++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #46
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: News on the single, record, and Steve Karas

Thanks lex...glad to have a source from the Creed camp, hopefully we can get some answers about the release dates.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #47
tuluks
USER INFO »

thanks so much lexmusic... yeah and i like that heavy sound
Old 07-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #48
KaceMN
USER INFO »

Anticipation aside...a tour without an album is completely worthless. I'm a huge Creed fan...I've seen them at least 5 or 6 times. I WILL NOT be attending this tour if I can't sing along with more than 1 new tune. I HATE hearing a song live, in concert, for the first time...it's never quite up to par.

This is undoubtedly the biggest marketing FLOP the band could have ever feared for. Yuck...pathetic...
Old 07-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #49
skyguy86
USER INFO »

wind-ups blunder. the music is basically done recording so hopefully Lex gets us some info soon.

btw welcome to the boards.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #50
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by lexmusic) Ok. I have found out some news... but nothing that most of you do not already know. Spoke with a person close to the camp and they told me, regarding single and album release date, that no date was concrete as of yet. The only solid info is the name of the album, Full Circle. I will be in touch as soon as something new arises. On a side note, I have heard this is by far the heaviest Creed album written to date!!! I do get excited about that!
All the Best,
LexMusic

Lex,
Thanks for the update. On another note, do you have any idea why the NC shows got canceled? I was going to both of them, but now it looks like I'm going to ATL. I figured you might have some additional information.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #51
skyguy86
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by My Sacrifice) Lex,
Thanks for the update. On another note, do you have any idea why the NC shows got canceled? I was going to both of them, but now it looks like I'm going to ATL. I figured you might be have some additional information.
I totally forgot about those! Good job bringing them up, hopefully he mentions them to the band and gets back to us ASAP.

lol I love how everyone has turned to LexMusic lol. Came out of nowhere and no is everyone's best friend. Absolutely brilliant! Thanks again, Lex! We all owe you one big time
Old 07-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #52
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by skyguy86) I totally forgot about those! Good job bringing them up, hopefully he mentions them to the band and gets back to us ASAP.

lol I love how everyone has turned to LexMusic lol. Came out of nowhere and no is everyone's best friend. Absolutely brilliant! Thanks again, Lex! We all owe you one big time

Amen to that!
Old 07-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #53
skyguy86
USER INFO »

haha now we r all waiting the next update, hopefully with more info
Old 07-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #54
KaceMN
USER INFO »

Again...I love the Creed dudes and can't wait for this new music.

What I'm going to say next will probably tick off a bunch of moralists...but I think if the band has any cohones at all, they'd stick it to the f*cking morons at Windup by 'accidentally' leaking the new music to the bit-torrent world in early August.

Now before you jump all over me for the ethics behind my statement...think about it from a marketing standpoint. In this day and age...bands are making their money from ticket sales, not album sales. For smaller bands, tours promote album sales and recognition. Creed, on the other hand, already has the recognition and needs an album to drive ticket sales.

In the past 5 years, this band has lost more fans than it has gained, and continues to be more of a punchline than anything else...a good album is the only thing that's going to win back former supporters and inspire new ones; and without that boost, the summer tour will surely be a flop, drawing nothing but a bunch of drunk, overweight women in their thirties.

If anyone, be it Windup or Creed, plans on making any money off this tour...the album has to be accessible by the middle of August, or the tour postponed until fall/winter.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #55
skyguy86
USER INFO »

^^^Yeah. I mean album sales in general have lost serious ground since Creed departed. Be it thru mega download sites like iTunes or the many bittorrent sites available, albums have taken a backseat when it comes to making money for the band. Now, I'm like a lot of people and just have to have the physical cd, but not everyone is like that

Now, my idea for Creed would get this album out now. BUT not thru download sites. ie dont sell the album on itunes, amazon, or other download sites (i know amazon ships actual albums too but they have a download section as well). This will force people to buy the album, hence boosting sales. But to help build up to that to make sure they DO in fact sell a ton of albums, wind up needs to get off their asses and start promoting this thing. I mean, the band's website, myspace, facebook, etc can only do so much. Wind-Up needs to start promoting in about 2 months ago. And the single needs to get as much air time as possible along with the band doing as many TV gigs as possible WITH new music. If people hear the new music, they'll want more. And that'll make people go and buy the album.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #56
ABYanks
USER INFO »

^^ iTunes and Amazon counts towards album sales. Thats the best bet right now because it will still count and the album will be available faster, to make physical copies and ship them to the stores and all that takes way longer than throwing it on iTunes.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:34 AM   #57
skyguy86
USER INFO »

well idc what form the new music is in, physical, download, whatever, it needs to come out 3 weeks ago.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #58
Agent D
USER INFO »

Haha yeah, it's a silly idea to not sell the album on various online outlets such as iTunes. I hate to say it but if anything were to get phased out, it's the physical album. But both sell well-enough that neither would be ignored for Full Circle.

Anyway, it looks like we've got a long wait ahead of us, at least for the full album. Hopefully the single will come soon to whet our appetites.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #59
skyguy86
USER INFO »

i hope so
Old 07-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #60
username
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by lexmusic) Ok. I have found out some news... but nothing that most of you do not already know. Spoke with a person close to the camp and they told me, regarding single and album release date, that no date was concrete as of yet. The only solid info is the name of the album, Full Circle. I will be in touch as soon as something new arises. On a side note, I have heard this is by far the heaviest Creed album written to date!!! I do get excited about that!
All the Best,
LexMusic

OK, so it's much heavier... then what's to distinguish Creed music from Alter Bridge now? Other than the obvious fact that one has an awesome vocalist who can also play a mean guitar, of course. (and just to end the confusion, I'm not referring to Stapp)
________
Chevrolet Traverse
________
Vaporizer Manufacturer

Last edited by username : 08-16-2011 at 01:59 AM.