++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-10-2006, 05:03 AM   #16
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Italian judge demands proof of Jesus' existence

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) Ok. That's nice, but doesn't disprove that Jesus existed.
I'm no scholar, but all the "there's no proof" lines you guys are so fond of
seem to not make much sense. In my logic, if I wanted to, say, set out to disprove the idea that Aristotle ever existed, I would need to first form a conspiracy theory, and then debunk refrences to Aristotle and his teachings.
But just saying "Aristotle never lived" without presenting a case (other than "lack of subjective evidence") would be foolhardy. I, personaly have seen no such convincing case against Jesus' existance, but then, I've never looked very hard. I've just sat here and put up with "there's no proof. there's no proof"

I am absolutely no expert on this topic, what I know I mostly read on other forums from guys, who put immensely more time into the subject, and the ruling opinion still is that there was/were some sort of man or several men upon whom the person of Jesus in the bible was based, but even most scholars who still adher to that viewpoint mostly do not believe in a person that was exactly like the one described in the bible.

It's a bit like the Robin Hood-character, who also has some people in the old UK upon whose actions the literary character was based. The story was embellished over the years, this is also the reason why the latest gospel (John) is the one with most embelishments and the one which historians distrust the most.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl