++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 05-05-2006, 12:08 PM   #1186
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) May 4th

"Shine on you crazy diamonds!"

People spend thousands of dollars to last longer; exercise, cosmetics, plastic surgery, self-help advice, nutrition plans. We like life, and we want it to last, not just in some ethereal, nondescript expectation of a life hereafter, but in a real, fulfilling, purposeful eternity. We don't just want "forever." We want to know we will enjoy it.

Daniel is told what makes or breaks eternity in the resurrection: righteousness. Loving it, drinking it in, leading others to it, investing in it. Righteousness is the key. The quality of our righteousness on earth has everything to do with the quality of our eternity. Righteousness is a gift from a holy heaven to an infected race. It comes from outside ourselves, available only through faith in its Giver. Those who are wise will tell others about this gift. Those who want to shine will know the Source of the light and will be completely preoccupied with Him.

Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like stars forever.

Daniel 12:3 NLT

Eternity to the godly is a day that has no sunset.

Thomas Watson

Heaven

I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 05-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #1187
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Amen!!!!!!

Has thou entered into the springs of the sea or hast thou walked in the search of the depth have the gates of death been opend unto thee or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death hast thou perceived the breadeth of the earth declare if thou knows all where is the way where light dwelleth and for darkness where is the place therof that thou shouldest take it to the bound therof and thou should know its path to the house therof knowest thou it because thou wast then born or because the number of thy days is great hast thou entred into the treasures of the snow or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail which i have reserverd Against THE TIME Of Trouble Against THE DAY OF BATTLE AND WAR, AMEN AND AMEN, By what way is the light parted which scatters the east wind upon the earth, Job 38.16.24 we keep coming back untill we get it right and move many mountains Remember we only started our faith with the seed of mustard jesus said i,am the truth the way and the life,
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 05-06-2006, 06:05 AM   #1188
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 6th

"Fill in the blank."

To confess is to do two things with our sin: 1) to recognize sin for what it is in God's eyes and 2) to get rid of our secrets and be honest with another Christian.

James' language is powerful. He mentions that this confession doesn't just bring forgiveness. It also brings healing.

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

James 5:16

Holy Father, I have sinned. I now confess my own personal sin of ____________. I ask for your forgiveness and for your Spirit to strengthen me in overcoming temptation. I want to live for you and not let my sin, any sin, entangle me and draw me away from you. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Heaven

Old 05-07-2006, 07:55 AM   #1189
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 7th

"Where does your heart live?"

That's what these verses are all about. Is there a constant awareness in your life that God is present? Is he the unseen but always present companion in all your ups and downs? Or is God here when it is convenient and gone when things are busy? Joy comes from knowing we are never alone. Prayer is the ongoing conversation we have, Spirit to Spirit, with God. Thanksgiving is the great reminder that we have been blessed no matter what the circumstances may suggest.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

God is wireless. God is everywhere. And God sees everything.

Thomas Friedman

Heaven

Old 05-08-2006, 06:20 AM   #1190
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 8th

"Trust."

Trust is a tricky thing. It is difficult to put our trust in others, because we can't be sure whether they will value it or not. That fear should not apply when it comes to putting our trust in God. He will guard it even better than we do ourselves. No one can hurt us, once we put our trust in God. He will follow us to the ends of the earth to make sure we know of His great love.

In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

Psalm 56:11

Love all, trust a few.

William Shakespeare

Heaven

Old 05-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #1191
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Amen And Amen,

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) May 8th

"Trust."

Trust is a tricky thing. It is difficult to put our trust in others, because we can't be sure whether they will value it or not. That fear should not apply when it comes to putting our trust in God. He will guard it even better than we do ourselves. No one can hurt us, once we put our trust in God. He will follow us to the ends of the earth to make sure we know of His great love.

In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

Psalm 56:11

Love all, trust a few.

