++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Where Are The Dead?

You know, this is a very important and very sensitive topic. We all have ones we've loved and that we've lost, whether they're a close family member or a close friend... or a spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend. When we lose one who was dear to us, naturally there's a sense of grief and for many a lack of certainty. But yet in the first verse of Ecclesiastes 7:1 it says that the day of death is better than the day of one's birth. Why would that be? Well, think about it. We're born into this world, this world and this world age has problems in it. There's pollution.... there's natural disasters that kill people... there's evil and evil people in this world... and these flesh bodies don't really last all that long. Even 100 years is nothing compared to the eternity, and if you're fortunate enough to make it to 100 years in a flesh body, you've put a lot of wear and tear on that flesh body. But at death, if you are saved especially, you leave all that behind, and you have something much better waiting for you.

I was a little distressed to hear from a good friend of mine that he believed we lay in a hole in the ground until the return of Jesus Christ. This is simply not not the case, and greatly misses the mark not only biblically, but in terms of just how much God loves His Children... those who are in His family, but even those who did not make it are still there with Him... awaiting judgment, but there with Him nonetheless.

I want to start out in the same book of Ecclesiastes, the 12th Chapter, just a couple of verses.

Ecclesiastes 12:6 "Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

This sounds like pottery or objects, but it really refers to the death of the body. That will hopefully be clear in the next verse. But the silver cord is basically the spinal cord. The spinal cord transmits messages and signals and impulses from the brain. In other words when the brain shuts down or your central nervous system shuts down, when your heart stops pumping blood, the heart here is what is referred to by pitcher... when any and all of that happens, that's it. You're done with the flesh. But then what comes next?

Ecclesiastes 12:7 "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God Who gave it."

Now does that say the flesh goes back to dust and the spirit goes to the earth and stays there? NO! The spirit returns to God. When does that happen? As verse 6 stipulates, immediately after the death of the flesh.

You know, Paul had what might be called a near death experience. Paul was actually stoned as it was recorded in the 14th chapter of Acts, and he was left for dead. I mean, they thought they had killed him. Then in 2nd Corinthians 12:2 Paul speaks of a man 14 years prior who not really knowing if it was in body or out of body who was taken to the third heaven age. Many people believe Paul was speaking of himself. But be that as it may, what does Paul say in 2nd Corinthians 5:8?

II Corinthians 5:8 "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

Friends, if you're no longer in your flesh body, you're present with the Lord... good,bad, or ugly. I'll get to that as well. Now, I'm going to go to the so called "rapture chapter" in 1st Thessalonians.

A lot of people build the rapture theory up on this chapter, and people believe you have bodies coming out of the graves in this chapter too. But God's Word is consistent and let's apply what has already been mentioned and just think a little bit here.

I Thessalonians 4:13 "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope."

See, you who believe have hope. That hope is in Jesus Christ. Why? Let's keep reading.

I Thessalonians 4:14 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."

Jesus died and rose again. Is He in some hole in the ground? Of course not... He is in heaven with the Father. So if Jesus isn't in some hole in the ground, why would those who sleep in Him be? God loves His children, and He's the God of the living, not the dead. He wants them with Him, not in some hole in the ground.

I Thessalonians 4:15 "For we say unto you, by the word of our Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent in no wise [precede] them which are asleep."

Why would we not precede those who are asleep? Because they've already gone to the Father.

I Thessalonians 4:16 "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with a voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first;"

Again, why shall the dead in Christ rise first? They already have! If this is a struggle for anyone, it shouldn't be, but if it is, compare scripture to scripture. This same man who wrote this letter to the Thessalonians is the same man who said to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord in 2nd Corinthians. Is God down there in a hole in the ground? Of course not! The flesh is nothing but a temporary hunk of dirt or meat that we ride around in for a while. When we're done with it, we're done with it. Ashes to ashes and dust to dust... or dirt to dirt if you prefer. We won't take it with us, it's not us or any part of us.... not the true self or true inner man or soul. So let dead flesh lie and let the beauty that God has in store for those who do love Him come forth. It's going to be so much better.

I'm going to take a break personally and come back and close in Luke.

Jason
Old 02-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Re: Where Are The Dead?

I said I was going to close in Luke, and I'm going to Luke Chapter 16- the rich man and Lazarus. Here Jesus gives us a great description of just where people go when they die and the division or difference between those who overcome, and those who do not.

Luke 16:19 "There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:"

Purple being the color of royalty or of someone of very high importance. He had a nice little feast every day. There are some who would say a man like this wanted for nothing. But if you don't have Christ, if you don't believe in and Have Him, then you have nothing.

