++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 07:30 PM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by caseycarson) We all know Tremonti and Co. formed Alter Bridge and they suck BIG TIME. Scott Stapps solo efforts are guaranteed to SUCK as well. It's just a matter of time before all 4 guys realize that they are one of the greatest bands of all time when they are together and that they might as well be serving up french fries at McDonald's when they are not.
Troll alert
Old 12-18-2004, 04:47 PM   #17
creeddane
USER INFO »
yeah sure they are....
with Santa Claus on rhythm guitar....
Old 12-18-2004, 07:02 PM   #18
The Lithium
USER INFO »
"Creed to me is done. I'm never spending another minute on Creed, and I never will" --Mark Tremonti

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-23-2004, 07:29 PM   #19
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
People, when will it get through your head that Creed is over? Stop this denial. Not only is it over, its freaking awesome that it is. Alter Bridge is everything that was good about Creed minus everything that was utter crap. (i.e. Mark, Brian and Scott Philips minus Scott Stapp)

Not only that, but they can't STAND each other. ANYONE can tell that from even ONE of their interviews, much less the tons that they have done.

They won't get back together, because Scott Stapp was is and always will be a loser. Not only that, but Mark has a GREAT BAND right now, one that will only get better.

Creed Reunion in 2006... there's my laugh of the day...
Old 12-23-2004, 10:56 PM   #20
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Not only that, but they can't STAND each other. ANYONE can tell that from even ONE of their interviews, much less the tons that they have done.

By the use of "THEIR" interviews, you are refering to the ones that Tremonti/AB has given...right?

The interviews, and comments given by stapp, at least in the ones i have read, have remained non judgemental towards his former bandmates...as well as him accepting his part of the blame for not being more open with them (Mark, Flip) with everything going on....as well as saying he was "leaving the door open" for further collaboration should they choose to do so. He has remained "mum" on anything else...not airing dirty laundery...

From the information the public has, it is easy to see where the animosities lie...what is so sad about it...is all of them have so much to offer...and dwelling on negativity this long (well over a year for a lot of the fans, and apparently several years for those more closely related to Creed) serves no positive end.

Quote: They won't get back together, because Scott Stapp was is and always will be a loser.

And you know this for a fact?...odds are you are doing nothing more than giving an uninformed opinion based on what you have read, heard through gossip, or chosen to create yourself...so i consider your words somewhat harsh...and suggest that before you judge others, you look in the mirror...

Quote: Not only that, but Mark has a GREAT BAND right now, one that will only get better.

I'm happy for you that you think that AB is such a great band and think they will get better...tho i do not agree, i will say, more power to 'em...and still wish them well...

but, don't you and others think you could give stapp the same respect...no one said you have to like him...but it would be nice if people would just allow him to do his "thing" without all the assumptions before having heard what he has to offer...and who knows...Creed just may decide, somewhere down the line, to reform...anything is possible.

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 12-24-2004 at 05:37 AM.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:45 PM   #21
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
I find it hard to give someone respect that acts like Stapp does.

And how can you not like Alter Bridge? Man, it is a sad world.

And anyway, of course Stapp isn't going to say there were a ton of disagreements because that would mean that three people were against HIM. But you think Brian Marshall is flat out lying when he said they came to blows? I don't.

%99 of the people in this world hate Creed, and their reason is always the same--Scott Stapp. I look past him an enjoy the music, but he is still an idiot.

Now, you can debate that, but you CAN'T debate the fact that the other three think he is a loser. They have almost flat out said so. Not only that, but their band is not only doing well but will only get bigger. AND they have already promised people that Creed is dead.

Why would one think that Creed would reunite? A reasonable person wouldn't.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:01 AM   #22
titan9
USER INFO »
99% of people dislike Creed? I don't think so. Alot of people disliked Creed, but alot of people also liked Creed(like myself) Are Alter Bridge a very good band? Of course they are! Are they better than Creed? I don't know. I'm an equal fan of AB, Stapp and Creed, so you won't see me criticizing any of them. I think hating Stapp, and hating Creed, is quite overrated. You can say that Stapp is an idiot as a musician, but I do not think you can say he is an idiot in his personal life, considering you, me, and everyone else on this board DO NOT KNOW STAPP PERSONALLY! I can only judge him as a musician, and I have judged him as that. And I like him as a musician. Just like I like Tremonti, Philips and Marshall as musicians. I don't know them personally, so I don't know how they are as people. So I can't judge'em as people.

