++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-24-2003, 09:45 AM   #91
jgaull
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I love Creed as do most fans here, and if you're trying to prove your point or change the minds of the dedicated fans here, you're simply not going to do that. So, if you find a BB that is more suited for your level of dedication, please let the others that agree with you know what that is, and you can all go there and chat. None of us will bother you, I guarantee it.

I didn't realize that someone renamed this board to the "Creed is always perfect" board. I didn't realize that the people that go on this board will always stick up for Creed no matter what because they cannot think for themselves. I thought people went on this board to hear opinions that weren't exactly like theirs.

Maybe you should find another board where people all have the same opinion. Here's a clip of your dream board:

Participant #1: Creed is the best
Participant #2: Yes, I agree with you 100%, Creed is the best
Participant #3: Yes, I agree with both of you. Creed is the best
Participant #1: I agree with both of you that should always all agree. Creed definitely is the best
Participant #2: Yep, they're the best

I've kept an open mind about this topic but no one has come up with any valid arguments about why Creed was right in Chicago. Start disputing my arguments and come up with valid ones for yourselves.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:59 AM   #92
Marty
USER INFO »
You said "Creed" Scott was the one who was having problems, so why are people sueing everyone else for a mistake one person made? Anyone here would tell you Creed isn't perfect, but why are you sueing for one bad concert I ask. Why aren't we sueing Bill Clinton for having sex with Monica Lewskey? I mean that was bad, and it made the senate constrate on impeaching him, rather than more important issues. Why didn't we sue the makers of certain movies that were just crap? Why haven't we sued this and that? If my friends sued me for everytime I had a bad day, I'd be in debtors prison! (even there isn't such a thing anymore)

So if you "fans" (thats comedy) want to sue for $50 wasted, go for it. IMO, it'll end up like Al Gore, going back to Tennesse to repair fences.
________
_xDiamonDx_

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:00 AM   #93
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
Ditto that for me jgaull!

This was not one bad night - it was one really horrible night.

This is a test case. If they win - and I think they do have a
really good shot - it will be a warning shot to other bands to NOT get trashed
before a show. And then maybe it will make those bands think twice about their
members' addiction issues - and cause them to seek help before it affects them
adversely, as this did.

And it gets my heart - that you folks - and so many other people keep your rose
colored glasses on and don't want for all the Creed fans who feel gypped- and
there are a LOT more then you think - you don't want for them the same
wonderful show that just about everyone else go to see on that tour. I want
you to walk up to a 13 year old girl who is a Creed fan - who was devastated
she didn't get to see Scott sing his heart out like he had at every other show
that tour - and I want you to say to her "move on, get over it." You'll likely
hear from her "What?! He didn't sing for ME! How can I?" And then you can
say "He was drunk, it was a unique show" and she;ll say "I wanted to hear HIM
SING LIKE HE DID FOR THE PEOPLE IN NJ. LIKE HE DID FOR THE PEOPLE IN INDIANA.
LIKE HE DID FOR THE PEOPLE IN CA. LIKE HE DID FOR THE PEOPLE IN TEXAS. WHY
couldn't he do that for ME in Chicago?"

Sad that so many Creed fans put their loyalty to the band, over their
sensitivity to the fans who are just as loyal as you and were obviously gypped
out of a REAL Creed show that night.

You are insensitive to the thousands there who didn't get what they paid for.
That is what the issue is. They did NOT get what they paid for.

My wife is one of the biggest Creed fans I know. She is loyal to the band.
But she also sees the rational side of this. She is one of the most sensitive
people I know. Yet she told me that she thought Scott was wrong. Here is a
woman who connects with their music on the most intimate level, goes to their
concerts and is in love with every note they play, yet she somehow takes off
her rose colored glasses, and manages to see the situation rationally. She
doesn't make excuses for Scott "Oh he was in pain" and she doesn't disallow the
feelings of others by saying "Move on"

Don't do that. Take off the rose colored glasses. The band did something
wrong, and the only way those people felt they could get them to make it right
was through a lawsuit. The band DID SOMETHING WRONG, and they need to
apologize and make good on it.

Before you question mine and my wife's devotion to the band I have this to say:

For you to say that
someone who buys every album, goes to their concerts, supports the
Creed Pit by buying raffle tickets, contributes to the WAWO
foundation, and goes above and beyond as a Creed fan, as my wife
does (and I do). To tell that person - like us - that they are not
a true Creed fan because they think the lawsuit is ok - is
ludicrous. And to further resort to name calling (aka roaches, etc...) - come on guys - you're Creed fans - you're BETTER than that!