William Shakespeare

Heaven

PRAISE THE LORD !!! BE MERCIFUL UNTO ME OH GOD FOR MAN WOULD SWALLOW ME UP HE FIGHTING DAILY OPPRESSETH ME , FOR THOU HAST DELIVERED MY SOUL FROM DEATH WILT NOT THOU DELIVER MY FEET FROM FALLING THAT I MAY WALK BEFORE GOD IN THE LIGHT OF THE LIVING amen its hard to put your trust in friends or anyone for that matter if you will but it was written to put all your trust in the LORD YOUR GOD for man will forsake thee friends sometimes will betray you and the line between wisdom and truth can sometimes be tricky AND THE LORD THY GOD TAUGHT US THAT we must leave are trust before him and love everybody Psalm 119 O HOW i love thy Law It Is My Meditation All The Day Thou Through Thy Commandments Hast Made me wiser than mine Enemies for they are ever with me, i have more understanding than all my teachers for thy testimonies are my meditation i understand more than the ancients because i keep thy precepts i have refrained my feet from every evil way that i may keep the word i have not departed from my judgements for thou has taught me how sweet our thy words unto my taste yea sweeter than honey through precepts i get understanding therefore i hate every false way ... 97.104
Old 05-09-2006, 06:02 AM   #1192
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 9th

"Masks."

We are experts at wearing masks. We do the acceptable things so we don't feel strange or uncomfortable. We get thrown into the lion's den, and it feels like the only way we can hope to avoid being eaten is to become a lion ourselves. Take heart. God has seen our problems and He is willing to help us stand firm for what we believe. There is a place for us. In time, God will lead us all to a place where we feel accepted and loved for who we are.

My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.

Psalm 57:4

The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Lily Tomlin

Heaven

Old 05-10-2006, 06:17 AM   #1193
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 10th

"Rumor has it..."

In the middle of a dispute with a neighbor and the land owner we both purchased property from and I am tired of the high school games. Led me to today’s daily, and inspired me to handle this one on one today!

The right thing is so hard to do sometimes. It is so much easier to gossip, to mention another's wrong against us in a prayer with others, to pass around innuendo. But only one thing is the right thing to do! Go to the person who has wronged you and try to keep the damage contained to just the two of you.

If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.

Matthew 18:15

Trying to squash a rumor is like trying to unring a bell.*

Shana Alexander

Heaven

Old 05-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #1194
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) May 9th

"Masks."

We are experts at wearing masks. We do the acceptable things so we don't feel strange or uncomfortable. We get thrown into the lion's den, and it feels like the only way we can hope to avoid being eaten is to become a lion ourselves. Take heart. God has seen our problems and He is willing to help us stand firm for what we believe. There is a place for us. In time, God will lead us all to a place where we feel accepted and loved for who we are.

My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.

Psalm 57:4

The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Lily Tomlin

Heaven

Old 05-10-2006, 02:09 PM   #1195
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) May 10th

"Rumor has it..."

In the middle of a dispute with a neighbor and the land owner we both purchased property from and I am tired of the high school games. Led me to today’s daily, and inspired me to handle this one on one today!

The right thing is so hard to do sometimes. It is so much easier to gossip, to mention another's wrong against us in a prayer with others, to pass around innuendo. But only one thing is the right thing to do! Go to the person who has wronged you and try to keep the damage contained to just the two of you.

If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.

Matthew 18:15

Trying to squash a rumor is like trying to unring a bell.*

Shana Alexander

Heaven

PRAISE THE LORD, its hard to stay away from gossip when it prevails against you most the time brother unprepared it never happens on day your prayed up And its easy to find yourself doing It AMEN so thats what makes it hard , so we always must Remembear To Pray For Own Forgivness Everyday Even If we dont see sin coming it will find you no man be without It So When The Lord Taught Us How To Pray For Ourselfs WHEN YE PRAY SAY OUR FATHER WHICH ART IN HEAVEN HALLOWED BE THY NAME THY KINGDOM COME THY WILL BE DONE as in heaven so in earth give us day by day our daily bread and forgive our sins for we also forgive every one that is in debted to us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil Those Words And Teaching REMAIN TRUE we Pray For Others By Spirt As The Word Speaks We Do Not Know What Or Who We Pray For BUT THE SPIRT MAKES It Known To Us So We Know How To Pray Luke 11.2.4 And Romans 8.26.28
Old 05-11-2006, 06:02 AM   #1196
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 11th

"God rescues."

Jehoahaz, king of Israel, lived an evil life. He committed all the sins of Jeroboam and continued leading the nation into the sin of idolatry. So the Lord turned the people of Israel over to be oppressed by the Arameans. But even though Jehoahaz had been a failure and disobedient to God as a king, when he sought the Lord's help, God heard. And seeing the terrible oppression Israel was living under, he intervened. He raised up a deliverer and savior (a foreshadowing of Christ), one who rescued them from tyranny, and Israel once again lived in safety and peace.