Luke 16:20 "And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,"

Luke 16:21 "And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: more over the dogs came and licked his sores."

This word desiring means eagerly desiring, but guess what? The rich man did not have compassion on this beggar Lazarus. The dogs were treated better than Lazarus, and sadly the dogs treated Lazarus better than the rich man did. They at least tried to clean him off by licking his sores.

Luke 16:22 "And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom the rich man also died, and was buried;"

Now does it say Lazarus the beggar died and stayed in a hole in the ground? No it does not. It says the rich man was buried, but keep reading. He's not in a hole in the ground either. His flesh body is, but he is not.

Luke 16:23 "And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom."

This word hell is not hell as we look at it, but simply Hades or the grave. The torment is the sorrow and remorse at knowing he didn't make it. But what's this? He can look and see Abraham and Lazarus the beggar. How is that? Read on and find out.

Luke 16:24 "And he cried and said, `Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' "

A lot of people will read this and say, "the rich man is in hell fire and Abraham and the angels and Lazarus are watching him burn." But let's think about this for a minute. If his whole body was literally burning in hell fire, Lazarus dipping the tip of his finger in water to cool the rich man's tongue won't really do a lot of good. Our Father is a consuming fire, and there is a lake of fire. But it will not come into play until after Judgment Day. The word tormented can better be translated distressed, or even sorrowing. He's burning up in a figurative sense because he can look over and see heaven and Abraham, but he knows he can't cross over and he knows he didn't make it. Make no mistake, hell and the lake of fire is literal. But this isn't it. This isn't that time.

Luke 16:25 "But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivest thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented."

Again, the rich man seemingly had it all and Lazarus had nothing. But Lazarus had one very important thing that the rich man didn't. He had faith in and love for Almighty God. You can't take your riches to heaven, and it doesn't matter what you accumulated in your lifetime. What matters is did you love God?

Luke 16:26 "And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.' "

So there it is. There's a gulf or chasm set in place between those who made it and those who did not. But yet good and bad, saved and unsaved, they're all basically in the same location, and it's not a hole in the ground. God loves His children and He created them for His pleasure(Revelation 4:11) and for His company. When one dies, hey those behind miss them, but if they are a Christian it truly is a time to rejoice in a sense for them. They leave this world behind with its problems, they leave their flesh behind with its weaknesses and vulnerabilities, and step into something much much greater. God wants His children back with Him... especially those who love Him, because He sure loves them. So, hopefully you can take this and take comfort in this, so that you know and can be secure in knowing that your loved ones aren't in some hole in the ground. They're with the Father... and what a place to be.

Jason
Old 02-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

jason brother love the title, of your thread, forgive my on off departure i have been busy, and so forth i reviced your thread, and came acrossed another friends views and commentary On Lazrus, that except in a few things matched your views and aspects and now i have had the joy of reading both, and comparing with my stuff, i love these times my strengeth my joy who bring the meaning, in world in non stop confusing, depart yourselves and come rest with in the desert for a while, what scripture is that i have no idea but praise jesus i know its there, praise jesus i have a lot of know it alls, that knows that, one will know PRAISE JESUS And The Other Will Find Praise Jesus, i
Old 02-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) jason brother love the title, of your thread, forgive my on off departure i have been busy, and so forth i reviced your thread, and came acrossed another friends views and commentary On Lazrus, that except in a few things matched your views and aspects and now i have had the joy of reading both, and comparing with my stuff, i love these times my strengeth my joy who bring the meaning, in world in non stop confusing, depart yourselves and come rest with in the desert for a while, what scripture is that i have no idea but praise jesus i know its there, praise jesus i have a lot of know it alls, that knows that, one will know PRAISE JESUS And The Other Will Find Praise Jesus, i
praise jesus i,ve often said my brothers, if we did not have a clock upon us, PRAISE Jesus We All Would Be Free, BUT ITS A BLESSINGS getting there and rare one at that, as we drink and dine and eat with the master, PRAISE JESUS, some of us just cant wait, Praise Jesus Or Maketh That Excuse That Separates From Us His Strengeth And truth and Glory, He Cried Unto The Father And Said, Father I Thrist, And Evening At That Time he Knew Not At That Momeant PRAISE JESUS HE FUIFILLED All And Made Us More Than Overcomers, It Is Written, MY TIME HAS YET NOT COME PRAISE JESUS BUT Us Being Partakers Of The Entire Truth, Time Is Already PRAISE JESUS, Greater Is He That Dwells Us In Us, when i return back again we are going to review LAZRUS, Blessings And Strengeth And Peace Be With Us In Jesus Name
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the coner stone.jpg (3.1 KB, 449 views)
Old 02-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Lazrus Parable

and for those of you that dont know or can perceive what the spirt saith, thats what the raising dead man Lazrus was all about, seeing through the natrual eye YE WILL WILL MISS THE BIG PICTURE PRAISE JESUS, it can indeed get very confusion as one conclusion will bounce to another, the word of GOD DOES NOT LIE, my words are not the auther of confusion but of and love and peace, FROM GEN>TO>REV> i will bring up the 2 EDGED SWORD sermon FOR REFERENCE THE WORD OF GOD IS ONE, One Faith One Lord One Babtism Before I get into THE PARABLE OF LAZRUS, Job>24>13>20> Tells Us WHO THE FINAL OVERCOMER IS And The First And The Last, Praise Jesus,
Old 02-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Lazrus Parable

job>24>13>20 the wicked wither away and will be brought of darkness unto the light, they are of thiose that REBEL Against The Almighty THEY KNOW NOT THE WAY therof Therefore They Will Never Know The Way Thereof, Non Abide In The Paths Therof The Murderer Rising With The Light KILLS THE POOR AND NEEDY And Rapeth The Ghost , forgive my words of being so provactive, ADVISORY EXPILT BIBLE CONTEXT PRAISE JESUS, there ya go........they killeth the poor and needy and in the night is a thief the eye also of the adulterer , waits for twilight SAYING No eye Shall See Me And Disguiseth their face in the dark they dig through houses which they had MARKED for themeselves In the daytime, They KNOW not the Light For The MORNING To Theme Is As The Shadow Of Death If One Know Theme They ARE In The TERRORS Of The Shadow Of Death PRAISE JESUS, As To The Children Of The Of Abraham Will Be Cast To Outter Darkness , And He That IS Shortend OUR Days MAKETH TO LIE IN STILL WATERS And Peace Be With Us, Where The Wayside Be Where There Gnashing Of Teeth, HE IS SWIFT WATERS AS THE WATERS THAT PASSETH OVER JORDAN The Wicked Their Portion Is Cursed HE BEHOLDETH Not The Way To The Vineyard Drought And Heat, Consoume The Snow Watersn So doth The Grave Those Which Have Sinned Against The Lamb Of God, The Worm Shall Feed Sweetly On Him He shall Be No More Remembered And Wickedness Shall Be As A Broken Tree, WHEN HE RISETH NO MAN BE SURE OF LIFE, Only He HAS THE POWER To Rise And To Lye And No Man Giveth Him That Power BUT HIMSELF, The Word Tells Us About The Children Of The Faith THE WICKED AND FALSEHOOD SHALL BY PASS US, Many Shall Come From The East And West, And Set With ABRAHAM, AND ISAAC AND JACOB, IN THE KINGDOM Of Heaven But Again The Children Of The Kingdom Shall Be Cast In Outer Darkness There Shall Be Weeping Ang Gnashing Of Teeth,
Old 02-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Parable Of Lazrus ~John~6<3~26<3~27

the word said i spoke to the people in parables, because they could not see hear or understand what the spirt saith, because men are defiled they are not clean which is why the lamb of god took the sins for many, Verily Verliy I say Unto Ya, YE SEEK Me NOT BECAUSE Ye Did Eat Of The Loaves And Were Filled Labour Not For That Meat That Will Perish And Decay But For That Meat Which Endureth Unto Everlasting Life Which The Son Of Man SHALL GIVE UNTO FOR HIM HATH GOD THE FATHER SEALED, Many Would Not Understand Because It was Not Given Unto Theme To Know The Mysteries The Dead Should Bury The Dead, Because He Promised Us A Dwelling Place For When The Sun Become To Hot So The Sons Of Men Could Rest Their Heads, Mark 4>12>13> THAT SEEING They May See And Again Not Perceive And Hearing They May Hear And Not Understand Lest At Anytime They Should Be Converted , And Their Sins , Should Be Forgiven, THE WORDE OF GOD SAITH Know Ye Knot THIS PARABLE AND HOW THEN WILL YE KNOW ALL PARABLES, jason many thanks for bringing these larger than life teachings in the word of God for us all this past year, and those who knoweth the suffering minstries and the minstries that would be trialed, would be ours, as most of you already know im relocating so it may be a while, before im back with you, i pray in jesus name peace and strengeth will be with all, as transitions are taking place, i will miss all of you, blessings and strengeth and peace be with us again in jesus mighty name,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grab a moving buddy.jpg (5.4 KB, 441 views)