I want you to get on the phone to my wife and tell her
she's not a true Creed fan, because she'll tell you otherwise,
that's for darn sure. I've never seen a woman more devoted to a
band in her life. A true Creeder would be able to see the guys for
the real people they are, and maturely and rationally address the
situation. They wouldn't offer blind loyalty to the band.

They wouldn't immaturely say "Hey man, F you! Get over it" to the
other Creed fans in Chicago who got gypped. They'd take them by the
hand, and say "I am so sorry you didn't get what you deserved to
get, like I did in Philly, like Jane got in San Diego, etc... I
wish the band would do something to make it up to you."

Because if you're a true Creed fan - you'd be able to write to the
band and say "I know you guys can put on an amazing show, I saw you
put on an amazing show - can you PLEASE do this for CHicago - do a
make up show for them? They didn't get to see you like I did - in
your prime! Let them see the band really shine. It will stop the lawsuit, and you guys will look so much better. "

--*Rob
Old 04-24-2003, 10:30 AM   #94
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by crest tattoo
Thanks!  I like to rock...especially to Creed.  They've given me so much inspiration in my life that I am so over Chicago.  I still need them. That's my main point here. I still need to hear them and see them again.  I'm ready for some positive news.  Until then, I'm praying for the band.  That's all I can do, so I will.

I feel the same way, Joy. And all of them are in my prayers too.

Relearn Love
Old 04-24-2003, 11:16 AM   #95
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ok Rob, here is our point, and I do think I speak for many of us 'rose-colored glasses-wearing' Creedfeed fans here. You said your wife is a regular poster at the Pit. Why are you here then? Why did you just start posting here when bad stuff started going down? I don't think anyone here is doubting that the show was bad. I KNOW that no one is doubting that you deserved better. But what I AM doubting is the loyalty of most (ok, not all) of the new people who joined Creedfeed back in January, dumped a crapload of anger on to this most positive bb and left. Now they are back, only to wallow in their misery and try to bring the rest of us down. It is the "cockroaches" who make it bad for the rest. If your wife posts at Creed Pit, why aren't YOU posting there as well? Why did you choose to also come to Creedfeed to spread your unhappiness. I am sorry if you're pissed off, there isn't ANYTHING any of us can do to get you over this. But it just really angers the majority of us that you guys were NEVER here (on Creedfeed) when things were going WELL for the band. But the second some bad stuff goes down, all these newbies jump on to spread the hate. I am NOT speaking for any other message boards, just Creedfeed. And in another week all the "cockroaches" whose only point was to come here and make everyone else angry will be gone. If you choose to stay and post in other forums and other threads that have nothing whatsoever to do with the lawsuit or Chicago, then we welcome you. But if you've just come to spread anger, then you are NOT welcomed. And again, this is NOT directed at you personally Rob, but to all the newbies whose only purpose is to spread hate and discontent.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-24-2003, 11:30 AM   #96
jgaull
USER INFO »
I've actually read the posts on this board for a long time now but only joined recently. Believe me, I was browsing the board just about everyday when Creed was on tour and when Weathered came out. Now that they don't really have anything big going on (no new CD yet, no tour, etc.), I haven't been checking it as often. That doesn't make me a cockroach.

It's funny how you guys complain about people who are on this board to talk about the Chicago concert but you keep coming back to this thread. If you don't think anyone should talk about the Chicago concert anymore, why are you looking at this thread?
Old 04-24-2003, 11:35 AM   #97
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
I do post over at the Pit by the way.

I felt that the other side was NOT being heard, and felt compelled to speak out so that it would be heard.

As for sticking around, I will.

As for other negativity spreaders - well I liken this reaction to what happens with any bad thing with a product. (This is a law of marketing by the way).

When someone has a good thing happen with a product (aka a Creed show) they tell 5 people. All's good, things went as planned.

When someone has a BAD thing happen with a product or service or sees a bad thing happen, or learns about a bad thing happening - they will have much stronger feelings. They've been wronged, or other people have been wronged. The stronger feelings will cause them to tell 50 people.

It's human nature. It's psychology of the human mind. That's why you're seeing all these folks who you think are spreading negativity.

Some are pretty negative, but others (like me) aren't really negative, we want something POSITIVE to come out of this unfortunate event. As I said - as people on the board are Creed fans - I would hope they could actually take those other Creed fans and say "Yeah, it sucks, maybe I can HELP the situation. Not just by supporting the band, but by supporting the fans who didn't get the show they should have - those guys deserve a great show the way I got one when I saw them in X city."

And it makes me sad when I see people here resorting to name calling. Because that's not what this is about. And I don't think Scott or any other member of the band would say "Get over it" to a fan, and I don't think they'd say "You're a cockroach" to a fan who felt they were wronged. They'd probably apologize - and I would hope give them something in return.

--*Rob
Old 04-24-2003, 11:39 AM   #98
JenRN
USER INFO »
Teri, you are awesome!! you prove again why you are the CreedFeed QUEEN!

Rob.... You have it all pegged wrong, we here know that he was in the wrong, but the difference here is we "got over it" For cripes sake life is not a bowl of fu**ing cherries all the freakin time! If I sued someone over things I felt I was wronged over hell, I would be a millionare by now, but you know what, I am above that and I am EMPATHETIC to people who are going through issues. You know at one of the concerts I went to Scott ripped his pants right in front of me, so he never came out to the catwalk again until the end of the show. Was I dissapointed um yeah, did I want to see him closer seeing I waited in line for 8 freakin hours , UM YEAH but you know what I got over it! At other shows (not Creed) I was short changed BIGTIME due to tantrums of the lead singers, accidents on stage etc... and you know what I made the best of it instead of whollowing in my "self pity" you all seem to just loathe after! Teri is right go to the PIT for cripes sake, we here at Creedfeed are more supportive of th e band, so don't come here to knock us and poke fun at us. It is not going to work! Go ahead and sue til your little hearts content, it is just going to get us "fans" more riled up and supportive of the band, so your plan and the others here guess what,IT IS BACKFIRING!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-24-2003, 11:47 AM   #99
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by robaustin1701
I do post over at the Pit by the way.

I felt that the other side was NOT being heard, and felt compelled to speak out so that it would be heard.

What makes you think you will be more well-received over here? It has been said time and time again that we are a MUCH MORE positive bb than the Pit. Yes, perhaps you see us as wearing rose colored glasses and we like being positive. So if you're thinking that since you're not being heard at the pit you come to post here, don't think that you will be any better received at Creedfeed. We don't think that they are perfect. Nobody's perfect. We're not idiots. But we have regular members here who saw the Chicago show and to be quite honest with you, if they aren't upset anymore, neither are we. They got over it and have moved on and that's good enough for us.

Old 04-24-2003, 11:53 AM   #100
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
>>>I am above that and I am EMPATHETIC to people who are going through issues.<<<

Definition of Empathy (from Merriam-Webster Dictionary online):

the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner;

Now - if you were empathetic with the fans who were wronged, you would:

- Understand them
- be aware of
- experience the feelings, thoughts of them

Instead I hear you spouting off defensively:

>>>For cripes sake life is not a bowl of fu**ing cherries all the freakin time!<<<

Instead of taking that fan - as I said before - and saying "I feel what you feel, what they did was wrong, and you have every right to be angry, or upset, or whatever you feel."

>>>At other shows (not Creed) I was short changed BIGTIME due to tantrums of the lead singers, accidents on stage etc... and you know what I made the best of it instead of whollowing in my "self pity" you all seem to just loathe after! <<<

Hey - if you were short changed at other shows, so be it - tell those performers too.

There's no self-pity here. I'm not saying "Oh pooor me, I saw a lousy Creed show."

I'm saying "These people have a point, and a good one. And just because I'm a fan, doesn't mean I can't support them."

And guess what? One day you're going to be in a situation where you are being wronged - and someone is going to tell you to "get over it" - and you'll say "wait a second - I can't - this is wrong."

If I go to a store I love to shop at - say- The Gap. I buy Gap clothes almost exclusively. I have a GAP poster in my room, I love GAP. I buy a pair of jeans. I get them home and they have a huge hole in them. Do I just sit there and go "oh well, guess I just have to get over it"? No - I take those jeans back to the store and say "give me another pair, or give me my money back." The clerk says "You can't have your money back - these are unique jeans. Get over it." I'd say "Let me speak to your manager." The manager says "They're a unique pair of jeans, get over it." I'm gonna be pretty damn pissed right? What if I then say to someone else in the store - another shopper - "Look at this." They say "get over it" I sue the company, millions of shoppers on the GAP message board say "Get over it" Who's right? The "get over it" people - or the person who didn't get their money's worth because they got a pair of jeans with a huge hole?

