++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 07:30 AM   #31
AndrewFromABRox
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Alright ti everyone that has said mark and the band are just telling what really happened or are just now getting it out, I understand that and it may be true. All im saying is (IMO) its getting more violent and hostile with ever interveiw, now like i said it COULD be true, we wont ever know, it just seems like theyre enjoying the attention or theyre really pissed off. Dont get me wrong i love alter bridge (yes even more than Creed) and i liked stapp alot when he was with creed, but i really liked creed because of the music more than the singer, so i am still a stapp supporter, but not really a fan. Anyway what im trying to say is im not just another post-creed clinger, trying to keep creed alive, Id rather move on but its obviously going to be a challenge, peace.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:12 AM   #32
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Holy smoke, did Brian take drugs?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-21-2005, 09:53 AM   #33
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Holy smoke, did Brian take drugs?

Apparently he did. Never knew that before.........

Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) Oh, but see its like fans from rival teams getting together and arguing over which team is better. On one hand we have AB fans, and on the other we have stapp's fans. And I say my team is better than yours! So eat it!

You forgot to mention that there are some(like me) who are equal fans of both. If Tremonti was getting all the bashing Stapp has, I'd be defending him the same. I'm defending Stapp in this topic because I just find it hard to believe that Stapp was this completely awful person that Tremonti and Philips seem to make him out to be.

Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) I think the silence from stapp, and him saying he isn't gonna talk about the dirty laundry is like when you get in an argument with someone, and then say, well I'm gonna be the bigger person and not argue, when really your just trying to get in the last word.

How exactly is Stapp trying to get the last word? He hasn't said a single bad thing about Tremonti or Philips. In fact, he's really said nothing but good things about them and Creed. He COULD bash them, but he obviously prefers not to talk badly about guys who were once his best friends. Tremonti's interviews have made me respect Tremonti as a person less and less, while Stapp's interviews have made me respect him as a person more and more. Kinda unbelievable since Stapp is this terrible person. Stapp's actually, to me, coming across as someone who's truly thankful for what he has and someone who is truly sorry for any mistakes he made in the past. That says alot about Stapp today......and Tremonti's anti-Stapp interviews say alot about Tremonti.

Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) I also don't like people one month claim that they are Christians and then almost seem to mock Christianity the next. My own personal issue though.

Since when did he mock Christianity? Maybe you're thinking of that MTV interview where he talked quite openly about it and I believe said "maybe I'll don a 'God man' costume" He said it jokingly. Not mockingly. He seems to have really re-found his faith. Every interview since the breakup that he has done, he has always talked about how he re-found his faith. As a Christian, that makes me happy for him. It's always great to see people come back to the Church, and this is no different. Nothing in these interviews that Stapp has done mocks Christianity.

Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) I would love to hear an unbias approach to the inside of creed. And i think Hestla would be a great person to interview. Stapp is going to tell you one thing, tremonti is going to tell you another, its the way music works, they are competing for popularity.

I agree, I would like to hear an unbiased opinion. You're right, Stapp will tell you his side, Tremonti will tell you his side and really, you don't know who is right. I believe some of what Stapp says and some of what Tremonti says. I think there's some truth and some lies there. That's where Hestla's opinion would come in handy.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-21-2005, 09:57 AM   #34
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) The interviewers just keep asking the same thing. And don't expect Mark and the others to back down and remain tight-lipped about what went on. No matter how courteous one thinks they should be regarding the matter, it seems like they've already done that throughout Creed's career. It's time for them to get this crap off their chest. The simple fact is that everyone wants to know what the hell happened.

This is the bottom line. The interviewers keep asking the same things. That's it in a nutshell. If the interviewers would drop it and ask questions about the FUTURE instead of dwelling on the past, maybe everyone else would follow suit. I can understand Mark's point when he says:

"As much as we want to leave all this in the past, it feels almost therapeutic to get it out."

How many times can they dance around it, walk on eggshells and be polite before they get sick of skirting the issues? I can understand them getting to the point where it just feels good to get it out in the open.

Obviously, Stapp has issues. It was clear to the other members of Creed, and apparently it became obvious to the members of The Tea Party or they'd be with him right now. And what can Stapp say in his defense? His silence is his answer, IMO.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-21-2005, 10:24 AM   #35
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) lol, uh huh...
thats right
i mean....i dont know....lol

Dek, I love you......

Lol
Old 01-21-2005, 11:11 AM   #36
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) This is the bottom line. The interviewers keep asking the same things. That's it in a nutshell. If the interviewers would drop it and ask questions about the FUTURE instead of dwelling on the past, maybe everyone else would follow suit. I can understand Mark's point when he says:

"As much as we want to leave all this in the past, it feels almost therapeutic to get it out."

How many times can they dance around it, walk on eggshells and be polite before they get sick of skirting the issues? I can understand them getting to the point where it just feels good to get it out in the open.

Obviously, Stapp has issues. It was clear to the other members of Creed, and apparently it became obvious to the members of The Tea Party or they'd be with him right now. And what can Stapp say in his defense? His silence is his answer, IMO.

Right on!

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 01-21-2005, 12:16 PM   #37
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Since when did he mock Christianity?

I think the original poster may be referring to the fact that he put out the Christian persona and is then found getting in bar fights, etc.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-21-2005, 12:21 PM   #38
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
This whole Kerrang thing acheived what it set out to do...get people talking, and paying attention to both AB, and stapp...from a publicity point of view, good or bad...it is publicity...and that is what "sells" (ok..so does "sex") but, think about it...a good soap opera can really draw in a crowd.

I posted how i felt about this at another bb...and after reading what has been posted since my remarks, came to this conclusion...people will read it and believe what they want to believe.

We may have our opinions about what was said, and reacted to it...but at the end of the day...the only ones it really matters to is the people THAT WERE REALLY THERE, and even then..."there is no Truth, only perceptions"...to borrow a phrase.

Mark, purging himself to the media because he feels it's theraputic, at the expense of someone he called "brother" in another time. Stapp, not expounding on the "dirty laundery" because he says he doesn't feel it needs discussed in public...two sides of the same coin...with totally different approaches.

I've always wished AB well, tho i've not agreed with their methods, nor do i like their music...and i've always stood behind stapp...and will continue to do so...

So, lets get on with life...forgive and let go of the pain....because it didn't kill ya...but it did make you wiser...and for that everyone should be thankful...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 01-21-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:12 PM   #39
Agent D
USER INFO »
Maybe Stapp isn't airing his dirty laundry because what Mark is saying is completely true and Stapp can't afford to admit that because he'll lose his angelic persona.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:33 PM   #40
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Maybe Stapp isn't airing his dirty laundry because what Mark is saying is completely true and Stapp can't afford to admit that because he'll lose his angelic persona.

Stapp himself has NEVER claimed to be perfect...that is something that has been assigned to him by some, possibly due to the personal expectations they held him to...and felt he should fulfill.

Airing dirty laundery in public...is rude...true or not, as in most cases, whether it is celeberty or one of us, there is no difference. Got a problem...work it out between yourselves, and if you can't...then JUST LET IT GO, and talk to a therapist if you need to "free" yourself...they have the cash to afford one.

again like i said, conterversy makes for great publicity...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 01-21-2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:41 PM   #41
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Maybe Stapp isn't airing his dirty laundry because what Mark is saying is completely true and Stapp can't afford to admit that because he'll lose his angelic persona.
Scott never claimed to have an 'angelic persona'. He has just chosen to move on with his life and let the past remain the past.

Everything that happened during Creed cannot be changed - I'm sure there is a lot of regret on both sides. However, Scott is moving on and has chosen to NOT dwell on the problems that ultimately tore the band apart. Why can't everyone see that? So many people get such satisfaction from ripping him apart. How can one be so judgemental toward a person they never met? I don't agree with Mark and the approach he has taken, but I can't judge him - he has his reasons. But, I think all the negativity has backfired on him and them (AB). A lot of people have lost respect for Mark airing the 'dirty laundry' in public.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:43 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Maybe Stapp isn't airing his dirty laundry because what Mark is saying is completely true and Stapp can't afford to admit that because he'll lose his angelic persona.

Or maybe Scott just doesn't want to argue about what Mark is saying. Maybe Stapp just doesn't want to get into all that personal stuff. Just because he refuses to air the dirty laundry, doesn't mean he's hiding anything. We don't know what exactly went on, and we probably never will know the 100% truth.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I think the original poster may be referring to the fact that he put out the Christian persona and is then found getting in bar fights, etc.

Perhaps so, but Shiver didn't express it like that. I don't think Stapp ever put out the Christian persona. As he said in the MTV interview, people always asked "Is Creed a Christian band?" They never asked "Are YOU a Christian?" Scott said in the MTV interview that if they had asked him that question, he wouldn't have known what to say. Scott has said, while he was brought up in a very Christian home, he abandoned that, rebelled and joined a Rock band. I don't think he really portrayed himself as a Christian while in Creed. The Creed days were, in a sense, his rebellion days. And Christians do make mistakes, they do get into fights. Christians aren't perfect. What counts is that Stapp has acknowledged these mistakes and apologized for them.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) However, Scott is moving on and has chosen to NOT dwell on the problems that ultimately tore the band apart. Why can't everyone see that? So many people get such satisfaction from ripping him apart. How can one be so judgemental toward a person they never met? I don't agree with Mark and the approach he has taken, but I can't judge him - he has his reasons. But, I think all the negativity has backfired on him and them (AB). A lot of people have lost respect for Mark airing the 'dirty laundry' in public.

That's really how I feel about it, Shadow. I have lost some respect that I had for Mark(as a person, not a musician) because of his constant Stapp bashing and airing the dirty laundry. That doesn't make me any less of an Alter Bridge fan, though. I just don't have as much respect for Mark as a man as I did before.

Last edited by titan9 : 01-21-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:54 PM   #43
Agent D
USER INFO »
Man, I should've known I'd be flamed for that one.

All of I'm saying is that there just might be some actual truth to what AB is saying. And regardless of whether or not Scott bestowed that angelic persona upon himself, he did nothing to difuse to it.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:02 PM   #44
titan9
USER INFO »
Lol, we aren't flaming you! You seem like a good guy, but all I'm saying(and I'd be saying this to whoever said that) is that just because Stapp doesn't want to talk about the stuff that went on, it doesn't mean he has something to hide. It could be him being, you know, polite about the whole thing. We don't know, though.

I agree, there COULD be some truth to what AB is saying(and as I've said before, I believe some of what they say and some of what Stapp says) but I just don't believe Stapp's that awful of a person. And I don't think he deserves all this bashing that he seems to be getting from the guys who were, at one time, like brothers to him. Being a fan of Creed and of all the guys, I don't like to see Mark and Flip bashing Stapp in what seems like, every interview.

Last edited by titan9 : 01-21-2005 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:43 PM   #45
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Stapp himself has NEVER claimed to be perfect...that is something that has been assigned to him by some, possibly due to the personal expectations they held him to...and felt he should fulfill.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with this topic as no one really has an answer except for Mark and Scott. But with regards to Stapp's persona, he did give off that "perfect" persona during the Creed days, whether he wanted to or not. In general the stereotype is that a Christian will behave like a model Christian and be perfect. Creed was labeled a Christian band, and Stapp ended up the "image" of Creed. Therefore people (the media) had high expectations of Stapp.

Again, not saying this is my personal belief, but what one can perceive...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Closed Thread