++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-06-2004, 07:23 PM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) That statement was just a general statement to say cut her some slack. Nothing more.
Thanks.
Whatever. But I have the right, as do others, to disagree with her, as she does with me.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:31 PM   #17
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
we all have the right to free speech
as long as you're not actually dumb enough to try to use it.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 10-06-2004, 10:52 PM   #18
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) whether i like their music in this incarnation or not doesn't mean i have no right to speak up when i feel they are being unfair in their assessments of certain situations

as for letting go of the past, Dogstar...not a problem, when they quit discussing it...

~peace
I understand that, but maybe you'd be better off (as would most of those who object to the context of interviews with Mark and Flip,) if you didn't read any of the articles with interviews. Just a suggestion to avoid having your feelings trampled on when it comes to the 3/4 of the band formerly known as Creed saying things about the remaining 1/4 that you don't agree with or that you consider unfair assessments.

I agree that everyone has the right to speak his or her mind, but when it comes to interviews where Stapp's name is mentioned, the hurt feelings are getting so old and redundant. Redundancy is evil. A wise man once said that on this board. I miss him.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-06-2004, 11:00 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Redundancy is evil. A wise man once said that on this board. I miss him.
Me, too.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:30 PM   #20
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) I understand that, but maybe you'd be better off (as would most of those who object to the context of interviews with Mark and Flip,) if you didn't read any of the articles with interviews. Just a suggestion to avoid having your feelings trampled on when it comes to the 3/4 of the band formerly known as Creed saying things about the remaining 1/4 that you don't agree with or that you consider unfair assessments.

I agree that everyone has the right to speak his or her mind, but when it comes to interviews where Stapp's name is mentioned, the hurt feelings are getting so old and redundant. Redundancy is evil. A wise man once said that on this board. I miss him.

There are NO interviews where Stapp's name isn't mentioned. Why is it..that when an article is posted here by any member of Alter Bridge, and someone posts their opinon on or about something that they aren't in complete agreement within said article...they are being redundant, but yet...the interviews themselves aren't?

I don't get it at all.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:31 PM   #21
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) I understand that, but maybe you'd be better off (as would most of those who object to the context of interviews with Mark and Flip,) if you didn't read any of the articles with interviews. Just a suggestion to avoid having your feelings trampled on when it comes to the 3/4 of the band formerly known as Creed saying things about the remaining 1/4 that you don't agree with or that you consider unfair assessments.

thank you for your suggestion, TB19...i have a feeling...you and others will see...the benign act by those of us posting our disagreement with what has been said, will be nothing compaired to what they will bring upon themselves by their own words if they continue in the direction they have chosen...

As you have posted...Redundancy is evil...of course this is just an observation...
Old 10-06-2004, 11:50 PM   #22
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Here's how it more than likely goes, for those of you just joining us. Mark et al give an interview about their NEW band. The reporters feel the need to dredge up the sordid details of their OLD band and ex-bandmate, to which Mark et al give their side of it, but more than likely they're wishing the reporters would concentrate more on the NEW band and try to leave the OLD band in the past. The reporters make sure they print the most sordid details, thus ensuring people will buy their rags. Then the fans who are so totally behind Stapp, no matter how many ways they can be shown that he does NOT, in fact, walk on water, begin to grumble about how unfair the majority of ex-Creed members are being toward their ex-bandmate. Then those who are trying to be impartial but are tired of giving Stapp the benefit of the doubt time and time again speak their peace and the Stapp-backers then feel persecuted and cry the blues about how they can't speak their minds freely without being bashed. It's been this way over and over and over and over and over again in almost every thread on this message board. Good God, I for one, am SICK of this constant back and forth.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-06-2004, 11:52 PM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Here's how it more than likely goes, for those of you just joining us. Mark et al give an interview about their NEW band. The reporters feel the need to dredge up the sordid details of their OLD band and ex-bandmate, to which Mark et al give their side of it, but more than likely they're wishing the reporters would concentrate more on the NEW band and try to leave the OLD band in the past. The reporters make sure they print the most sordid details, thus ensuring people will buy their rags. Then the fans who are so totally behind Stapp, no matter how many ways they can be shown that he does NOT, in fact, walk on water, begin to grumble about how unfair the majority of ex-Creed members are being toward their ex-bandmate. Then those who are trying to be impartial but are tired of giving Stapp the benefit of the doubt time and time again speak their peace and the Stapp-backers then feel persecuted and cry the blues about how they can't speak their minds freely without being bashed. It's been this way over and over and over and over and over again in almost every thread on this message board. Good God, I for one, am SICK of this constant back and forth.

Old 10-07-2004, 01:17 AM   #24
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) ...will be nothing compaired to what they will bring upon themselves by their own words if they continue in the direction they have chosen...
*looks around forum* Nope, I don't see any members of AB in here...who are you talking to?

