++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-22-2005, 07:33 AM   #31
SandMan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
"Now, all that was negative in my life has been removed... in EVERY AREA!"

"Beautiful is empty, Beautiful is free...how did the rest go?..Beautiful is me?.."

God bless your work and your fans, Scott.

I am proud of you, for never giving up.

Love,
Old 04-23-2005, 08:20 PM   #32
GregS
USER INFO »
Wooohoo.. Now thats what i want to hear... His album is FINALLY coming out..
Old 04-24-2005, 12:23 AM   #33
Johnnynips
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) You gotta wonder tho, is this album going to have a song on it that kinda, in an extremely metaphoric way, bash the ex-creed members, or talk about the experience. Im just curious by saying this, im not hunting a fight, but you have to wonder. Watch Your Words by Alter Bridge kinda seemed that way, but im not sure if that was the underlying message in the song.
Did anyone else notice that all the bashing has been done on the part of alter creed...lol, I think Stapp is taking the turn the other cheek approach to show the guys he made a mistake...Hopefully after the solo's Mark Scott and Brian will realize that creed wasn't about trying to be this ultra heavy band...which they are not with myles"I'm too 80's" Kennedy at the helm. It was about the fans and right now their sticking it up our but with this crap singer...God, you think that Stapp and Tremonti being childhood friends could get together and pull their sh@# together and say I'm Sorry...Alter bridge is a great way to feel a little better about the absence of creed, but as a diehard fan it angers me every day that they aren't together anymore. They were on track to being one of the best bands ever, now their working their way into obscurity with some poser who thinks he is a rockstar...Tremonti phillips still rule but this has got to end.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:39 AM   #34
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Three words: Get over it....

Musical taste is subjective, but the fact is, technically, Myles is a better singer. He's not 80s, as you call it. He has a Chris Cornell kind of rage, which was late 80s to mid-90s during the Soundgarden heyday. It's fine if you don't care for Myles' style, but to say he's a poser is just lame.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:34 AM   #35
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
dude... I'll only say I disagree with you. There are pages and pages and pages on why on this forum if you wanna know the reasons.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:59 AM   #36
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Dude, first off, dont quote me in the same post if you are gonna say that myles kennedy is a bad singer. Sencond, you are a retard, and i honestly hope you hear better than what you are describing, saying myles is a bad singer. I can see you being the poster child for "Look both ways before you cross the street" if ur hearing is that bad. Creed is over, Alter Bridge is the shit, get over it or you will lead a very lonely life or something (dont really know what else to say, im pretty drunk) I think i made some kind of point tho.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-24-2005, 02:56 PM   #37
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Johnnynips) Did anyone else notice that all the bashing has been done on the part of alter creed...lol, I think Stapp is taking the turn the other cheek approach to show the guys he made a mistake.

For the past year and a half, Scott has taken the 'hiding under a rock' approach. Call it bashing, call it answering redundant questions, call it what you want, but Alter BRIDGE was just telling it like they saw it. Scott never had anything to say in reply.
**Wow, I just had to edit this because I didn't pay close enough attention to that first quote. TO SHOW THE GUYS HE MADE A MISTAKE????? WTF???
You don't turn the other cheek when you make a mistake. You own up to it and apologize. Wow. *shaking my head in disbelief.

Quote: ...Hopefully after the solo's Mark Scott and Brian will realize that creed wasn't about trying to be this ultra heavy band...which they are not with myles"I'm too 80's" Kennedy at the helm. It was about the fans and right now their sticking it up our but with this crap singer....
Again, that's your opinion. Don't really agree with it, many here think he's NOT a crap singer, but hey, you've got an opinion and your entitled to it.

Quote: God, you think that Stapp and Tremonti being childhood friends could get together and pull their sh@# together and say I'm Sorry.
If you got your history right, you'd know that Stapp and Tremonti were NOT childhood friends. They went to the same high school together but did not travel in the same social circles. Big difference. To quote Elton John, SORRY seems to be the hardest word.

Quote: Alter bridge is a great way to feel a little better about the absence of creed, but as a diehard fan it angers me every day that they aren't together anymore. They were on track to being one of the best bands ever, now their working their way into obscurity with some poser who thinks he is a rockstar...Tremonti phillips still rule but this has got to end.
To quote some even MORE famous people, right here on this board, Get Over It. Sorry you're angry, but you'll get glad again. We've all had plenty of time to digest it, accept it and move on, as have both Mark, Flip, Brian and Scott. You should try it, it's a much better feeling, rather than keeping that anger inside. If you don't like Alter Bridge and their 'poser' of a lead singer, don't listen to them. But don't come here and bash them because your panties are in an angry bunch.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-24-2005, 07:23 PM   #38
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Johnnynips) Did anyone else notice that all the bashing has been done on the part of alter creed...lol, I think Stapp is taking the turn the other cheek approach to show the guys he made a mistake...Hopefully after the solo's Mark Scott and Brian will realize that creed wasn't about trying to be this ultra heavy band...which they are not with myles"I'm too 80's" Kennedy at the helm. It was about the fans and right now their sticking it up our but with this crap singer...God, you think that Stapp and Tremonti being childhood friends could get together and pull their sh@# together and say I'm Sorry...Alter bridge is a great way to feel a little better about the absence of creed, but as a diehard fan it angers me every day that they aren't together anymore. They were on track to being one of the best bands ever, now their working their way into obscurity with some poser who thinks he is a rockstar...Tremonti phillips still rule but this has got to end.

Wow. Just wow.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:23 PM   #39
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, really. What a moron.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:24 PM   #40
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
no need to call him a moron... his sense of reality isn't accurate, that's it!
Old 04-24-2005, 10:20 PM   #41
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) And why he didn't post the letter on scottstapp.com? It isn't your official site?

Maybe he started his own website because his record company doesn't give a crap about maintaining the websites of any of their bands at their "Official" websites. Makes sense to me.

And to the person who claimed he signed "Scott Stapp Creed 05"...it actually said "Scott Stapp Creed"
"Solo in 05"
Old 04-25-2005, 04:59 AM   #42
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
I think the letter is fake. Stapp wouldnt sign "Creed" under his name still, hes not that damn stupid.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-25-2005, 01:29 PM   #43
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) no need to call him a moron... his sense of reality isn't accurate, that's it!

Isn't that, sorta... ya know, the DEFINITION of a moron? lol
Old 04-25-2005, 03:26 PM   #44
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: Sencond, you are a retard, and i honestly hope you hear better than what you are describing, saying myles is a bad singer.

soo...someone is a "retard" (your words) because they don't like Myles Kennedy as a singer?

A bit defensive aren't ya? and you're how old? who calls people retards these days? isn't calling someone a retard a bit politically incorrect anyway? I mean...how do you know that someone here doesn't have a mentally handicapped child? It seemed to me some of ya got yer undies in a bunch because someone else made a comment about Myles that wasn't the usual, he rocks so hard comment LOL. Don't much care for it do ya? LOL

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:17 PM   #45
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by OneOmerta) soo...someone is a "retard" (your words) because they don't like Myles Kennedy as a singer?

A bit defensive aren't ya? and you're how old? who calls people retards these days? isn't calling someone a retard a bit politically incorrect anyway? I mean...how do you know that someone here doesn't have a mentally handicapped child? It seemed to me some of ya got yer undies in a bunch because someone else made a comment about Myles that wasn't the usual, he rocks so hard comment LOL. Don't much care for it do ya? LOL

There is a difference between saying "he is not my type of singer" and saying "he sucks".

He doesn't suck. That's just a FACT by all known standards of musicianship.