++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-02-2005, 03:07 PM   #31
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yeah, definitely. I mean, there's always going to be a member or two who is the exception to the rule, but the admin/mods here do a good job of getting rid of the distructive members.

You're referring to Abb.net's board, right? I think I registered there, but I've never really taken the time to read it and decide if I'd feel comfortable there. I am registered at PBF, but I don't post, I just read. So far, I haven't felt comfortable enough there to post.

eh, well, I'm sure all the good information makes it over here...Steve's really cool about that...but, yeah, we go to pains to make it civil over there, which is why this place is pretty darn cool, too...
Old 12-03-2005, 10:28 AM   #32
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
it is official....19 on the chart....

alterbridge was #1 if I remember correctly...
Old 12-03-2005, 11:07 AM   #33
titan9
USER INFO »
Nope, they were #5 when they debuted. They sold roughly 1,000 more copies of their debut than Stapp did. Not too much of a difference, so I'd say they're on an equal level(as far as success is concerned) right now.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-03-2005, 11:27 AM   #34
Trimontana
USER INFO »
I cant say they are on the same level right now. Anyway debuted at #5 and debuted at #19 isnt the same...huge difference even the number, 1000 copies more, is not that big. No comparison saying the are at the same level when AB album is more than a year old and Stapp's album is just released...AB have done a worldwide tour for all this time, and just let's see if Stapp will do it (i dont care what his intentions are....i wanna actions)
Old 12-03-2005, 11:30 AM   #35
titan9
USER INFO »
I'm talking in terms of sales they're equal(that's what I meant). And I don't pay attention to the ranking, because the actual sales matters more. Stapp faced some tough competition this week(S.O.A.D., Madonna etc.) yet still managed to sell 94,000 copies. That's not bad, all things considered.

Old 12-04-2005, 01:13 PM   #36
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) I cant say they are on the same level right now. Anyway debuted at #5 and debuted at #19 isnt the same...huge difference
Yeah! There's 12 albums in between the #19th and the #5th!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-04-2005, 01:28 PM   #37
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I'm talking in terms of sales they're equal(that's what I meant). And I don't pay attention to the ranking, because the actual sales matters more. Stapp faced some tough competition this week(S.O.A.D., Madonna etc.) yet still managed to sell 94,000 copies. That's not bad, all things considered.

Sales is not as good of an indicator as chart #. Think about it. Any amount of sales MIGHT be good or bad, but depending on which time you release it, it could be a good time or a bad time. Stapp released his album at a much more seller friendly time (right before the Holidays) and yet managed to still only sell the same amount as AB who released their album at the END of the summer which is not exactly a wonderful time at all. So I would say the #19 versus #5 is much better. Of course there is also something to be said for more albums debuting at the same time and whatnot but let's face it, we track things by their ranking according to others in their time--we do it with everything, such as sports, sales, etc. etc. Stapp came out in 19th, AB in 5th.

But seriously, neither of those is anything to be impressed with... at all. I was dissapointed by AB's showing (but not surprised, because of... GRRRR, Open Your Eyes), and totally not surprised by Stapp's dissapointing but predictable pitiful opening. I tried to tell you guys his fanbase had mostly deserted him. Whether he can win it back is another thing, but clearly they left.

Anyway I don't know why I just totally rambled for five minutes... oh well.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:31 PM   #38
Robin101
USER INFO »
AB vs SS.......ZZZZZZZ!!!

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 12-05-2005, 10:18 AM   #39
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
I looked up top albums on VH1 two days ago, and SS was at #9 now. What does that mean?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #40
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
91,000 is still quite a fan base
Old 12-05-2005, 12:28 PM   #41
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) 91,000 is still quite a fan base

Agreed. And you gotta figure that out of those millions who bought MOP, HC and Weathered, most weren't exactly loyal fans. A lot of them were casual fans, not die hards. A lot of them probably also tired of Creed after hearing them on the radio so much, after hearing of Stapp's issues and some probably stopped being fans because it became cool to hate the band.

94,000 is a far cry from 800,000(roughly what Weathered did in it's first week) but all things considered, that's a good number. Neither AB nor Stapp should be ashamed of selling just under 100,000 records in their first week.

Old 12-06-2005, 09:12 AM   #42
Robin101
USER INFO »
Anyone care to estimate what they think TGD will sell in total between now and this time next year, judging by the opening weeks figures and previous albums which have sold roughly the same.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 12-06-2005, 09:22 AM   #43
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) Anyone care to estimate what they think TGD will sell in total between now and this time next year, judging by the opening weeks figures and previous albums which have sold roughly the same.

400,000?

And come on guys (especially Titan)... If you tell me this is what you were predicting all I have to do is go find your prediction and paste it. This is less than you thought and you know it.

After selling 30 million albums in however many years (as everyone LOVES beating me over the head with) selling 90,000 means you lost a LOT of fans. AB lost them through a combination of OYE and "Who are they?". Stapp lost them because... He's Stapp.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:23 AM   #44
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) Anyone care to estimate what they think TGD will sell in total between now and this time next year, judging by the opening weeks figures and previous albums which have sold roughly the same.

I'd say it'll go Gold, particularly if the next single(perhaps Surround Me) gets good airplay. TGD hasn't taken off as a single, but I think SM has that ability to be a big hit.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) And come on guys (especially Titan)... If you tell me this is what you were predicting all I have to do is go find your prediction and paste it. This is less than you thought and you know it.

Yes, I predicted sales of 200,000-400,000 in the first week. Looking back, I did so because I honestly assumed a few things: (1) That a good deal of Creed/Stapp fans remained (2) That TGD would get good airplay on the radio and (3) That the album would receive more publicity(from the media) than what it did. Obviously, I was wrong on all three accounts, which meant that my projection was off by at least 100,000.

Besides that, I assumed that radio stations would be open to playing TGD, which they obviously aren't because of the past. An example of this: yesterday, I did an online request for both TGD and AB's FTR, under different names at roughly the same time(I actually requested TGD first!). Guess which one got played? You guessed it, FTR. I'm going to do another experiment today, this time requesting My Own Prison and TGD. We'll see which one gets played. My bet is on MOP.

Still, considering how hated Creed became, considering the dumb stuff Stapp has done, 94,000 isn't too bad. It's not a huge number, but it's not a pitiful number either. Pitiful, to me, is under 50,000.

Last edited by titan9 : 12-06-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:35 AM   #45
Robin101
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I'd say it'll go Gold, particularly if the next single(perhaps Surround Me) gets good airplay. TGD hasn't taken off as a single, but I think SM has that ability to be a big hit.

If Stapp releases SM as his next single I don't think his album sales will rise dramatically. Don't get me wrong, I love the song. It's just too similar to TGD.

I would take a chance and go with Fight Song or Justify.

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
~ The Trapeze Swinger