++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 01-11-2005, 12:05 AM   #16
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Audioslave's next album (talk of it being out in june) will be next better as the band becomes a true group. The first album is good but not good enough for album of the year.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-11-2005, 03:13 AM   #17
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Damn, how could I forget the Mars Volta? D'oh! I can't wait to get Frances the Mute. Said Eyes, have you heard it already? I know some songs were leaked at some point.
Me too. Australia gets it a day before the US, but Japan gets it like 3 weeks earlier! Bastards!
I do have it, albeit a shitty quality rip - but it's enough to convince me to buy it the say it comes out. It sounds more like their live shows, in fact, some of the movements are exactly the same music. We were hearing their new cd and we didn't even know it!
Cedric's lyrics are just awesome again. Omar's guitars have just taken another step towards greatness. You'll really love L'via L'Viaquez, the guitars just blew me away.

Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) I liked Weathered but I don't think its THE best album of that year.
I'd say it's up there. Looking at all my CDs I realised 2001 was pretty threadbare when it came to awesome music. I only own 6 CDs from 2001 to be honest!
Old 01-11-2005, 04:23 AM   #18
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Said Eyes) Me too. Australia gets it a day before the US, but Japan gets it like 3 weeks earlier! Bastards!
I do have it, albeit a shitty quality rip - but it's enough to convince me to buy it the say it comes out. It sounds more like their live shows, in fact, some of the movements are exactly the same music. We were hearing their new cd and we didn't even know it!
Cedric's lyrics are just awesome again. Omar's guitars have just taken another step towards greatness. You'll really love L'via L'Viaquez, the guitars just blew me away.

I'd say it's up there. Looking at all my CDs I realised 2001 was pretty threadbare when it came to awesome music. I only own 6 CDs from 2001 to be honest!

3 weeks earlier? is that a smart idea considering the piracy issue?
about '01 that year was preddy bare and weathered was up there. i'm glad i've discovered second skin because i think thats a better album than weathered even though its basically the same genre.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-12-2005, 01:21 AM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Said Eyes) Me too. Australia gets it a day before the US, but Japan gets it like 3 weeks earlier! Bastards!

Ohhhhh, verrrry cool!!! I saw them live and they blew me away! One of the best shows ever! This is exciting. I can't wait. Thanks for the info!
Old 01-13-2005, 01:55 AM   #20
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) Audioslave's next album (talk of it being out in june) will be next better as the band becomes a true group. The first album is good but not good enough for album of the year.

That's what I heard. I wonder if this would apply with Alter Bridge as well.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:39 AM   #21
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, I heard about that

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-13-2005, 06:17 PM   #22
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) That's what I heard. I wonder if this would apply with Alter Bridge as well.

I think Alter Bridge although they're not a "supergroup" are in a similar position to bands like Audioslave and Velvet Revolver. The second album is the big test and all 3 bands must deliever with their sophomore album.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-13-2005, 06:24 PM   #23
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
yeah... and We're About to See w/ AudioSlave... their new one is coming out pretty soon

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-13-2005, 06:57 PM   #24
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
June apparently which I guess is fairly soon. Tom saids it rocks really hard which its going to do with 3/4's of RATM. Cornell needs to take more of a lead over the musical direction rather than just vocal melodies and lyrics. Everything that man touches turns to gold and the more he is involved the better.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-13-2005, 07:49 PM   #25
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) June apparently which I guess is fairly soon. Tom saids it rocks really hard which its going to do with 3/4's of RATM. Cornell needs to take more of a lead over the musical direction rather than just vocal melodies and lyrics. Everything that man touches turns to gold and the more he is involved the better.
I Disagree... Cornell has a Voice that leans toward soft music... if he got more involved in the music i think the music as a whole would get softer... and that's not something I want...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Cornell's voice isn't where it was a few years back, but I still think he can rock pretty hard. Soundgarden was pretty heavy up through Superunknown.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:14 PM   #27
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
With the way Cornell sings in Audioslave, I doubt he could sing and play at the same time.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:55 PM   #28
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) With the way Cornell sings in Audioslave, I doubt he could sing and play at the same time.

I'm not saying he should play and sing at the same time (although he could in the more softer material) but I think he should take a more active role in the actual music that is written. I think his best music is stuff like Temple of the Dog and his solo work although that is obviously much softer than Audioslave. I don't see why Audioslave can't have a bit of both, I don't want the whole album to be heavy. Kerri is right, his voice isn't what it used to be but on a song like "Show Me How to Live" its still a weapon of mass destruction!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-22-2005, 08:59 PM   #29
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Said Eyes) 2005:
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
yeah, what i've heard of that thus far is pretty sweet. only 5 tracks, of which i have 4...

Old 01-22-2005, 11:29 PM   #30
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) 2000- Black Label Society's "Stronger Than Death" /AIC "Live"
2001- BLS "Alcohol Fueled Brewtality Live +5 "
2002- BLS "1919 Eternal"/ 12 Stones "12 Stones"
2003- BLS "The Blessed Hellride"
2004- BLS "Hangover Music Vol. VI" / Alter Bridge " One Day Remains" / 12 Stones "Potter's Field"

Lol i saw 12 stones live, they were opening for creed. (Playing while the people were getting their seats)

They looked like a bunch of kids who were trying to play rock, they had their big banner on upside down, and when the singer yelled "OK EVERYONE LETS GET SOME ENERGY!! EVERYONE LETS STAND UP!!!" only like 3 guys stood up, and then they sat right back down.
And after they were done, they got like 20 claps.

I felt bad for them so i gave a woot.

Oh course when creed came on the fucking place went insane, I didnt know what was louder, the bigass fire crackers / explosions, the 1 story sized speakers, or the hugass screaming audiance

Oh yhea best albums

- Creed weathered
- Alterbridge One day remains
(Only albums i bought so yhea)

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27