++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-20-2004, 12:19 AM   #16
johellion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I never understood how people hated them so much. They say it was because of Scott Stapp. Have you ever been to a Creed concert? It was Scott that made the show. (These statements are not directed at you needforcreed, just talking in general)

I was watching a bootleg last night and it was Scott that "covered" all bases in the show and walked the "catwalk". During some songs you couldn't even hear Scott because the audience knew all the words. Amazing is all I have to say about Scott's stage presence.

People can hate Creed all the want - but they sold millions of CD's and played to sold-out shows night after night.

I have been to literally hundreds of concerts and there are only a few bands that really have that "Magic". Creed was one of them.

Will Mark, Scott P., Brian and Myles have that? I don't think to the same degree. Mark will always be a great guitar player but Myles just doesn't do anything for me. I'll get the CD and probably see them live, if it's convenient for me. But, it will never be the same, never.

There is just something about Scott that draws people in. AB will be in Creed's shadow for a long time.

But Pearl Jam was (although i don't know why) was in Creeds shadow til the end!!! That is just the way it is....But AB is a NEW band...not Creed.....the "MAGIC" was with Creed when they were all happy!!!! The magic had been gone from Creed since Human Clay...that is a fact....the "brotherhood" so to speak was broken....
Old 09-21-2004, 02:29 AM   #17
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I think AB is better than Creed

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-21-2004, 08:04 AM   #18
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) I think AB is better than Creed

yep!! I have to say a more experianced and mature band that are tight together.....fantastic music!!!! Waiting for the Voodoo fest!!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:18 AM   #19
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I'm all the way from Sweden, and I saw them live in London!! I've posted a review in the "Concert Review" forum - check it out!! It was the best show I've ever seen - and the guys were all SO nice!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-21-2004, 01:39 PM   #20
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I never understood how people hated them so much. They say it was because of Scott Stapp. Have you ever been to a Creed concert? It was Scott that made the show. (These statements are not directed at you needforcreed, just talking in general)

I was watching a bootleg last night and it was Scott that "covered" all bases in the show and walked the "catwalk". During some songs you couldn't even hear Scott because the audience knew all the words. Amazing is all I have to say about Scott's stage presence.

People can hate Creed all the want - but they sold millions of CD's and played to sold-out shows night after night.

I have been to literally hundreds of concerts and there are only a few bands that really have that "Magic". Creed was one of them.

Will Mark, Scott P., Brian and Myles have that? I don't think to the same degree. Mark will always be a great guitar player but Myles just doesn't do anything for me. I'll get the CD and probably see them live, if it's convenient for me. But, it will never be the same, never.

There is just something about Scott that draws people in. AB will be in Creed's shadow for a long time.

Wow....It sounds like you are trying to say that Stapp made creed and without him they are screwed.....I would argue that tremonti and the gang made creed more than stapp but it doesn't matter, pointless argument.

You have to realize that One day remains is their DEBUT album. Did Creed magically have awesome stage presence and chemistry when they started on My own prison? No they didn't. I would say that Alter bridge has more of an advantage than creed does because they know how the industry works and using this knowledge will have an awesome show. I have heard from people that they are great live just like creed was, makes me wonder who "made" creed......

I also think that AB will sell out stadiums and such just like creed did just give em time......