++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-22-2004, 10:36 PM   #1
WhatsUrCreed
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I was just listening to some of Creed's old music and...

CREED STILL KICKS ASS!!!!! NOTHING WILL EVER AMOUNT TO WHAT THEY HAD AND WHAT THEY WILL HAVE IN THE FUTURE!!! HERES TO THEIR REUNION!!!! NEVER LOSE FAITH!!!!

-CreedFan

(aint over till the fat lady sings...)
Old 09-23-2004, 01:54 AM   #2
The Lithium
USER INFO »
No, Alter Bridge is better. Also I like Myles better than Stapp, even if I'm a huge Creed fan and I support Stapp. But I'm not too crazy 'bout Relearn Love...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-23-2004, 10:36 AM   #3
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Dude,

he's allowed to have an opinion for crying out loud. If he thinks Creed is better then he thinks Creed is better. You may like Alter Bridge more but some people like Creed more, myself being one of them. I like Alter Bridge and I like Stapp solo but to me, and others also, the mix of Mark's guitar work and Scott's vocals are tops. Everyone has an opinion it doesn't make it wrong one way or the other.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:10 PM   #4
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Wait, hold on now... So he's allowed to have his opinion, but I'm not? I never said anything about HIS opinion, I said MINE!!! I love Creed!! Watch your words, or your words might drown you...

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-23-2004, 03:55 PM   #5
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
No Lith, look at your words because right now you are drowning in them.....

You said
Quote: No, Alter Bridge is better.
. That's a statement, not an opinion. I'm not going to get into a gramatical argument with you here because this isn't English class it's an internet message board.

You seem to cut alot of people down for not being behind Alter Bridge as much as you and you state it as fact that Alter Bridge is better when that is an opinion. An opinion, mind you, that would be very hard to back up as fact; considering that Creed released three albums, had alot of #1 hits (+ the most #1s off a debut rock album), won tons of awards, and ran for almost a decade and Alter Bridge has released one album, had no #1s (as of yet), won no awards (as of yet), and has been around for no more than half a a year. It's great that you are enthusiastic about Alter Bridge but some of us are still trying to get over the fact that Creed broke up and even if Alter Bridge lasts twice as long as Creed did, there will still be people that are going to say that Creed was tops. Everyone can have any opinion, even you Lith, but let them have it and don't cut them down just because you don't like what they think.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:45 PM   #6
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WhatsUrCreed) CREED STILL KICKS ASS!!!!! NOTHING WILL EVER AMOUNT TO WHAT THEY HAD AND WHAT THEY WILL HAVE IN THE FUTURE!!! HERES TO THEIR REUNION!!!! NEVER LOSE FAITH!!!!

-CreedFan

(aint over till the fat lady sings...)

Give me a Creed CD anyday.......I'm still listening...and will continue to listen.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:53 PM   #7
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) No, Alter Bridge is better. Also I like Myles better than Stapp, even if I'm a huge Creed fan and I support Stapp. But I'm not too crazy 'bout Relearn Love...

In my opinion its rather unfair to judge Stapp's song, which was written for a very specific situation and purpose, against a full CD by his "former" bandmates.

I think all the people that are judging the song Relearn Love as indicative of what Stapp will do solo, will be very surprised when they finally hear his solo stuff.

I think all the naysayers are gonna be real surprised.

P.S. And though it is just my opinion...everyone else has theirs....Alter Bridge will never be as successful as Creed. At least not from the way things are looking at the moment....even though the situation could change.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:08 PM   #8
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by kariyanine) You said . That's a statement, not an opinion. I'm not going to get into a gramatical argument with you here because this isn't English class it's an internet message board.
Are you trying to piss me off, or what? He said: "NOTHING WILL EVER AMOUNT TO WHAT THEY HAD AND WHAT THEY WILL HAVE IN THE FUTURE", I say "No, Alter Bridge is better". I'm sure he respects my opinion and I respect his, I didn't wanna get in a fight with him or anything, he said Creed was better I said Alter Bridge was better, and you just seem to have a very stinky day! He didn't say "I like Creed better", and I didn't say "I like AB better". But if you think I'm that annoying, just don't read my posts Goddammit!!

