++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-29-2006, 06:40 AM   #1171
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

April 29th

"God wants us to need Him."

Thomas was a proud man. He had never liked admitting that he might need help from someone else. His daddy had taught him that the only way a man was worth his salt was to stand on his own two feet. Thomas had always tried to live by that rule, but now he was at a loss. His wife was sick, and he didn't know where to turn. The doctors were doing all they could, but Thomas felt helpless. Though it felt strange to him, Thomas got down on his knees to pray. Self-consciously, Thomas asked the Lord's help, and in his hour of quiet desperation, he was answered.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psalm 51:17

When times get tough, God wants us to open our hearts to Him, that He might be made real to us. Call upon God from your brokenness, and He will be faithful to answer.

Heaven

Old 04-30-2006, 08:03 AM   #1172
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 30th

"What God delights in."

In Psalm 147 we discover an important secret about relating to the Lord. Our great and mighty God, who has absolute power over everything in heaven and on earth, is not impressed with powerful people. Those who are strong and mighty in their own strength don't get God's attention. Instead, it is the brokenhearted and humble he notices and supports... Today, if you've put your hope in anyone or anything else, ask the Lord to forgive you. But don't stop there. Ask his Spirit to so work in your life that your primary goal becomes honoring and pleasing God.

The strength of a horse does not impress him; how puny in his sight is the strength of man. Rather, the Lord's delight is in those who honor him, those who put their hope in his unfailing love.

Psalm 147:10-11

God being who and what He is, and we being who and what we are, the only thinkable relation between us is one of full lordship on His part and complete submission on ours. We owe him every honor that it is in our power to give Him.

A. W. Tozer ( 1897-1963 )

Heaven

Old 05-01-2006, 06:07 AM   #1173
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 1st

"No locked closets."

What does it mean to be a person after God's own heart? Seems to me, it means that your life is in harmony with the Lord. What is important to him is important to you. What burdens him burdens you. When he says, "This is wrong, and I want you to change," you come to terms with it because you have a heart for God.

It's no wonder that David moved from awe at God's work to praising God himself ( Psalm 19:7-14 ). He saw that a God who could create such beauty throughout the universe is a God who wants to create beauty in our own lives as well. But he can only create that beauty when we yield our hearts and souls completely to him. As we discover more and more about who God is and how much he loves us, obedience to him becomes less of a chore and more of a pleasure.

When you are deeply spiritual, you have a heart that is sensitive to the things of God. "For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that he may strongly support those whose heart is completely his" ( 2 Chronicles 16:9 ).

May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

I have found that the most extravagant dreams of boyhood have not surpassed the great experience of being in the will of God, and I believe that nothing could be better.

Jim Elliot

Heaven

Old 05-02-2006, 01:59 AM   #1174
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 05-02-2006, 06:12 AM   #1175
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 2nd

"The Lord shook His head."

He gazed upon His creation, the one he had called good. It had been spoiled beyond recognition. He looked for some of His precious birds and beasts and fish, but they were missing. He called out to His children, but they were busy. He longed to gaze at the beauty of the jewel He had set in the skies, but it was dull and faded. The Lord shook His head, then He wept.

What are we doing to the world of the Lord? How does our righteousness measure up with where it should be? If the Lord looked upon the earth to find a righteous man or woman, would He find him or her in us?

God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.

Psalm 53:2

Live for Jesus, trying always to follow in His blessed footsteps.

Unknown

Heaven

Old 05-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #1176
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Amen

GOD LOOKED DOWN FROM HEAVEN UPON THE CHILDREN OF MEN TO SEE IF THERE WERE ANY THAT DID UNDERSTAND AND SEEK GOD That was a most Beautiful interpertation of those scriptures HEV, PRAISE THE LORD FOR HE IS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED WITHOUT CEASE AMEN AND AMEN O GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD FOR HE IS GOOD And Some May Say For WHAT TODAY BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE HE IS DOING SOMETHING RIGHT RIGHT NOW, SOME WHERE AMEN FOR HIS MERCY ENDURES FOREVER WHO CAN UTTER THE MIGHTY ACTS OF THE LORD WHO CAN SHOW FORTH ALL HIS PRAISE , psalm 106 verse 1 and 2
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 05-03-2006, 06:03 AM   #1177
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 3rd

"A resolute and steadfast heart."

Sometimes the key to survival is simply "setting our jaw" and going on faithfully trusting that God is there helping us, despite the outward circumstances. Choosing joy through hope rather than despair, choosing patient endurance in times of affliction, and choosing faithfulness in prayer are all decisions of the will. We trust that God, who raised Jesus from the dead, can also change our circumstances because he hears our voice.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Romans 12:12

We shall never find in our hearts to condescend to others, while we indulge conceit of ourselves; therefore that must be mortified.

