++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-09-2005, 11:18 PM   #1
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What happens now with Head Heavy?

So now that AB's been touring for awhile with plans into the spring, what happens to Brian's band, Head Heavy? I know there have been quotes from Mark saying that Alter Bridge is the band he plans on retiring from down the road, but what happens with the other projects? Also, does anyone think the Downshifter project has been put on permanent hold?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-09-2005, 11:31 PM   #2
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) So now that AB's been touring for awhile with plans into the spring, what happens to Brian's band, Head Heavy? I know there have been quotes from Mark saying that Alter Bridge is the band he plans on retiring from down the road, but what happens with the other projects? Also, does anyone think the Downshifter project has been put on permanent hold?

I was thinking about that Downshifter project the other day actually. As far as Head Heavy I believe they have a replacement bassist for Brian, but I guess Brian will help them out as much as possible (touring with AB and stuff). I hope Mark still does a speed metal project at some stage. There were supposed to be dudes from Slipknot in that (if I remember rightly) which doesn't really impress me although their lead guitarist is good.

It would be awesome if he could get Morgan Rose from Sevendust on the drums. Perhaps Mark could form a band around himself and get some guest vocalists. I'm still hoping that inbetween AB releases (maybe between the 2nd and 3rd albums) that Mark does this and Myles finishes the solo album he was working on.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-10-2005, 01:08 AM   #3
chafin24
USER INFO »
headheavy is still going

there cd is done, and check the website, because you can purchase the cd via there website for $10.00. I heard the brian marshall is playing bass with headheavy at the earthday birthday concert in orlando fla.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:14 AM   #4
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) Perhaps Mark could form a band around himself and get some guest vocalists.
kinda like Carlos Santana does? except with good vocalists, not crappy pop singers (i'm not knocking Santana, just a couple of the artists with whom he's worked)

Old 04-10-2005, 02:35 AM   #5
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) kinda like Carlos Santana does? except with good vocalists, not crappy pop singers (i'm not knocking Santana, just a couple of the artists with whom he's worked)

you mean chad kroger, rob thomas and michelle branch? lol
get some good metal singers (and maybe some of those 80's style vocalists) and do a probot style thing except there will be a guitarist who is MUCH better. maybe get dudes like troy stetina and michael battio to do guest solos.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-10-2005, 02:57 AM   #6
RMadd
USER INFO »
hey now, i like rob thomas. but ditto on Kroeger & Branch. and Alex Band, too, of The Calling. I think he did the original of the song that Kroeger sang on, but Santana re-recorded w/ Chadwick for the radio single or something like that.

Old 04-10-2005, 02:58 AM   #7
RMadd
USER INFO »
but, anyway, if i were Brian, i'd stick w/ AB for the time being. it's all about the benjamins, baby

Old 04-10-2005, 12:21 PM   #8
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) hey now, i like rob thomas. but ditto on Kroeger & Branch. and Alex Band, too, of The Calling. I think he did the original of the song that Kroeger sang on, but Santana re-recorded w/ Chadwick for the radio single or something like that.

You got that backwards actually... Santana did the song with Chad Kroeger first originally. There was a dispute with the record labels which caused Santana to rerecord it with Alex Band to release as a single. The radio stations here actually played the Chad version though lol

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 04-10-2005, 03:08 PM   #9
RMadd
USER INFO »
ahhh.... i sorta had a feeling i said it wrong.... but, yeah, i remember the stations in st. louis that played santana played the kroeger version more; i think i only heard the band version once.

Old 04-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #10
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
I would like to see singers like Dave Mustain, James Hetfield, and Seether do some stuff with Mark Tremonti. That would be awesome. Maybe in return Tremonti will play guitar on Hetfields country album...LMAO, Tremonti with a cowboy hat and cowboy boots....need i say more

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-10-2005, 04:11 PM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »
James Hetfield is doing a country album???

Old 04-10-2005, 04:20 PM   #12
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) James Hetfield is doing a country album???

Am I the only one who finds that incredibly funny, if true?

As for the side-projects, I didn't even know about the other ones(besides Mark's of course). If those ever pan out, man, I'm sure that'd be some great music.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #13
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) I would like to see singers like Dave Mustain,
Aww FUCK no... Why the hell would you want Mustaine singing for him??? Man the guy is a SICK guitarist and an excellent person... but damn... the dude CANNOT sing...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 04-10-2005, 08:28 PM   #14
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) Aww FUCK no... Why the hell would you want Mustaine singing for him??? Man the guy is a SICK guitarist and an excellent person... but damn... the dude CANNOT sing...

Megadeath are a sweet band but he's not Freddie Mercury. According to that funny interview posted here Mark loves Opeth so it would be sweet if he could convince their singer to lay down vocals on a track. I just hope this project actually happens at some point.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-10-2005, 09:39 PM   #15
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Yes, it is true, James Hetfield is donning a cowboy hat and boots, and doing a country album. Its kinda weird, and scares me too, but ultimatey, country is his favorite genre of music.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me