And it's not how many no: #1 singles or awards you win that counts... But the music and the fans, Alter Bridge love their fans, and they show it to us everyday!! And I'm proud of them!! They didn't just kick out Scott of the band - they began over again, and that's huge!!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) P.S. And though it is just my opinion...everyone else has theirs....Alter Bridge will never be as successful as Creed. At least not from the way things are looking at the moment....even though the situation could change.
Never say never, Metallica were so unknown when they started, look at them now!! And even if they won't - what does it matter?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by THE LITHIUM : 09-23-2004 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:37 PM   #9
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) Never say never, Metallica were so unknown when they started, look at them now!! And even if they won't - what does it matter?

Have you checked the most current Billboard chart? Creed sold what....6-7 million copies of My Own Prison. I'm not wishin em bad luck or anything....but the charts ain't lookin too good.

If its fun for them, then so be it. I'm glad they are having fun....but I would think that at some point...it would have to become a profitable situation.

P.S. Oh.....I don't own any Metallica either. See, my taste in music is very different from yours.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:44 PM   #10
The Lithium
USER INFO »
ODR is/were at #5, that's awesome for a debut!! And it still haven't been released all over Europe, or the rest of the world - so I'm not worried at all!!

P.S. Metallica is one of the best bands ever!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-23-2004, 09:09 PM   #11
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) ODR is/were at #5, that's awesome for a debut!! And it still haven't been released all over Europe, or the rest of the world - so I'm not worried at all!!

P.S. Metallica is one of the best bands ever!!

Sure #5 was a good debut but now, what, six weeks later....it isn't even on the top 50 of the Billboard Top 200 Album chart. I can't tell you where it is cause I can't see the entire chart.

See, your stating that Metallica is one of the best bands ever...is your opinion...I just don't happen to share it with the same enthusiasm you do. That doesn't make me dumb for not thinking it too...it just means I don't have the same taste as you in music....just like I don't care for Alter Bridge because I don't share your taste in music.

See....shredding and kick ass guitar solos just don't float my boat....or crank my tractor dude...that doesn't mean I don't know what I like.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:14 PM   #12
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
1. Record sales don't not tell how good a band is.

2. You can't compare records sold because Alterbridge has only been out a month and all the other creed albums were out WAY longer. Things aren't looking good? They have sold almost a million copies of One day remains already.......

3. Saying AB will never be as sucessful as creed is possible......We shall see, considering a lot of the creed fans are AB fans and non creed fans having been liking the alterbridge stuff (mainly because of Stapp is out). Don't believe me? Go to www.mxtabs.net and check out the forums. Mostly positive stuff from people.

4. Creed will never reunite if AB is successful.

5. Scott will sell his stuff but i doubt any where near creed or AB. He will do well on the Christian rock chart but thats about it.......

6. o yeah i don't even think creed debuted on the top 100 in the first month that my own prision was released.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:21 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: 1. Record sales don't not tell how good a band is.
Amen, and neither does the number of appearances on Billboard's lists. Judge the music for the music. I wish the so-called Stapp supporters would stop being so sensitive about people's enthusiasm for Alter Bridge.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:30 PM   #14
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Lith, I would gladly not read your posts except you post your opinion to evrything. So it is kind of hard to escape.

It's kind of unfair to bring Metallica into this argument at all as Metallica was exactly what you said "so unknown when they started out". Alter Bridge is not unknown. They had and have the Creed hype behind them. Almost a decade's worth of quality of music will do that. Alter Bridge does not have the luxury of anonymity, they are superstars due to their being part of Creed. That would be like saying Velvet Revolver is an unknown and with the superstar talent they have it just isn't possible.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:38 PM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Give me a Creed CD anyday.......I'm still listening...and will continue to listen.

Shit! That has to be the first time I agree with you.

Creed owns. I love AB to the bone, but I still like Creed better. Maybe coz it was my First Love! The first band I truly cared about and influenced me in such positive ways.