++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 12-14-2003, 09:31 AM   #1
creedsister
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Dec the 25th the birth of christ

For the first time in like forever i have a question yes me i have a question,Here it is,,we celabrate christmas as jesus birthday but know one knows if it happend on the 24 day of dec or not,,not that i care or god the importan thing is that it did,,does anybody else know of any dif dates other than DEc 25 ,,it would really help me with some stuff,,,peace be wicha ya, ll
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 12-14-2003, 05:09 PM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
I think scholars have pinpointed the date to sometime in the spring (april or may?) based on the shepherds and the customary census, and perhaps astronomical events... dec 25 was chosen b/c it was the same day as a famous pagan holiday, and was used as a sort of deterrant or alternative to the non-christians

Old 12-14-2003, 06:25 PM   #3
creedsister
USER INFO »
I did,nt know that well it was good to find out anyways,,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 12-15-2003, 04:39 AM   #4
bgivens33
USER INFO »
That is exactly what i've heard
Old 12-15-2003, 05:59 AM   #5
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Same with Easter 2

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 12-15-2003, 04:29 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
Well Good God bless me this is a first,,Everybodys in agremeant,,
Old 12-15-2003, 04:31 PM   #7
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) Well Good God bless me this is a first,,Everybodys in agremeant,,
lol

Old 12-15-2003, 04:48 PM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
maybe i mite have spoke to soon,,
Old 12-15-2003, 08:31 PM   #9
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Christ wasn't born on Dec 25th. That should be winter in Middle East, therefore, there were no flock of sheep on winter.

Students of Ancient History and ministers say Jesus was probablu born in June-October period, hence the Bible says there were flocks.

No one knows the right date, but I don't see nothing wrong in creating a date to celebrate His born. I don't care if it's right or not...(the date)
Old 12-15-2003, 09:05 PM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
I didnt know that it could have been sometimes in Oct,,but who knows but that really helped me out alot,,peace be whicha
Old 12-15-2003, 11:06 PM   #11
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Same with Easter 2

While many holidays coincide (sp?) with many pagan holidays. Easter does not. We know this because Jesus was celebrating passover at the time of his capture. So it would have been shortly after that he was crucified. So easter is around the same time as passover.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:27 AM   #12
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Iced) While many holidays coincide (sp?) with many pagan holidays. Easter does not. We know this because Jesus was celebrating passover at the time of his capture. So it would have been shortly after that he was crucified. So easter is around the same time as passover.
Word... I wasn't sure about that Easter comment either. Granted, it didn't occur whichever Sunday of the year following whatever that it does, but we know it was a Sunday and, as has been so eloquently mentioned, was following the Passover.

Old 12-16-2003, 07:26 AM   #13
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
I ski

Man, what a scare I just went through the whole night in absolute agony, throwing up and everything, and then was rushed to hospital the next day after seeing my doctor. Had kidney stones!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 12-16-2003, 07:15 PM   #14
creedsister
USER INFO »
that sucks i hope you feel better soon
Old 12-16-2003, 09:13 PM   #15
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Yeah, Kidney stones suck. I haven't had them, but I was in the truck with my Dad while he had them, it was quite a scare! About Christ's b-day, I was actually watching a show on this the other day. I don't know how they came up with an exact date, but they said it was either april 6th or april 26. one or the other. I wasn't paying that much attention.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp