++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-19-2006, 06:29 PM   #121
bobben
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

I found the perfect song to sum this all up! You know Daniel Powter...the guy with the "Bad Day"-song....he's got a new hit out called "Jimmy gets high"! It's clear that Scott's not the only one to have these problems!
Just change the name with "Scotty" and you're there!
Jimmy you know, everybody hates you when you're living off rock 'n roll
So you get high tonight
And Jimmy you lied, I wonder if you ever get yourself back here alive
So you get high tonight

'Cause you don't need nobody to make it on your own
You dont need nobody you'd rather be alone
So Jimmy gets high tonight

It's kinda catchy!
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:00 PM   #122
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Vliegs) "And in an instant," he says, "I just turned and shot the house up.
That's fucking awesome.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #123
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I just think, this board as a whole, should at least be happy that the guy has come clean about his problem and seems to be looking for help.

That will NEVER happen here.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:19 PM   #124
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) so, if what you're saying is true, then Stapp has no problem TAKING the help, he just doesn't want to PAY for it? Is Stapp the "victim" of the band's "bullying"? If so, why would he take the help at all if he didn't want it?

In any case, I must commend you on being able to immediately place the responsibility of Stapp's drug addiction at someone ELSE'S feet after only a week or so ago arguing that there were no other drugs involved other than prednisone and alcohol...that must have taken some quick adjustment...here it is, by the way...this was your response to my question asking you if you believed that prednisone was the only drug involved:

Your pretty freaking naive if you think that Hanson wouldn't condone anything that kept Stapp stepping on stage every night. I've read the damn Rolling Stone interview. For months I've heard everyone here call him a liar. For months they said there would be no album..and if by chance one did appear it would suck. Now the guy has come clean and admitted his problems...only catch is he said some not-so-nice things about his ex-bandmates. If Tremonti had made the statement about something being said in a management meeting....no one here would disbelieve him. I think all of you are pretty naive if you think that Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips aren't capable of being just as big of an asshole as you claim Scott Stapp is. What makes them so freaking special that they aren't capable of being jerks themselves? Just cause they have been nice to you? Hell yeah they are nice to you. You bought a ticket or you bought a CD.

I'm actually glad that Stapp is away from them. It appears to have had a positive impact on his life, though I'm sure most of you freaking people wouldn't see it that way. Regardless of what any of you think, I wish the man much luck in dealing with what he's going through....its called COMPASSION.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #125
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) so, I guess that the Stapp in the video to TGD isn't the Stapp of "today", then?

Well I watched that video and they certainly look like cloth pants to me....but maybe you were there, and you were watching to make sure just what kind of pants he squeezed his ass into. I'm not into looking at what his ass is squeezed into myself.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:20 AM   #126
RMadd
USER INFO »

wowie kazowie, was that a doozy! very very veeeeeeery interesting, very informative. assuming everything in there is true & accurate (i have no reason to believe otherwise), it's an excellent insight into creed's demise, something basically every fan has been clamoring for for the past few years here. thanks a bunch vliegs!

Old 01-20-2006, 01:35 AM   #127
evyllsummer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Well I watched that video and they certainly look like cloth pants to me....but maybe you were there, and you were watching to make sure just what kind of pants he squeezed his ass into. I'm not into looking at what his ass is squeezed into myself.

um, you just said that you DID look at it...otherwise, how would you know enough of a difference between cloth (which must have been quite shiny cloth) and leather pants enough to come back and attempt the argument? Besides, YOU seemed to be QUITE aware of the sorts of pants that he's been wearing in his many recent interviews, since you made a point of claiming that he has been wearing jeans...here it is:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Actually, I have watched most of the interviews he's done, and he appears to have ditched the leather pants.

in short, you have shown to be just as interested (if not MORE) in what style of pants that your man Stapp is wearing...(the quote "the lady doth protest too much, methinks" comes to mind)...in the future, if that argument were to present itself again, you MIGHT want to say something like, "hey, man, I don't know if he's wearing leather or not", thereby indicating that, having not looked, you wouldn't know one way or the other...just a helpful tip...

Quote: Your pretty freaking naive if you think that Hanson wouldn't condone anything that kept Stapp stepping on stage every night.

well, since you're quoting ME, I'll ask you: are you NOW attempting to blame Stapp's addiction on Hanson now instead of Mark? I'm getting confused...it would be easier for all of us if you would simply stick to ONE scapegoat for Stapp's behavior (you know, OTHER than Stapp himself)...

also, you didn't really answer the question of mine that you quoted...maybe it was too vague...I'll attempt to tighten it up and make it a bit more specific:

this is what YOU said:

Quote: I wouldn't want to pay for help to get unaddicted to something that Hanson and Cameron bullied me into taking so they could make their cut of the profits.

so, here's the question, and I'll personalize it: if YOU didn't want to PAY for any help with your addiction because you felt that it wasn't your fault, then why would you TAKE the help in the first place?

And since you're throwing the "naive" remark in MY direction, I think that you need to take another look at precisely whom is truly deserving of the naive moniker since YOU were the one that couldn't see all of Stapp's behavior and conclude that he was, in fact, addicted to a LOT more than prednisone despite the fact that MANY here have suspected it for some time...in fact, as I recall, MY response (which was PRIOR to the RS article) to your "naive" remark about Stapp and his prednisone and alcohol abuse was this:

Quote: you said "yeah...right" (I'm assuming an exercise in sarcasm) when referring to Mark's supposed ignorance of Stapp's off-stage antics, meaning that you must think that Mark isn't telling the entire truth, and I think you're right about that. I think that Mark knew that Stapp was abusing drugs OTHER than "prednisone" and didn't want that to get out. So, would that have been Mark's fault as well? If so, what part of it? The drug abuse? Not putting him in rehab? (Or has he been in rehab before?)

which one of us was PROVEN right?

Last edited by evyllsummer : 01-20-2006 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:56 AM   #128
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) For months they said there would be no album..and if by chance one did appear it would suck.
I did suspect that, and it turned out I was right, at least for me . I do like Justify, though, and I'm going to hit one show of his because I'm curious as hell as to what he will sound like. So far, the radio shows and the TV appearances have done nothing to discount my contention that his voice has gone pretty downhill since the Weathered days. I did enjoy his live shows with Creed and I'm really hoping he doesn't suck.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:25 PM   #129
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I did suspect that, and it turned out I was right, at least for me . I do like Justify, though, and I'm going to hit one show of his because I'm curious as hell as to what he will sound like. So far, the radio shows and the TV appearances have done nothing to discount my contention that his voice has gone pretty downhill since the Weathered days. I did enjoy his live shows with Creed and I'm really hoping he doesn't suck.

But.....what was it that made his voice go downhill since the Weathered days. How about people asking you to sing despite nodules on your vocal cords....nobody ever seems to mention that.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:36 PM   #130
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) But.....what was it that made his voice go downhill since the Weathered days. How about people asking you to sing despite nodules on your vocal cords....nobody ever seems to mention that.

The circumstances don't matter at this point. The deterioration is what it is. I just really hope he sounds good live.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:31 PM   #131
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The circumstances don't matter at this point. The deterioration is what it is. I just really hope he sounds good live.

Well I think they do. Everybody wants to make the statement his voice is shot, but never mention WHY.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:39 PM   #132
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) um, you just said that you DID look at it...otherwise, how would you know enough of a difference between cloth (which must have been quite shiny cloth) and leather pants enough to come back and attempt the argument? Besides, YOU seemed to be QUITE aware of the sorts of pants that he's been wearing in his many recent interviews, since you made a point of claiming that he has been wearing jeans...here it is:

in short, you have shown to be just as interested (if not MORE) in what style of pants that your man Stapp is wearing...(the quote "the lady doth protest too much, methinks" comes to mind)...in the future, if that argument were to present itself again, you MIGHT want to say something like, "hey, man, I don't know if he's wearing leather or not", thereby indicating that, having not looked, you wouldn't know one way or the other...just a helpful tip...

well, since you're quoting ME, I'll ask you: are you NOW attempting to blame Stapp's addiction on Hanson now instead of Mark? I'm getting confused...it would be easier for all of us if you would simply stick to ONE scapegoat for Stapp's behavior (you know, OTHER than Stapp himself)...

also, you didn't really answer the question of mine that you quoted...maybe it was too vague...I'll attempt to tighten it up and make it a bit more specific:

this is what YOU said:

so, here's the question, and I'll personalize it: if YOU didn't want to PAY for any help with your addiction because you felt that it wasn't your fault, then why would you TAKE the help in the first place?

And since you're throwing the "naive" remark in MY direction, I think that you need to take another look at precisely whom is truly deserving of the naive moniker since YOU were the one that couldn't see all of Stapp's behavior and conclude that he was, in fact, addicted to a LOT more than prednisone despite the fact that MANY here have suspected it for some time...in fact, as I recall, MY response (which was PRIOR to the RS article) to your "naive" remark about Stapp and his prednisone and alcohol abuse was this:

which one of us was PROVEN right?

You would probably argue with a freaking rock wouldn't you? I'm not blaming Hanson and Cameron with anything, but I'm betting they would have done anything to keep from having to cancel another show. I know what the man was addicted to. Painkillers, prednisone, and medication for anxiety attacks. Are you privy to anything else? Oh....I forgot....Alcohol.

Actually, I'm not really into looking at other men's asses. I've watched the videos that are available and I haven't seen him wear leather. But since you say its leather....then lets just agree with YOU. Since apparently, you know it all.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:15 PM   #133
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Well I think they do. Everybody wants to make the statement his voice is shot, but never mention WHY.
Why is that important NOW? What's done is done. It's history now. I don't see the point in going on about what caused it. We're all well aware of that. His voice has deteriorated, and we know why, and that's that. I see no point in rehashing the circumstances.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:42 AM   #134
MissSeeker
USER INFO »

It's sad to see how little some people including Tremonti and Philips seem to care about Scott. Lets hope he finds the support he needs in his new wife.

"...in the frozen night I prayed, for a touch of warmth so long delayed...
Old 01-21-2006, 01:03 PM   #135
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Now the guy has come clean and admitted his problems...only catch is he said some not-so-nice things about his ex-bandmates. If Tremonti had made the statement about something being said in a management meeting....no one here would disbelieve him. I think all of you are pretty naive if you think that Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips aren't capable of being just as big of an asshole as you claim Scott Stapp is. What makes them so freaking special that they aren't capable of being jerks themselves? Just cause they have been nice to you? Hell yeah they are nice to you. You bought a ticket or you bought a CD.

I'm actually glad that Stapp is away from them. It appears to have had a positive impact on his life, though I'm sure most of you freaking people wouldn't see it that way. Regardless of what any of you think, I wish the man much luck in dealing with what he's going through....its called COMPASSION.

I have to agree with a majority of what you say Prophet. After reading the interview I have a lot of sympathy with him - even though the sympathy is a result of his problems caused by his own actions.

I think that the Stapp we read in this particular interview was sincere and humble (as was stated in the article). The one thing I have admired about Stapp during the turbulance of his professional life is his ability to not go out of his way to bash his ex-bandmates. He may have said some negative things about them but it has never reached the bashing level - just his opinions on what they could/couldn't have done. When I read articles involving AB it seemed the majority of the interviews were based around 'Stapp stories'.

It does seem like a majority of people believe whatever Tremo and Flip say and I do find that pretty naive - there's definitely more to the split than what we've heard.
I do hope that Stapp continues with his personal progression - something seems to have snapped inside him. Also, I hope that it can have a positive effect on his work - so he can build on a solid debut album.

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger