++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-25-2006, 02:07 AM   #16
bilal
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: My Sacrifice????

yeh ur right............hey steven.......... i wont crap ur place again........... kindly accept my appoigies...............damn......... its been only 3 days dat iam in this forum and its the 4th time iam asking for pardon...........damn.........
Old 02-25-2006, 09:46 AM   #17
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Just hit edit on your old post and add your comments. You don't have to make several posts because you think of something new each time. And you don't have to have everything thought out exactly in your post, just add stuff to that post instead of replying to yourself.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:18 AM   #18
geletmote
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) let me just put a question here to all

WHO CAN PLAY ONE LAST BREATH AS PLAYED BY TREMONTI.............

HEY I can play it exactly many people play it so wrong I have looked into every bit of this song all the correct fingerpicking positions he uses and ive also found out how he improvisesthe chorus which sounds awesome, my favourite creed song i cant stop playing it ....
Old 02-26-2006, 08:31 AM   #19
bilal
USER INFO »

i am sure u can do buddy.............. and fellas.........i gotta tell ya all............ i just had a little chat wid this guy..........geletmote................. and i have never came accross a person so much obssesed with a song the way he is with "One last BReath"........... he can answere almost anything by usin lyrics of teh song............. coool!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 12:23 AM   #20
shiver
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) yeh...but if u really like the song...........try this chord progession...........its in standard tunning

If you really like the song you'll learn to play it right. The reason you learn other peoples songs is to learn their tricks. It's like doing vocab in school. You learn all these words, and you're supposed to be able to use them in conversation. You learn Tremonti's tricks, then work them into your daily guitar use. Find other people learn their tricks, work it into your playing. You won't get anywhere trying to cheat the system and use shortcuts. Don't be lazy.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #21
bilal
USER INFO »

thats very nice............ yeh ...... maybe this is one thing i am missing in my daily practice too....... i.e learn the technique and not just a how to play a song ............ iappreciate ur comments dude............... and yeh....... shortcuts sucks............ but u really need somebody to guide u properly .............right??............ cause when u try something the proper way......... and u cant get it done in first go or after couple of attempts.......... u start thinking that its not the right way ............ and u try for some easier way............... but yeh........ i abssolutely agree with ur comments.......... thanks for putting that up!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 04:08 PM   #22
StappsSaviour
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to StappsSaviour Send a message via MSN to StappsSaviour Send a message via Yahoo to StappsSaviour

very very true
i think that learning other peoples songs is waht gets you started to do your own things...
they infuence you in ways you will probably never realise
you take a part of every song that you learn to play with you
whether it be in a big way or a small way
i play the guitar...
have been fot almost 3 years now and im lovin!!!
can play @ least a little bit of all Creed songs and a few alter bridge...
due to strange open tunings i rarely use....

but if you're beginning to play the guitar and are teaching yourself i would recommend playing "One" and "What If"...
great songs!!!
but semi simple all @ the same time

good luck!

Dedicated to a lost soul now found
My oldest brother

Nathan Kenneth Malcom Williams

Even Though You're Gone, You Still Mean The World To Me
11.08.1987-12.06.2005

I will love you and honour your memory always.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #23
titan9
USER INFO »

"Ode" and "My Own Prison" are very simple songs as well, particularly "Ode". The intro to "Ode" is extremely easy(0-0-0-7-0-6-0-0-0-7-0-6-0-4) and the rest of the song seems to be as well. I just recently bought an Electric guitar(had been on Acoustic since last year) and am currently learning "Ode"(but since I don't have my amp yet....it doesn't sound that great).

Another easy song is "Never Die". If you know finger picking and string bending, you can play the basic melody of the song.

"Beautiful" is also really simple, although this one involves hammer-ons. But as long as you know how to do a hammer-on, you oughta be able to play this one just fine.

Most of Creed's songs are in Drop D, although a few are in standard(DSD, for instance).

What complicates songs like "Faceless Man", "My Sacrifice" and "Open Your Eyes" is that they are all in strange tunings. I know for sure that MS and OYE are both in DADADD and I think FM is as well. Anyway, this tuning is rather tricky. You lower your sixth string to D, raise your third string to A, raise your second string to D and lower your first string to D. The tough part is raising that second string to D without breaking it. I actually attempted to tune to DADADD a month ago and nearly broke my b string. So it's something you definitely have to be careful with.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-27-2006, 04:44 PM   #24
I-LUV-CREED
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) c;Mon mr.belvedear............. its my thought proces.... u ceee.......i posted once........then i though of aonther and had to post it..........i cant just sit down and draft a reply and mail it...............leave me alone............stop bullyin me .......

dude............steve is right......... quit posting one after anohter....... it is a little anoying........ so plz stop.! it is also called EDIT POST...... and u don't click that. posting one after anohter is really making us all madd! right guys!
Old 02-27-2006, 04:45 PM   #25
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by I-LUV-CREED) dude............steve is right......... quit posting one after anohter....... it is a little anoying........ so plz stop.! it is also called EDIT POST...... and u don't click that. posting one after anohter is really making us all madd! right guys!
wow, its Q i thought u had left. i havent seen u in a while.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:10 PM   #26
bilal
USER INFO »

do u really had to bring that up again???????.............didnt i appoligised ... i tryed to diverte the theme of the thread to something better by talking about guitar playin......damn....u guys are screwing it up ur self......... c'mon...... drop it ................. and what about being so mad over my only 3 consequetive post having all different comments........... made at diffeerent time gaps...........over which i have appoligiesd to steve........and to all...........damn
Old 02-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #27
shiver
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by I-LUV-CREED) dude............steve is right......... quit posting one after anohter....... it is a little anoying........ so plz stop.! it is also called EDIT POST...... and u don't click that. posting one after anohter is really making us all madd! right guys!

That's kinda ironic coming from you.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:33 PM   #28
shiver
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) thats very nice............ yeh ...... maybe this is one thing i am missing in my daily practice too....... i.e learn the technique and not just a how to play a song ............ iappreciate ur comments dude............... and yeh....... shortcuts sucks............ but u really need somebody to guide u properly .............right??............ cause when u try something the proper way......... and u cant get it done in first go or after couple of attempts.......... u start thinking that its not the right way ............ and u try for some easier way............... but yeh........ i abssolutely agree with ur comments.......... thanks for putting that up!!!!!!!

Hey I hope you didn't take my previous post as railing on you, but I tried so many times to learn shortcuts, that never worked, they didn't sound the same, that I about quit playing.
I think the other advice I would give is to learn four bars at a time. In most tab that is how it's printed. Practive your first four bars until you got it down pat, then move on to the next, but remember to add the first part. Pretty soon you got the whole song down. The guitar is a big puzzle, but the great thing is you get to pick out what picture you want to see, and then you get to put those pieces together to make that picture.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #29
StappsSaviour
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to StappsSaviour Send a message via MSN to StappsSaviour Send a message via Yahoo to StappsSaviour

come on guys
lighten up theres no need to be so negative!!!
peace!!!

and anyways back to the subject...

yes OYE, MS and Faceless Man are all in open D tuning

i think it has a beautiful sound, just as Open G tuning for playing In Loving Memory... hard but very nice

but if you do get your guitar into open D tuning Faceless Man and MS are definately ones i would recommend playing.
you will feel a great sense of accomplishment when you do!!!

good luck

Dedicated to a lost soul now found
My oldest brother

Nathan Kenneth Malcom Williams

Even Though You're Gone, You Still Mean The World To Me
11.08.1987-12.06.2005

I will love you and honour your memory always.