Matthew Henry

Heaven

Old 05-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #1178
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Praise The Lord !!!! Hev

Somethings Will Never Change IF WE TRUST IN GOD AT ALL TIMES HE SHALL TRUST IN US AT ALL TIMES, And For Those Reasons He Does GIVE US A JOY !!!! A Special Joy To Make Us Sing A Happy Melody UNTO THE LORD OUR GOD Behold Happy Is The Man Whom God Shall Teach And Correct Therefore DESPISE Not His Ways Of The Almighty For He Maketh Sore And Bindeth Up He Woundeth And His Precious Hands Makes Us Whole He Shall Deliver Thee In Six Troubles Yea In Seven There Shall No Evil Touch Thee In Famine He Shall Redeem Thee From Death And IN WAR From The Power Of The Sword Thou Shalt Be Hid From The Scourage Of The Tounge Neither Shalt Thou Be Afraid Of Destruction When It Cometh At Destruction And Famine Thou Shall Laugh Neither Shall Thou Be Afraid And Be At Peace With Nature And The Beasts Of The Filed And The Beast Of The Filed Shall Be At Peace With Thee Knowing At All Times We Should Praise The Lord And Thou Shalt Know Also Thy Seed Shall Be Great And Thine Off Spring As The Grass Of The Earth Thou Shalt Come Through A Grave In Full Age Like A Shock Of Corn Cometh In Season And Bloom Back To Beauty As Rose Turning Back From Stone So Out Petals Stay Kissed With Mornings Fresh Due Lo This We Have Searched It So It Is Hear It And Know It For Thy Good
Old 05-03-2006, 01:24 PM   #1179
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

job 5.17.27 the scriptures to the above post i forgot i need to start reporting me own posts
Old 05-04-2006, 06:06 AM   #1180
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) job 5.17.27 the scriptures to the above post i forgot i need to start reporting me own posts
It helps indeed...

So stay up on it woman!

Heaven

Old 05-04-2006, 06:07 AM   #1181
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 4th

"Shine on you crazy diamonds!"

People spend thousands of dollars to last longer; exercise, cosmetics, plastic surgery, self-help advice, nutrition plans. We like life, and we want it to last, not just in some ethereal, nondescript expectation of a life hereafter, but in a real, fulfilling, purposeful eternity. We don't just want "forever." We want to know we will enjoy it.

Daniel is told what makes or breaks eternity in the resurrection: righteousness. Loving it, drinking it in, leading others to it, investing in it. Righteousness is the key. The quality of our righteousness on earth has everything to do with the quality of our eternity. Righteousness is a gift from a holy heaven to an infected race. It comes from outside ourselves, available only through faith in its Giver. Those who are wise will tell others about this gift. Those who want to shine will know the Source of the light and will be completely preoccupied with Him.

Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like stars forever.

Daniel 12:3 NLT

Eternity to the godly is a day that has no sunset.

Thomas Watson

Heaven

Old 05-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #1182
Lechium
USER INFO »

I never understood why people cannot be religious in a quiet manner. Belifs are a personal thing, so they are best kept to oneself, since every beliefs differently even if the target is the same. However when people become loud about their spritiual views shit tends to hit the fan.
I mean Christians and Muslims belive the same thing, just in a slightly different fashion. But since neither of the groups can shut up about it, we have all the tension and killings.
That was an extreme example, but you get the picture I hope.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:05 AM   #1183
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 5th

"Time."

Jesus told the story of a rich man who enjoyed great success. Reflecting on his accomplishments, he said, “I know! I’ll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I'll have room enough to store everything. And I’ll sit back and say to myself, ‘My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!’ ” ( Luke 12:18–19 ). But God told him, “You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get it all?” ( verse 20 ).

We can find some commendable things about this rich man. He was a hardworking farmer. He probably would have had to work longer and get up earlier and expend more energy than the other farmers of his day to achieve such success. I and several people I know fit this profile... But his mistake was not being successful in his work. His mistake was not even acquiring possessions. His mistake was failing to make plans for eternity. He was living large, but he forgot the clock was ticking, that life was passing by.

Remember brethren, we are not here to enjoy the moment but to plan for eternity.

Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.

Luke 12:21

A watchmaker who built grandfather clocks inscribed these words on every clock he built: “Lo, here I stand by thee upright to give thee warning day and night, for every tick that I do click cuts short the time thou hast to live.” It reminds us that our life is like a vapor of smoke that appears for a moment and then vanishes away.

Greg Laurie

Heaven

Old 05-05-2006, 11:54 AM   #1184
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) I never understood why people cannot be religious in a quiet manner. Belifs are a personal thing, so they are best kept to oneself, since every beliefs differently even if the target is the same. However when people become loud about their spritiual views shit tends to hit the fan.
I mean Christians and Muslims belive the same thing, just in a slightly different fashion. But since neither of the groups can shut up about it, we have all the tension and killings.
That was an extreme example, but you get the picture I hope.
when wisdom enters into thine heart and knowlege is a pleasure unto thy soul Discretion shall preseve thee understanding shall keep thee proverbs 2 10.11
Old 05-05-2006, 12:06 PM   #1185
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) It helps indeed...

So stay up on it woman!

Heaven

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yes i write theme i take my time here and i post theme and stay up on it but i dont know where on is from another to say chapter such and such and verse whatever if i know scripture from one of the books i,ll say its over in john or mark some where what would help me a lot is the books of the bible separated i,ve got this one little slender bible you can take with you anywheres that has nothing but the books of the psalms, its awsome now if i could get one from GEN~REV it separate slender books it will help me to study better so i can remembear the sciptures