There is a difference between expressing your opinion and exerting oneself into the position of reprimanding the band...a band with whom you do not personally know, and apparently, have no access to, since you insist on admonishing the people on this board instead of contacting AB directly.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:27 AM   #25
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Disillusioned) *looks around forum* Nope, I don't see any members of AB in here...who are you talking to?

There is a difference between expressing your opinion and exerting oneself into the position of reprimanding the band...a band with whom you do not personally know, and apparently, have no access to, since you insist on admonishing the people on this board instead of contacting AB directly.

Next time you "quote" me, Disillusioned one...quote/read the WHOLE comment...

Quote: you and others will see...the benign act by those of us posting our disagreement with what has been said, will be nothing compaired to what they will bring upon themselves by their own words if they continue in the direction they have chosen...

when taken in context...you will see NO ONE is refering to repremanding the band...only giving MY OPINION of what i see could possibly happen...don't toy with me by changing the meanings of what i post...been there, done that...didn't work then and it's not going to work now.

i believe i have told you before..anything i post is MY OPINION...nothing more.

TB19...what you say could be true...then again...it's just speculation..altho, like the reasons behind the Creed breakup weren't all because of stapp...the answers in the interviews aren't all the fault of the reporter...there is common link in both places....

no one is trying to change anyone elses opinions by disagreeing with what is posted in the interviews, no reason to...if we can respect the fact that y'all have your opinions, why not respect the fact that we have ours as well...

i don't believe that any of us thinks stapp "walks on water" as you have suggested...but i'm sure he is working on his flying skills... ...haha!
Old 10-07-2004, 03:24 AM   #26
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Next time you "quote" me, Disillusioned one...quote/read the WHOLE comment...

when taken in context...you will see NO ONE is refering to repremanding the band...only giving MY OPINION of what i see could possibly happen...don't toy with me by changing the meanings of what i post...been there, done that...didn't work then and it's not going to work now.

i believe i have told you before..anything i post is MY OPINION...nothing more.
Although I didn't put all of what you said in the quote, I don't think I took what you said out of context. Not at all. You posted your opinion up to the point where I quoted you...where I quoted you, you were giving a reprimand and a warning directed toward the members of AB.

The reprimand may have come in the form of an opinion, but it was, nonetheless a reprimand. Therefore, you can call it an opinion, and I'll call it a reprimand. Either way, have you ever heard of "misdirected" hurt, or anger? What you call your opinion, is sometimes (not all of the time), directed toward the wrong people. As I have said before and will continue to say, you are speaking to the wrong audience...if you really want to be heard, try contacting AB directly.

Last edited by Disillusioned : 10-07-2004 at 05:01 AM.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:02 AM   #27
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Here's how it more than likely goes, for those of you just joining us. Mark et al give an interview about their NEW band. The reporters feel the need to dredge up the sordid details of their OLD band and ex-bandmate, to which Mark et al give their side of it, but more than likely they're wishing the reporters would concentrate more on the NEW band and try to leave the OLD band in the past. The reporters make sure they print the most sordid details, thus ensuring people will buy their rags. Then the fans who are so totally behind Stapp, no matter how many ways they can be shown that he does NOT, in fact, walk on water, begin to grumble about how unfair the majority of ex-Creed members are being toward their ex-bandmate. Then those who are trying to be impartial but are tired of giving Stapp the benefit of the doubt time and time again speak their peace and the Stapp-backers then feel persecuted and cry the blues about how they can't speak their minds freely without being bashed. It's been this way over and over and over and over and over again in almost every thread on this message board. Good God, I for one, am SICK of this constant back and forth.

Very nice......That took the words out of my mouth.....
Old 10-07-2004, 01:27 PM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: TB19...what you say could be true...then again...it's just speculation..altho, like the reasons behind the Creed breakup weren't all because of stapp...the answers in the interviews aren't all the fault of the reporter...there is common link in both places....
And your opinion isn't speculation? Mkay.

Quote: no one is trying to change anyone elses opinions by disagreeing with what is posted in the interviews, no reason to...if we can respect the fact that y'all have your opinions, why not respect the fact that we have ours as well...
I don't think people here, in general, have disrespected the fact that you have your opinion. They have just disagreed with your opinion.

Quote: i don't believe that any of us thinks stapp "walks on water" as you have suggested...
Maybe you don't, but there are plenty of others here who do and refuse to believe anything else.
Quote: ...where I quoted you, you were giving a reprimand and a warning directed toward the members of AB.

The reprimand may have come in the form of an opinion, but it was, nonetheless a reprimand. Therefore, you can call it an opinion, and I'll call it a reprimand. Either way, have you ever heard of "misdirected" hurt, or anger? What you call your opinion, is sometimes (not all of the time), directed toward the wrong people. As I have said before and will continue to say, you are speaking to the wrong audience...if you really want to be heard, try contacting AB directly.
Well said.