++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-12-2005, 04:48 PM   #31
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Okay people, Myles are still owning Stapp big! Myles has 54 against Scott's poor 15!! Myles is MORE than half way!! (First to reach 100 wins, remember?)

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-12-2005, 05:22 PM   #32
titan9
USER INFO »
Something tells me if looks were rated 2 and ability 1, that it would be the opposite. Or at least not as lopsided as it is. Or if this were posted at PBF.....nah, bad idea.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 09-12-2005, 06:26 PM   #33
RMadd
USER INFO »
stapp's quite the stud, but myles' voice is substantially superior

Old 09-12-2005, 07:54 PM   #34
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Something tells me if looks were rated 2 and ability 1, that it would be the opposite. Or at least not as lopsided as it is. Or if this were posted at PBF.....nah, bad idea.

Alright people lets be serious looks aside... Myles is a good singer and does have a good range, however his voice leaves alot to be desired...Mainly after about 15- 20 min I cant take listening to him anymore, he almost kills the ears. Maybe some of his songs from Mayfield which were more his style I dont mind.

Second Scott stapp is the real deal, He may be arrogant at times or whatever but when it comes down to it he had way more success as a singer and a writer than myles could ever dream. myles may be the better musician and may be a better schooled singer but Stapp didn't need all that to become a great frontman, and when it comes to singing a ballad, kennedy couldn't come close...My ears wanted to blow after listening to in loving memory, it would have sounded so much better had stapp sung it.

Finally,
Lets look at it like this, in listening to stapps new single it is ever appearant that he does not need tremonti to have a successful career as where with kennedy, Alter Bridge will continue to be a great "band" with a seventies/eighties wannabe, not that he is god awlful, I like bridge but creed will be remeber always.
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 09-12-2005, 09:00 PM   #35
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Alright people lets be serious looks aside... Myles is a good singer and does have a good range, however his voice leaves alot to be desired...Mainly after about 15- 20 min I cant take listening to him anymore, he almost kills the ears. Maybe some of his songs from Mayfield which were more his style I dont mind.

Second Scott stapp is the real deal, He may be arrogant at times or whatever but when it comes down to it he had way more success as a singer and a writer than myles could ever dream. myles may be the better musician and may be a better schooled singer but Stapp didn't need all that to become a great frontman, and when it comes to singing a ballad, kennedy couldn't come close...My ears wanted to blow after listening to in loving memory, it would have sounded so much better had stapp sung it.

Finally,
Lets look at it like this, in listening to stapps new single it is ever appearant that he does not need tremonti to have a successful career as where with kennedy, Alter Bridge will continue to be a great "band" with a seventies/eighties wannabe, not that he is god awlful, I like bridge but creed will be remeber always.

Just one question here: have you already listened to Mayfield Four songs???? Really?
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 09-13-2005, 12:15 AM   #36
ctfan
USER INFO »
Stapp gets 3 pts from me.

Quote: but when it comes down to it he had way more success as a singer and a writer than myles could ever dream. myles may be the better musician and may be a better schooled singer but Stapp didn't need all that to become a great frontman, and when it comes to singing a ballad, kennedy couldn't come close...

Yep.

Quote: Myles is a good singer and does have a good range, however his voice leaves alot to be desired...Mainly after about 15- 20 min I cant take listening to him anymore, he almost kills the ears.

Yep.

Quote: Lets look at it like this, in listening to stapps new single it is ever appearant that he does not need tremonti to have a successful career

Yep.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:21 AM   #37
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Finally,

What the hell . . . We dont even know yet if Stapps new single will be successful.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 09-13-2005, 06:30 AM   #38
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Oh and for AB being a "seventies/eighties wannabe" band, Tremonti has tried to create a different sound then to Creed (although some songs do sound creedish), not just re-using the same formula that made Creed sucessful. Which so far to me is what Stapp is doing. Im sure on the next album AB will develop their own sound a bit more, and show off Myles voice alot more.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 09-13-2005, 09:30 AM   #39
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Seventies eighties wannabe band.

First off, all good rock and roll came from the seventies. You can't find good rock any later than that. Sure you can have retardedly generic post grunge alternative, but not rock and roll.

Also, if you can't listen to Myles voice after 20 minutes the problem is with you, not Myles. Someone with real taste in music would never dislike someone just because they are a tenor.

And when you say Stapp is the real deal I laugh. Is this the real deal whose voice was shot throughout his entire last tour? The real deal who got SUED for showing up high at a concert, and was rolling around on the ground?

Stapp has no special lyrical or vocal ability AT ALL. His lyricas are generic lame and boring. His voice is generic lame boring and as of last tour, shot. The reason he had more success is because people can't HANDLE anything that isn't boring. The mainstream does not LIKE talented musicians because it goes over their HEADS. Stapp certainyl goes over NO ONE's head so he was able to get famous on the back of Tremo's ludicrously catchy melodic hooks.

And besides. Stapp is a porky pork. Case closed.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:50 AM   #40
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Seventies eighties wannabe band.
Also, if you can't listen to Myles voice after 20 minutes the problem is with you, not Myles. Someone with real taste in music would never dislike someone just because they are a tenor.
exactly. Myles has an awesome voice. live he even sings better. he can do whatever he wants with his voice.

Quote: And when you say Stapp is the real deal I laugh. Is this the real deal whose voice was shot throughout his entire last tour? The real deal who got SUED for showing up high at a concert, and was rolling around on the ground?
Right as well. Stapp has no special voice whatsoever. He has so many limitations that noone can say hes a real deal.

Quote: Stapp has no special lyrical or vocal ability AT ALL. His lyricas are generic lame and boring. His voice is generic lame boring and as of last tour, shot. The reason he had more success is because people can't HANDLE anything that isn't boring. The mainstream does not LIKE talented musicians because it goes over their HEADS. Stapp certainyl goes over NO ONE's head so he was able to get famous on the back of Tremo's ludicrously catchy melodic hooks.
Of course Stapp voice is boring after a couple of songs.
The difference between Stappy and Tremonti is very easy. Tremonti is not looking for fame and success as a individual. Stapp wants and desires continue be famous, the singer of Creed. Tremonti is having fun and enjoying and showing that doesnt need anyone to compose lurics and music...hes to talented to waist his time next to Stapp.

Quote: And besides. Stapp is a porky pork. Case closed.

Last edited by Trimontana : 09-13-2005 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:55 PM   #41
Anna1011
USER INFO »
pft stapps new song is shite sorry if i offend some people on here but its sounds like country music

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 09-13-2005, 04:05 PM   #42
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anna1011) pft stapps new song is shite sorry if i offend some people on here but its sounds like country music

i agree with you Anna. I love country music but for someone that still thinks is a rock star sing something like that doesnt suit him at all. the song is aweful, i didnt like it and i suppose that it will have some air time cause sounds very cheese pop country stuff.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:07 PM   #43
Anna1011
USER INFO »
i was willing to give him a chance but not if his stuffs gonna sound like that. he'll probly do really well with it just cause hes stapp and people already support him but i dont think itll win over many new fans.

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 09-13-2005, 04:13 PM   #44
Trimontana
USER INFO »
i wanna hear the rst of his stuff but i wont buy it. i wont give to him a cent of my money. anyway i dont think i will like his record but still waiting. about new fans, nope i dont think he will win lot more. cause there are loads of people that still thinks Creed's still together maybe those people will buy his album. lets see tho
Old 09-13-2005, 05:20 PM   #45
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Its A-M-A-Z-I-N-G like some people here love making fun of Stapp all the time but almost die when someone does the same refering to Myles ...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too