++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-13-2004, 07:38 PM   #16
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: did anyone bring up in conversation wanting to hear the positive things said about stapp that MTV cut out?...hmmm...i wonder

ooh....good question! But somehow...I highly doubt it
Old 06-13-2004, 09:49 PM   #17
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Ann - Great post!

You're right... not praising Mark usually gets you in an arguement with someone or just ignored entirely. When I read the MTV interview and then read people praising Mark for it, I couldn't believe it. Did they read the same article that I did? I mean ... I realize everyone is entitled to their own opinion ... but it seems to me that the seasaw sure is a bit heavier on one side.

Last edited by creedlvr : 06-13-2004 at 09:50 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-15-2004, 08:41 AM   #18
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Someone asked before me, but what question and answer specifically are we talking about? I'm on vacation in another state and can't figure the channels out here. Help someone?
Old 06-15-2004, 10:40 AM   #19
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by crest tattoo) Someone asked before me, but what question and answer specifically are we talking about? I'm on vacation in another state and can't figure the channels out here. Help someone?
For me it wasn't any particular question ... it was the whole general tone of the interview and all the blame being directed in one place that bothered me.

I believe the "question" that is being referred to was regarding the Chicago concert and what Scott's problem was. Mark basically said he didn't know because he and Scott hadn't been close for a while so he didn't know what he had been doing. He also mentioned that Scott has had other priorities and made it a point to say that Scott had been "doing things that they didn't approve of." To me that was his way of making a point that he probably couldn't blatently come right out with. However, the point was made.

Then Michael stirred up more attention to it (without being asked) by saying what a wonderful job Mark did of trying to answer a difficult question - a question that made him uptight because of the lawyers watching. (Those were not his exact words ... but that was the gist of it.) All the hype of "the question" started with this statement. Personally, I found it unnecessary to bring further attention to it.

This is all based on the facts "to the best of my recollection" (with the exception of my personal comments above, of course). Hope that helps.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:54 PM   #20
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Thank you for clearing it up. I remember that question. What I didn't understand, was that they said they wanted to clear up what had happened because they didn't know what he was doing, making it seem as if Scott was off doing his own thing all the time. But then he turned around and said it was "things he didn't approve of." I believe they knew exactly what he was doing. For heaven's sake, they were with each other constantly!

I didn't care for the tone that came off as to what Mark's perception was of the whole situation. I am very interested in knowing what it is Mark said about Scott that was positive. Since we fans have known of the breakup, months ago, Scott has not said ONE bad word about anyone else in the band. I know he wasn't innocent. (I was in Chicago) But usually when one party is guilty 100%, he or she defends him or herself to the bitter end, rather than saying positive things over and over, which is all I've heard Stapp do. I think he's taken the high road. And then again, in Mark's defense, I can see where he was disgusted.

Just hope Scott isn't having a meltdown and follows through on this album thing. Wish he'd follow through on something, for his own sake.