much energy spent on someone you don't even like, if you ask me. As they say ... There's a fine line between love and hate.

I'm still trying to figure out what part of this video actually made people laugh.
very well said
Old 03-08-2006, 11:20 AM   #49
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

i have,nt saw i may whatch it on a speciale ocassion or something
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 03-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #50
creedlvr
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Have you listened to his lyrrics?
I am more than aware of his lyrics (and I might add ... I LOVE THEM)!

What they tell me is that he is a person who has his Christian upbringing very embedded in his every day thinking (and writing). They tell me that he can't seem to escape what he was taught for so long ... but struggles with it ... and has for a long time. They tell me that he knows what's right and wrong and that he WANTS to do the right thing ... but knows that he hasn't made it there yet. They tell me that he is somewhat lost or torn between his beliefs and his temptations and the pressure of being who he is. They tell me that down deep he is a good person with good intentions but has lost his way and is fighting to find his way back.

He has made it painfully clear over the years that he is NOT preaching to anyone or trying to get people to believe what he believes. His lyrics are a reflection of his deciphering his through his own thoughts. He writes what he thinks about ... that all. If he's preaching to anyone ... it's himself.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #51
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »

I have a right to dislike Scott Stapp, no matter what any of you say. I took shit for years for being a Creed fan, and I always defended him and them as a band. His actions have revealed that I was a fool in defending him. He is not who he presented himself as through his music. I happen to think he is a total fake, and in editing together this video I wanted to emphasize that this is the same guy being interviewed in Christian magazines and appearing on the Passion of the Christ soundtrack. Sure, I'm not perfect, and I screw up, but I don't portray myself as a Christian in the media and then show up totally intoxicated on a television show, making a mockery of myself and my faith. As a figure in the media and a "Christian", Scott Stapp has a responsibility, and he has failed miserably. I have no idea what his "relationship with God" is like, but he continues to make an ass out of himself.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:27 PM   #52
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Here's the formal definition of disease:

Here's another one of the definitions of disease:

So yeah it's a tendency to constantly get drunk and out of control, which is abnormal and harmful. Clearly, it is NOT a disease in the formal sense. It is something that is within a person's control. I do not feel one bit of sympathy for alcoholic assholes like Scott Stapp.

Wow... so you would rather listen to the old Webster's dictionary as opposed to some of America's leading pysicians. There's more than just drinking at getting drunk... there's a whole biological aspect to it.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #53
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) I have a right to dislike Scott Stapp, no matter what any of you say. I took shit for years for being a Creed fan, and I always defended him and them as a band. His actions have revealed that I was a fool in defending him. He is not who he presented himself as through his music. I happen to think he is a total fake, and in editing together this video I wanted to emphasize that this is the same guy being interviewed in Christian magazines and appearing on the Passion of the Christ soundtrack. Sure, I'm not perfect, and I screw up, but I don't portray myself as a Christian in the media and then show up totally intoxicated on a television show, making a mockery of myself and my faith. As a figure in the media and a "Christian", Scott Stapp has a responsibility, and he has failed miserably. I have no idea what his "relationship with God" is like, but he continues to make an ass out of himself.

You're making it sound all he wrote were Christian worship songs... the majority of his songs had to do with struggle and trying to come to terms with God. I don't even remember him actually saying "Jesus" in any of his songs. One can still be a Christian and mess up big time. I mean... if a parent smokes pot... does that make him exempt from telling his kid not to do it? Scott clearly doesn't want people to have to go through the crap that he's had to go through... and then handle it in the way that he did. I mean... I really don't see how having a new wife and a sobriety coach is "making an ass out of himself."
Old 03-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #54
ABYanks
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Here's the formal definition of disease:

So yeah it's a tendency to constantly get drunk and out of control, which is abnormal and harmful. Clearly, it is NOT a disease in the formal sense. It is something that is within a person's control. I do not feel one bit of sympathy for alcoholic assholes like Scott Stapp.

Hes dealing with a problem dude, how about you tell us things you do wrong and we'll rip them up.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #55
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

You are truely clueless.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #56
Creed7352
USER INFO »

i find it funny that you all are arguing over being "Christian" and saying he's wrong for judging stapp etc, if he were a "Christian" he wouldn't do that, yet here you sit judging him...calling him clueless etc..

and if you read the definition, "A condition or tendency, as of society..." it would indicate that there are other factors causing it to be a disease, including biological...but i highly doubt that because one's dad was an alcoholic, or mom, that they would also become one because of biology. they would/could become one because of being a product of their environment, not because of biology.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #57
ABYanks
USER INFO »

were not judging, he is clueless
Old 03-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #58
titan9
USER INFO »

I'm not questioning whether or not Torn is a Christian and I haven't said anything about him being clueless, nor would I(I prefer to disagree in a peaceful, respectful manner). I practice what I preach and, as such, I'm not going to judge his spirituality or yours or anyone else's. What irks me, though, is when people who criticize Stapp say how he's a big fake(when it comes to Scott calling himself a Christian) and that he's not a good representation of Christianity. I don't mind these people questioning his music, actions and behaviors, even his personality.....but when you judge a man's spirituality and whether or not he is a Christian....I just don't believe that is your business, even if he IS a public figure. His Christianity is between him and God, no one else. Saying Stapp is not a Christian because he makes mistakes and sins is hypocritical judgment(forbidden by Christ according to the Bible) because every Christian makes mistakes and sins.

So that is my problem with the Christians here(and at other places) who say that Stapp isn't a Christian because he has made stupid mistakes and done stupid things. We've all done the same things in our past and we will in our future. As Christians, we're no better than Stapp.

That's all I'm saying about this whole thing. I've made my point about this, and I don't wish to turn this into a big religious debate(which really isn't my cup of tea). So that's about it.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #59
creedlvr
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) I have a right to dislike Scott Stapp, no matter what any of you say.
Nobody is saying you have to like him. I, personally, don't care if you despise the man. I'm just saying that I think it's odd to spend so much time working on a "project" revolving around a person you supposedly have no respect or use for. If I were learning to use new software to make movies, I would want it to be about something that I enjoyed ... not a topic that bothers me. You're acting like he betrayed you personally. I just find it ironic that you'd focus so much time and energy on someone you don't like. If I don't like someone, I just wouldn't waste my time. I have better ways to spend my time.

I also don't know why you'd want to visit and post in the Scott Stapp forum. Perhaps this type of thing would be better suited in the Alterbridge forum where more people might appreciate it.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #60
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »

I'm not doubting he's a Christian... I'm pissed that he is one of the few "Christians" portrayed in the media, and he continues to make a fool out of himself, making Christianity look stupid and hypocritical in the process.

And it's not like I spent weeks doing this video. I was bored in my dorm room on Friday night (being that I don't go out and party/drink like everyone else on campus), my friend and I were laughing about videos on YouTube, and I told him I had some great video of Stapp being drunk as hell. He thought it sounded funny and told me to go for it. It wasn't that big of a deal. It only took a few hours, time in which I would have otherwise been watching TV or something.