++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-27-2004, 11:48 AM   #46
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Go ahead...think whatever you want little dude.....but all the information found so far states its based on CDs SOLD. The RIAA is the only organization that awards those certifications in the U.S....and everything you find about them says SOLD. But if it makes you feel better...think what you want.
Hey little dude, you only say that because I was right!! Creed sold gold in the same way, EVERYONE sells gold this way, shipped - not sold!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-27-2004, 12:38 PM   #47
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Gold & Platium - Certification

This explins how the certs are met. From how I read it the certs are based off albums shipped (minus returns) and then sold. You cannot ship 500,000 units and call that a gold record. The album needs to be audited by the RIAA first. First week sales of One Day Remains were at 95,000 units, putting it 405,000 units shy of a gold record. According to the RIAA database (which is accesible from the link above) Alter Bridge isn't certified anything as of yet.
Now the RIAA database may be behind, I don't know I don't work for them. In any case I would think that Wind-Up would have put the fact that Alter Bridge went gold up on their site if it had happened as they have put up the certs for the rest of the bands.... Seether DISCLAIMER- gold, Finger Eleven SELF TITLED - Platinum in Canada, Evanescence FALLEN - Platinum in 35 countries including 5X in the US, Creed - 30 million worldwide.

I still think comparing it to MOP is silly as ODR is silly as Alter Bridge has a built in fan base and has quite alot of hype behind it that MOP & Creed didn't have.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:44 PM   #48
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by kariyanine) Gold & Platium - Certification

This explins how the certs are met. From how I read it the certs are based off albums shipped (minus returns) and then sold. You cannot ship 500,000 units and call that a gold record. The album needs to be audited by the RIAA first. First week sales of One Day Remains were at 95,000 units, putting it 405,000 units shy of a gold record. According to the RIAA database (which is accesible from the link above) Alter Bridge isn't certified anything as of yet.
Now the RIAA database may be behind, I don't know I don't work for them. In any case I would think that Wind-Up would have put the fact that Alter Bridge went gold up on their site if it had happened as they have put up the certs for the rest of the bands.... Seether DISCLAIMER- gold, Finger Eleven SELF TITLED - Platinum in Canada, Evanescence FALLEN - Platinum in 35 countries including 5X in the US, Creed - 30 million worldwide.

I still think comparing it to MOP is silly as ODR is silly as Alter Bridge has a built in fan base and has quite alot of hype behind it that MOP & Creed didn't have.

True to some point, but just because AB comes out with somthing doesn't mean everybody will like it. I don't know how this got to this point, i didn't want to compare AB's record sales to creed's. But when someone says that AB isn't selling very many albums, and they are just running on creed's glory, it has to be countered. Sorry it got out of hand .
Old 09-27-2004, 12:56 PM   #49
The Lithium
USER INFO »
So what are you trying to say, AB didn't sell gold? You're funny!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-30-2004, 10:19 PM   #50
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by joy division) i think people need to realize that now a days and more so in the future, Creed is going to be looked at as a group that people will never admit to liking....kinda like Vanilla Ice.

thats going to be the #1 reason why AB and Stapp will never be selling out arenas or having huge selling albums. a big part of Creed's audience was the same crowd who bought NSYNC in 2000. but people grow up and their musical tastes mature.

no one really wants anything to do with Creed anymore. the general public isnt going to embrace Alter Bridge or Scott Stapp. i'll be surprised if either record goes platinum.
FACE REALITY EVERYBODY (THAT INCLUDES ALL OF YOU). YOURE NOT GOING TO GET THE PAST BACK. TRY TO SEE WHATS REALLY IMPORTANT.

-your favorite newbie.

And back to our show! "You know your a fucking moron when........"
"and it looks like we have a winner!"

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 09-30-2004, 10:26 PM   #51
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) And back to our show! "You know your a fucking moron when........"
"and it looks like we have a winner!"
amen, X, amen

Old 10-01-2004, 10:09 AM   #52
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Oh my GOD, what is all this dissention for?! I didn't even read this whole thread (I'm on a time limit) but I can see that the whole Creed breakup thing has really divided this board. That's not good. I see some of us are too quick to shoot down other ppl's opinion with their own, and some of us are forsaking the good feeling that had kept us together, just being one in Creed. Well, why can't we still be one? Stapp's doing his thing, the other three are doing their thing, everyone's happy...except us. We have to b!tch at each other because Lith may like Alter Bridge and the thread starter may still be into Creed...why can't we just accept each other's taste? I like Alter bridge, I LOVE Creed, and I am CRAZY about Stapp. So who wants to flame me?

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not trying to run this board after my loooooong absence. I'm just trying to bring that old feeling back. I used to live on this board, and now I feel like a stranger.)
Old 10-21-2004, 09:29 PM   #53
Soundslave
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by joy division) i think people need to realize that now a days and more so in the future, Creed is going to be looked at as a group that people will never admit to liking....kinda like Vanilla Ice.

thats going to be the #1 reason why AB and Stapp will never be selling out arenas or having huge selling albums. a big part of Creed's audience was the same crowd who bought NSYNC in 2000. but people grow up and their musical tastes mature.

no one really wants anything to do with Creed anymore. the general public isnt going to embrace Alter Bridge or Scott Stapp. i'll be surprised if either record goes platinum.

now with that being said, all of you guys are ridiculous. its just music. if Stapp really likes the music he's making and it only sells 100,000 copies then SO WHAT?? would that be a failure? not at all. commercially maybe but to the artist it wouldnt be. that applies to Alter Bridge as well. they look like theyre having a blast they say that they're making the best music of their lives. they like their music - if it doesnt sell SO WHAT??

FACE REALITY EVERYBODY (THAT INCLUDES ALL OF YOU). YOURE NOT GOING TO GET THE PAST BACK. TRY TO SEE WHATS REALLY IMPORTANT.

-your favorite newbie.

Well lets put it this way. I subscribe to Sirius Satellite Radio. They have about 1 million subscribers. A week or two ago on Octane, their modern/hard rock channel, the DJ Steve Cavino said; That Open Your Eyes is our most requested song on Octane.
I don't think people have a problem with admitting that they like Creed or AB.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:45 PM   #54
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »

now with that being said, all of you guys are ridiculous. its just music. if Stapp really likes the music he's making and it only sells 100,000 copies then SO WHAT?? would that be a failure? not at all. commercially maybe but to the artist it wouldnt be. that applies to Alter Bridge as well. they look like theyre having a blast they say that they're making the best music of their lives. they like their music - if it doesnt sell SO WHAT??

-your favorite newbie.

Lol, i don't think there is one true thing in this post. YOu have to realize that AB is not creed. Creed is postgrunge, AB is Hard rock. Now adays people are more into postgrunge. AB's audience will be more than just creed fans, they will pick up those people who like the background of creed but hated scott's voice. (i also disagree with the fact that NSYNC and Creed fans are generally totally different) . You don't know iif AB will be big as creed, time will have to tell. But i think AB has a disadvantage because the hard rock genre of music isn't really in the mainstream right now.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:03 AM   #55
Shelby
USER INFO »
Certification Criteria

Recordings become eligible for certification 30 days after initial street date. Audio and music video titles may be requested for award certification starting 30 days after product is commercially available to consumers.

http://www.riaa.com/gp/certification/criteria.asp

How can an album go gold in 2 days when it is not eligible for consideration until after 30 days of release?
Old 10-22-2004, 08:18 AM   #56
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Redeemer) Oh my GOD, what is all this dissention for?! I didn't even read this whole thread (I'm on a time limit) but I can see that the whole Creed breakup thing has really divided this board. That's not good. I see some of us are too quick to shoot down other ppl's opinion with their own, and some of us are forsaking the good feeling that had kept us together, just being one in Creed. Well, why can't we still be one? Stapp's doing his thing, the other three are doing their thing, everyone's happy...except us. We have to b!tch at each other because Lith may like Alter Bridge and the thread starter may still be into Creed...why can't we just accept each other's taste? I like Alter bridge, I LOVE Creed, and I am CRAZY about Stapp. So who wants to flame me?
No one's going to flame you, Sid. Yours is quite possibly the smartest post on this thread. We're all going a little nuts. I totally agree with you. And if there IS anyone who doesn't agree with you, they've got rocks in their heads.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:26 AM   #57
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) In my opinion its rather unfair to judge Stapp's song, which was written for a very specific situation and purpose, against a full CD by his "former" bandmates.

I think all the people that are judging the song Relearn Love as indicative of what Stapp will do solo, will be very surprised when they finally hear his solo stuff.

I think all the naysayers are gonna be real surprised.

P.S. And though it is just my opinion...everyone else has theirs....Alter Bridge will never be as successful as Creed. At least not from the way things are looking at the moment....even though the situation could change.

Like u said ....it is your opinion....Yes...and it is changing everyday....as it did with Creed in the early years!!! Alterbridge is doing GREAT!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 10:11 AM   #58
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Maybe the whole point of this exercise is not WHO is doing better than WHO...but that they are ALL enjoying what they are doing...and at the end of the day, things are as they should be...