++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-11-2004, 03:13 PM   #1
Creednut22
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
So Sad =(

Hiya everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Well, I'll make this short and sweet because I know you guys aren't ready for it. It looks like the band is going on hiatus for awhile. Here in Detroit, our local hard rock station WRIF did an interview with Scott Stapp and the details were a bit shady BUT according to them, Stapp had said that the band is taking a break and will work on solo material (tremonti & stapp). I know that phillips is going to help tremonti on his stuff. I was so upset when I was listening to the radio the other day. I really hope that this is not true, but who knows. I'm going to go to the station's web site now to see if I can find the interview. I'll post any further details if I find any. I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news =( But like all of you are, I am completely depressed now.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:17 PM   #2
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creednut22) Hiya everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Well, I'll make this short and sweet because I know you guys aren't ready for it. It looks like the band is going on hiatus for awhile. Here in Detroit, our local hard rock station WRIF did an interview with Scott Stapp and the details were a bit shady BUT according to them, Stapp had said that the band is taking a break and will work on solo material (tremonti & stapp). I know that phillips is going to help tremonti on his stuff. I was so upset when I was listening to the radio the other day. I really hope that this is not true, but who knows. I'm going to go to the station's web site now to see if I can find the interview. I'll post any further details if I find any. I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news =( But like all of you are, I am completely depressed now.

Just so you know ... this information has been known for months now. Stapp has done numerous interviews with the same information already. Search the board. You'll find a lot of information about this.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-11-2004, 03:22 PM   #3
Creednut22
USER INFO »
I've heard rumors, just not the word hiatus or we're done.
I knew that too, it just sounded too finalized and I am not prepared to hear that one of my favorite bands are done.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:41 PM   #4
shunammite
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creednut22) I've heard rumors, just not the word hiatus or we're done.
I knew that too, it just sounded too finalized and I am not prepared to hear that one of my favorite bands are done.

Don't be sad, CN....I feel with you, but I'm coming to terms with it...and I really REALLY believe their work is "classic"...it will not be appreciated by everyone, the "spiritual insinuation" puts many people off...for understandable reasons...but anyone who is in emotional turmoil...and that's most people, eventually...will find a lot of help in Creed's stuff...and joy too.

And I just think they will continue as artists, one way or another...it helped me a little realizing how much other artists I admired had separated and regrouped so many different ways...

But I admit there was something special about Creed and it does hurt to see them split...I just know if they could stay together they would...and better to separate than to...well....go the way of some other rock artists...they die under pressure sometimes.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:09 PM   #5
CollectiveSoul
USER INFO »
don't make a thread like this at creedpit they will bite ur head off for talking about the band breaking up like i have. they have some funny inside joke where instead of being respectufl they count how many "stupid break up threads they can cound"
Old 03-11-2004, 05:30 PM   #6
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Just so you know ... this information has been known for months now. Stapp has done numerous interviews with the same information already. Search the board. You'll find a lot of information about this.
More like since November.

CN22, we've been learning more in the past couple of weeks. Stapp did an interview with MTV.com in which he said that they were indeed going to be getting back together. In a recent interview with Billboard, he commented that they all made a pact committing 10 years together, before they explore other paths, and that 10 years came to an end in mid-February. Stapp has been reading movie scripts in hopes to try some acting, and Tremonti & Phillips have once again reunited with Brian Marshall and will get or do have another singer that they will be doing an album with. Stapp is also doing a solo album. He supposidly wrote some music for the Passion of the Christ, but it is unknown whether it is actually on the 'music inspired by' album or not. Stapp was quoted as saying "I've dedicated the last 10 years of my life to Creed, and we're not done."

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 03-11-2004, 06:43 PM   #7
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
normally i would post the "Old News is So Exciting" picture, but i'll refrain
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-11-2004, 07:24 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Lol
Old 03-11-2004, 08:30 PM   #9
creedsister
USER INFO »
[quote=Creednut22]Hiya everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Well, I'll make this short and sweet because I know you guys aren't ready for it. It looks like the band is going on hiatus for awhile. Here in Detroit, our local hard rock station WRIF did an interview with Scott Stapp and the details were a bit shady BUT according to them, Stapp had said that the band is taking a break and will work on solo material (tremonti & stapp). I know that phillips is going to help tremonti on his stuff. I was so upset when I was listening to the radio the other day. I really hope that this is not true, but who knows. I'm going to go to the station's web site now to see if I can find the interview. I'll post any further details if I find any. I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news =( But like all of you are, I am completely depressed now. [/QUOTE WOW~~IVE Had time To Get Over It
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-11-2004, 09:01 PM   #10
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SisTah) WOW~~IVE Had time To Get Over It

I'm still in denial...

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 03-11-2004, 09:08 PM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman)

I'm still in denial...
[Lmao] Hahahaha!!!! ROCK ON!!!!!!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-11-2004, 09:14 PM   #12
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
I will sis... I will!

And now I'm off to bed... 3:14 AM

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 03-11-2004, 09:27 PM   #13
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) I will sis... I will!

And now I'm off to bed... 3:14 AM

Dont let The Bed bugs Bite ya Stef Good Nite
Old 03-11-2004, 11:05 PM   #14
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
what the late news!
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new