If God will do this for an evil king and an idolatrous nation when they call out to him, how much more will he hear and respond to the prayers of his children, who are reconciled to him because of the sacrifice of our savior, Jesus.

Jehohaz prayed for the Lord's help, and the Lord heard his prayer. The Lord could see how terribly the king of Aram was oppressing Israel. So the Lord raised up a deliverer to rescue the Israelites from the tyranny of the Arameans. Then Israel lived in safety again as they had in former days.

2 Kings 13:4-5

Prayer is weakness leaning on omnipotence.

W. S. Bowden

Heaven

Old 05-11-2006, 11:53 PM   #1197
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

PRAISE THE LORD The Lord Loves His Precious Children THE LORD REIGNETH HE IS FOREVER CLOTHED WITH MAJESTY AND STRENETH WHERE WITH HE GIRDED HIMSELF For Those Who Are Weak AMEN the world is also establishied so it cant be moved THY THRONE IS ESTABLISHED OF OLD !!!!! Thou Art From Everlasting The Floods Have Lifted Up Their Voice The Floods Lift Up Their Waves The Lord On High Is Mighter than Many Waters THE Noise Of Many Waters yea than the mighty waves of the sea THY TESTIMOMIES Are Very Sure Holiness becometh in thine house forever more we can never out grow those good old testimones Pslam 93 1.5 Ya Know When Your Going Through A Trial Something Or Whatever Life May Throw Unto You HOW Many Times O Lord Does Moses Come To Mind AMEN Does Daniel Come To Mind AMEN !!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:08 AM   #1198
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 12th

"The Father of all heavenly lights."

My child, I am not like a shadow that moves with the rays of the sun. Everything in My presence radiates My light, for I am the Father of the heavenly lights. The sun, moon, and stars reflect My glory. The angels who serve Me daily wear My light on their wings and glow with My presence. And so do you. Look at Me often, and I will reflect My light through you.

Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows.

James 1:17

The light of the world is still Jesus.

Rebecca Jordan

Heaven

Old 05-12-2006, 11:02 AM   #1199
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Amen!!!!

All Darkness Can Be Brought To Light In Him Is Light There Is No Darkness The Darkness In The Light AMEN AND AMEN, John 12 37.50 HE That Believeth On Me Believeth Not On Me BUT ON HIM THAT SENT ME And That Seeth Me Seeth Him That Set Me AMEN i,am come a light into the world that whosoever beleiveth on me should not abide in darkness and if any man hear my words and believe not i judge him not for the spirt of christ Is Not Judge Others and the world He that rejects me and reciveth not his words hath one that judges him the word that i have spoken the same shall judge him for i have not spoken of myself but My father which sent me he gave me COMMANDMENT What I Should Speak And I Know THAT HIS COMANDEMENT IS LIFE EVERLASTING AMEN AND AMEN whatsoever i speak therfore even as the father said unto me so i speak ....
Old 05-13-2006, 07:03 AM   #1200
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 13th

"And what is God's name?"

Redeemer! Deliverer! Savior!

Have you ever given God reason to be angry with you? Compare your sins with the sins of Israel. As you read through the Old Testament, you discover the truth that seems to shock most people; At no time in Israel's history did they ever remain faithful to God. Of course, there were periods of collective obedience.But as soon as the blessings flowed, their hearts wandered, and once again they fell into their evil ways. Their lives were steeped in a constant pattern of rebellion and unfaithful living. Check this out; Ezekiel records just one of the many times God responded to Israel's unfaithfulness. God says to them, "In this also your fathers blasphemed me by forsaking me.…You continue to defile yourselves with all your idols to this day.…You say, 'We want to be like the nations, like the peoples of the world, who serve wood and stone.'.…As I judged your fathers in the desert of the land of Egypt, so I will judge you, declares the Sovereign Lord"

If there was ever a time that Israel deserved to be wiped from the face of the planet, it was this moment. Now their sentence was at hand. Hold on to your chairs because here comes the gavel!!!

So what hapens? What is the judgment he hands down?

He plans to redeem them. Again. He deals with them according to his goodness, not their evil. He forgives them. Not because they deserve it but because it is God's nature to forgive.

"You will know that I am the Lord, when I deal with you for my name's sake and not according to your evil ways and your corrupt practices".

Ezekiel 20:44

I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.

Abraham Lincoln

Heaven