++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-08-2004, 07:35 AM   #31
SandMan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I like Linkin Park too, it's a great combination of sounds.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:05 PM   #32
johellion
USER INFO »
I am sure Stapp isn't going to be rapping.. These rap/ R &B singers, maybe trying something new themselves. Everyone may be totally surprized...I may very well be some good stuff!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 01:27 PM   #33
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Let me clear something up here. Scott has said himself he will not be rapping. He said he is a rock singer. So let's not jump to conclusions just because he is not working with your typical "rock people".

He also said Creed wouldn't break up during the same interview...

(sorry, couldn't resist!)
Old 07-08-2004, 01:55 PM   #34
musiclover291
USER INFO »
I must add I do remeber back right after the Weather tour ended him and Kiki were intereviewed at a Golden Globe award party and he said that he wanted to take a year off travel spend time with his family and he was interested in acting and trying different kinds of music and he talked about hip hop and the interviewer thought he was kidding and so did I and he said that he was working on some things. So I guess he was not kidding.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:21 PM   #35
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) He also said Creed wouldn't break up during the same interview...

Ever thought that at the time there had been no decision about Creed's fate, so he didn't know what the deal was? That interview was done in February.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:30 PM   #36
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Let me clear something up here. Scott has said himself he will not be rapping. He said he is a rock singer. So let's not jump to conclusions just because he is not working with your typical "rock people".

And as far as rap goes. I am soooo not a fan. But, I do like Linkin Park alot and they do their own type of "rapping" which is really cool.

Good Point......Ya know....Loretta Lynn recorded an album produced by Jack White of the White Stripes......and her style of music didn't change....talk about a strange combination. Ever thought that maybe producers enjoy working with people who do other types of music....that it gives them a break from their usual?

Stapp's music isn't gonna be rap......I'm sure it will be different....but it won't be rap.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:40 PM   #37
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Good Point......Ya know....Loretta Lynn recorded an album produced by Jack White of the White Stripes......and her style of music didn't change....talk about a strange combination. Ever thought that maybe producers enjoy working with people who do other types of music....that it gives them a break from their usual?

Stapp's music isn't gonna be rap......I'm sure it will be different....but it won't be rap.

I agree with you jooji_2, I'm sure that producers like to try different things just as much as the artists themselves do. As far as different artists working together....what could be more diverse than Kid Rock and Hank Williams Jr

Anyway...I think Stapp's cd is gonna be great, and something very different too.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:47 PM   #38
ctfan
USER INFO »
Oh, and did you know that Jack White is in Loretta's new vid? Yea, he plays the guitar. Loretta herself even said that she was surprised at how country it really sounded. So just because an artists in one genre moves into another, doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad thing .
Old 07-08-2004, 05:02 PM   #39
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Oh, and did you know that Jack White is in Loretta's new vid? Yea, he plays the guitar. Loretta herself even said that she was surprised at how country it really sounded. So just because an artists in one genre moves into another, doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad thing .
That maybe true, but if I don't particularly care for the genre, I don't know if I want to spend my money on it.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:31 PM   #40
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I agree with you jooji_2, I'm sure that producers like to try different things just as much as the artists themselves do. As far as different artists working together....what could be more diverse than Kid Rock and Hank Williams Jr

Anyway...I think Stapp's cd is gonna be great, and something very different too.

Good point I just have this feeling that his project is going to be great. I have respect for the fact he trying something new with new people.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:50 PM   #41
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) He also said Creed wouldn't break up during the same interview...

Marcos - I'm shaking my finger at you - shame on you .

Here I go again - in Scott's defense - I'm pretty sure the absolute final decision to end Creed was made AFTER that interview. That's not to say there wasn't "trouble in paradise" before then, because there was.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:35 PM   #42
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Marcos - I'm shaking my finger at you - shame on you .

Here I go again - in Scott's defense - I'm pretty sure the absolute final decision to end Creed was made AFTER that interview. That's not to say there wasn't "trouble in paradise" before then, because there was.

i think it was a bit of pr job but he wasen't necessarily lying. we do know the band tried one more time to get the album off the ground in feb but it was basically over by that point. he was showing the best possible picture but it was PR IMO.

stapp's stuff is really intriguing me, whereas i know basically what alter bridge is going to be like give or take. stapp really could go anywhere with his and it will either be great or it will be a major flop. how much of an influence has 7 Aurelius had and how much of the music has being written by the tea party if at all. what lyrical direction has he taken? is he going to have a bunch of girls in the back of a truck and have nelly in the video? these are the questions without answers.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 07-08-2004, 10:08 PM   #43
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) is he going to have a bunch of girls in the back of a truck and have nelly in the video?

I certainly hope not!

I think there is a lot of unncessary worrying here. Let's just keep an open mind and give whatever Scott has in store for us a chance. The same way most of us are going to give AB's CD a chance.

Last edited by Shadow : 07-08-2004 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:51 PM   #44
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I certainly hope not!

I think there is a lot of unncessary worrying here. Let's just keep an open mind and give whatever Scott has in store for us a chance. The same way most of us are going to give AB's CD a chance.

yeah we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

its getting hot in here and i want to take off all of my clothes....
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 07-08-2004, 11:34 PM   #45
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Origionally posted by CTfan:

Quote: Oh, and did you know that Jack White is in Loretta's new vid? Yea, he plays the guitar. Loretta herself even said that she was surprised at how country it really sounded. So just because an artists in one genre moves into another, doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad thing.

Dogstars reply:

Quote: That maybe true, but if I don't particularly care for the genre, I don't know if I want to spend my money on it.

Once again, music is a personal taste...so if you don't think you would want to spend your money on it, then that is your choice...

same as if AB continues on the way they appear to be doing..and their music/lyrics continue not to move me, i won't be spending my money on their album.