And yes - the analogy applies. Why? Because as much as you have an emotional connection to Creed, they are a BUSINESS ENTITY and they had an obligation that night to provide a service which they did not provide. Their service was severely DEFECTIVE that night just like those jeans are.

Come on now!

--*Rob
Old 04-24-2003, 12:00 PM   #101
JenRN
USER INFO »
Who said I was empathetic to the fans at Chicago :P Just realize we are not all going to agree here Rob, that is life My point is that a bad concert is hardly a reason to sue, it is not even comparable to your "jeans" analogy So would you sue the Gap, if you tried to return your jeans and they would not let you, I THINK NOT! There are times to get a lawsuit involved and there are times to not, I PERSONALLY think this is ridiculous, that is MY opinion, sorry if you feel different! Opinions are like assholes, EVERYONE has one!:lol:

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-24-2003, 12:07 PM   #102
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Yes, perhaps you see us as wearing rose colored glasses and we like being positive. So if you're thinking that since you're not being heard at the pit you come to post here, don't think that you will be any better received at Creedfeed. We don't think that they are perfect. Nobody's perfect. We're not idiots. But we have regular members here who saw the Chicago show and to be quite honest with you, if they aren't upset anymore, neither are we. They got over it and have moved on and that's good enough for us.

Heh - well, let me say that initially, I was NOT well received at the PIT either, but then more and more people came out of the woodwork and said "wait, he's got a point." I'm not here because I wasn't heard over there, and actually I was heard quite well.

As for being positive - I don't think I'm being negative at all. I think I'm telling it like it is. If you don't like that opinion, you can disagree with me. It doesn't change the truth, or the facts. And if this board is for talking about Creed in only the "rose colored" fashion, then so be it.

And if you valued Creed, and their reputation in the music BUSINESS - you'd be more than happy to tell them that you want those Chicago fans to get to see the same awesome concert you saw in your city. I think that would be the most positive thingyou could do. You want to support the band and stop the lawsuit? Help the band make it right.

--*Rob
Old 04-24-2003, 12:12 PM   #103
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
<b>Who said I was empathetic to the fans at Chicago :P &nbsp; Just realize we are not all going to agree here Rob, that is life &nbsp; My point is that a bad concert is hardly a reason to sue, it is not even comparable to your "jeans" analogy So would you sue the Gap, if you tried to return your jeans and they would not let you, I THINK NOT! &nbsp;There are times to get a lawsuit involved and there are times to not, I PERSONALLY think this is ridiculous, that is MY opinion, sorry if you feel different! &nbsp;Opinions are like assholes, EVERYONE has one!:lol: </b>

Uh- you did: "I am EMPATHETIC to people who are going through issues."

Or did you not mean that the Chicago fans suing are the people you are empathetic to? GuessI was wrong. I thought those were the people - along with the others on this board complaining - were the people "going through issues"
Old 04-24-2003, 12:13 PM   #104
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by robaustin1701
<b>Heh - well, let me say that initially, I was NOT well received at the PIT either, but then more and more people came out of the woodwork and said "wait, he's got a point." &nbsp;I'm not here because I wasn't heard over there, and actually I was heard quite well.

You want to support the band and stop the lawsuit? &nbsp;Help the band make it right.

--*Rob </b>
If you were actually being heard quite well, why bring the misery here? If the PIT people were hearing you loud and clear, why not just hang out there?

And as for helping the band make it right, it's been 4 months. They are moving on. Flip's wife is expecting a baby soon, Mark is settling into married life and Scott is writing and trying to get his life together. You expect them to call all the crew back together for one more show just so that a handful of fans won't be pissed off anymore? Most of those crew members have also moved on to other tours, other jobs. Sew a patch over your ripped jeans and go back to the PIT where you are better received.

Old 04-24-2003, 12:20 PM   #105
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by jgaull
I've actually read the posts on this board for a long time now but only joined recently. &nbsp; Believe me, I was browsing the board just about everyday when Creed was on tour and when Weathered came out. &nbsp;Now that they don't really have anything big going on (no new CD yet, no tour, etc.), I haven't been checking it as often. &nbsp;That doesn't make me a cockroach.

It's funny how you guys complain about people who are on this board to talk about the Chicago concert but you keep coming back to this thread. &nbsp;If you don't think anyone should talk about the Chicago concert anymore, why are you looking at this thread?

dude, reasonable fans support their favorite band. Reasonable fans donīt sue them...