As for Creed reuniting, at the moment, it's extremely unlikely. But never say never. Other big bands have reunited and the same could happen here. You never know.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-25-2004, 02:57 AM   #23
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) 99% of people dislike Creed? I don't think so. Alot of people disliked Creed, but alot of people also liked Creed(like myself) Are Alter Bridge a very good band? Of course they are! Are they better than Creed? I don't know. I'm an equal fan of AB, Stapp and Creed, so you won't see me criticizing any of them. I think hating Stapp, and hating Creed, is quite overrated. You can say that Stapp is an idiot as a musician, but I do not think you can say he is an idiot in his personal life, considering you, me, and everyone else on this board DO NOT KNOW STAPP PERSONALLY! I can only judge him as a musician, and I have judged him as that. And I like him as a musician. Just like I like Tremonti, Philips and Marshall as musicians. I don't know them personally, so I don't know how they are as people. So I can't judge'em as people.

As for Creed reuniting, at the moment, it's extremely unlikely. But never say never. Other big bands have reunited and the same could happen here. You never know.

I like him as a lyricist the most, and then a singer. Nothing less, nothing more.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:37 AM   #24
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Drogaan) i think they shouldnt regroup they suck

Not to be rude or anything, but what the hell is with these noobs suddenly registering and then posting that Creed and/or AB (depending on the thread) sucks? It's really starting piss me off. All they're doing is causing more negativity amongst the community members. Can we please close this useless thread?
Old 12-25-2004, 11:00 AM   #25
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) I like him as a lyricist the most, and then a singer. Nothing less, nothing more.

And that's pretty much the same way I feel.

Old 12-25-2004, 02:27 PM   #26
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Slice it whatever way you want, you can't deny how many people hated Creed, and they hated it because Stapp acted like an idiot.

You also can't deny that the three AB guys don't like him. They don't. So why would they reunite? They wouldn't.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:28 PM   #27
titan9
USER INFO »
Like I said, alot of people hated Creed, but there were alot of people who LOVED them. 99% didn't hate Creed. 99% didn't love Creed, either. I'd say it was more 50-50, if you gotta go with percents. As for Stapp acting like an idiot, that's opinion, not fact. Considering you probably don't know Stapp personally, how can you say he acted like an idiot? We don't know how he is outside of his music career. We don't know what Scott Stapp thinks or what he does outside of music. We don't know Stapp. As for Philips, Tremonti and Marshall not liking Stapp, I don't know. They have said extremely negative things about Stapp in interviews, so you might have a point there. Like I said, never say never about them reuniting. Right now, it looks incredibly unlikely but who knows how they'll feel 10-15 years from now.

Old 12-26-2004, 09:13 PM   #28
alterite
USER INFO »
I just used my magic eight ball, and it doesn't look good, so I doubt they will re-group!
Old 12-27-2004, 01:24 AM   #29
fluttergirl
USER INFO »

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 12-27-2004, 09:17 AM   #30
caseycarson
USER INFO »
Scott Stapp has some Celine Dion-qualities (striking a pose, thinking he's a princess, etc.) but that doesn't change the fact that he is an awesome songwriter and a great frontman. I think ultimately, he'll go a lot farther than AB. AB sucks really bad and let me tell you why. Some of their songs are actually quite decent (similar to Creed, actually). Miles f***s these songs up by all his eewwwws and ahhhhhhs. If miles sung Faceless Man, he'd f**k that one up too when the the music fades to just guitars mid-way. I don't think he could resist eeeewwww-ing. I think musically AB is good. Songwriting is even OK. They need ALOT of help on the vocals.
Closed Thread