++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 12-30-2004, 10:24 PM   #1
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Brett Hestla Talks a little about new band

this was posted by Brett Hestla at the boards at virgos.cchttp://virgos.cc/messageboard/index....topic=43&st=60

Hey all ye faithful. This is Brett here, I hope you all are well and happy.
Yes Dark Blue is the name, yes we are signed to Warner Bros. Records, and we are now mixing our record with 7Dust's producer/mixer Ben Grosse. It is going well and we should know a release date soon. The name is the result of 6 months of searching and researching copyright information on about 20 different names. It came to the point of asking myself how to describe the music in as short of a term as posssible, Dark, and Bluesy. It is as complete of a mixture of all of our previous styles as it could be. i think if you were a fan of any of the bands in our individual make-up i.e. Virgos, 7Dust, Double Drive, Stereomud, Scrape; you will definitely enjoy it.

For the record, this site sponsored a name the band contest, unfortunately it wasn't necessarily O.K.'ed by the band. This is an individually sponsored site that we really have no say in how it's run. It is paid for and run by a fan on his own merit.
I hope you weren't too dissapointed if your name didn't end up being picked.

I am so happy you guys care enough about my music to still come here and chat about it. I also hope you'll give the new project a chance, I think it is far and above the best work I've ever done. I recognize some of the screen names and hope you guys are doing great. (sorry you don't like the name leenis).

So I'll write back soon and let you guys know our new band sites address, and I hope you guys will come check us out there.

With the greatest appreciation,

Brett Hestla
Old 12-30-2004, 10:34 PM   #2
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
here is more information regarding members of the band. This was posted over at the forums at virgos.cc as well. This thread is located here: http://virgos.cc/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=18

Hey guys!
Sorry it has taken so long to get this to you. It's not for lack of Daniel trying but things have been busy and a little complicated. Brett was amazed to see this site up and running and that all of you fans are still hanging in there. That's devotion!!

Brett, as most of you know by now is in a new band. The reason he has not been able to say a whole lot is due to prior committments with other members and out of respect for them things had to stay on the DL. Finally everything is free and clear and everyone is free to pass on the news. The band is made of Brett, Will Hunt, Clint Lowery, Corey Lowery and Troy Mclawhorn. They were down in Orlando and recorded about 2 Cd's worth of music. It is an amzing blend of all of the guys musical background and history. For those of you who don't know...these 5 guys have known each other since they were 19 playing together in clubs in Birmingham and Atlanta. They have an amazing history and story to tell and I can't wait for you all to hear the new songs. They're unbelievable.
It's different than Virgo's but you will most definately feel the Brett/virgos influence in this music as well as a little Sevendust, a little Stuck Mojo some Double Drive and Skrape. It's just a great blend of 5 of the most talented and devoted musicians I've ever heard.

Besides the new band, Brett is staying extremely busy with his studio here in Orlando. They are working 18 hours a day and are booked through the first of the year. Needless to say, he's a busy man, huband and father. They have worked with so many awesome local and regional bands. After the first of the year, they will continue recording Faktion who just got signed to Road Runner Records. A huge deal for Brett and Justin.

SO.... I hope this helped bring you all up to date. Sorry again for taking so long. But I will certainly try to check back and keep you all up as things progress. Thanks again from Brett and myself for sticking in there. You are all some of the greatest fans around.

Thanks,
Katie
Old 12-31-2004, 01:46 AM   #3
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
thanks for posting that info and conidering i really like the dust and to a lesser extent the other bands i'm sure i'll like this project. 18 hours a day? man......
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-01-2005, 05:14 PM   #4
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Very cool. Thanks for posting. I'm glad he's getting something else going.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"