++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-08-2006, 08:45 AM   #46
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Mark's singing

Oh no! I've been crossed off of Uncertain's oh-so-exclusive list! Whatever shall I do?!?

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-08-2006, 10:01 AM   #47
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

I would crossed you out to... IF I had any list :P

Come on! Stapp #1!!!?
Old 03-08-2006, 02:02 PM   #48
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

What kind of crap IS that Titan? His voice is in his prime was nowhere near Chris or Myles at ANY point in their careers (not to mention there is nothing SPECIAL about his voice. it is totally generic), his lyrics suck terribly, i mean, what on Earth is there to like about Stapp's ability? Much less saying it's better than the two best singers in rock.

I always thought you were a bit strange about Stapp but now I know you are nuts!
Old 03-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #49
Agent D
USER INFO »

Oh, Uncertain. How I've missed you.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #50
titan9
USER INFO »

*Sigh* If I may confess, I was a bit out of my mind yesterday.

Anyway, if I may explain somethings. To be honest, when posed the question of who I'd want as my frontman, I took more than just vocal ability into consideration. Yes, being able to hit some impressive notes is important, but so is stage presence as well as lyrical ability. I've watched a ton of Creed bootlegs and Alter Bridge bootlegs, and I just recently got ahold of some videos from Stapp's recent concerts. And I've seen some live Audioslave stuff as well.

Anyway, from my point of view, out of the three mentioned, Stapp had and still has(based on the recent videos) the best stage presence. He just has a lot of charisma up on stage and still seems to be able to hit some notes and sound decent. And while Myles is my favorite vocalist and I think he is truly an amazing singer, I hesitate in saying he is my favorite frontman because, really, he lacks the charisma on stage and the stage presence, imo. Cornell is still an amazing singer, but at this stage in his career, I wouldn't take him as my frontman. So I said Stapp for the following reasons: 1. he seems to be a natural frontman; he just has that awesome stage presence that many better vocalists don't have 2. he's very charismatic and 3. he is capable of writing really good lyrics(though he hasn't written anything great, in my book, since the MOP days). The fact is, if I'm forming a rock band, I want my frontman to be someone who is charismatic and can interact with the crowd. It doesn't mean squat if all he can do is hit high notes....he needs to be a complete frontman in that he can sing decently/good, write decent/good lyrics and have charisma and interact with the fans. Stapp has all of this in my book, hence why I picked him out of the three mentioned.

But to be honest, if I could have any frontman, I'd probably pick Bono above everyone else.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #51
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) But to be honest, if I could have any frontman, I'd probably pick Bono above everyone else.

Now you're off my list lol.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:32 PM   #52
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

I think you just continue to dig yourself a bigger hole, Titan...
Old 03-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #53
titan9
USER INFO »

Perhaps in your eyes I am. But I guess I just appreciate the overall product more than just one aspect of it. Myles is a better SINGER than Stapp, there is no denying that. But, when I look at the two subjectively and judge their abilities as frontmen, I'd have to go with Stapp because of his overall ability. I know you disagree, being the anti-Stapp person that you are() but, that's just my point of view.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #54
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) But to be honest, if I could have any frontman, I'd probably pick Bono above everyone else.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 03-09-2006, 04:48 AM   #55
altered
USER INFO »

Anybody putting a serious band together right now, would take Myles over Scott.He has an extreme amount of stage presence, you havnt been to a show if you think different, He would be alot easier to work with and gets a long with his band mates,he can write music and lyrics, he can give an added dimension with his guitar playing, he is not going to get in trouble and make an ass out of himself, he is a giving person and not selfish, he respects his fans and cares about them and oh yeah, he has an incredible voice.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:29 AM   #56
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

You took the words out of my mouth Altered!
Old 03-09-2006, 09:39 AM   #57
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Perhaps in your eyes I am. But I guess I just appreciate the overall product more than just one aspect of it. Myles is a better SINGER than Stapp, there is no denying that. But, when I look at the two subjectively and judge their abilities as frontmen, I'd have to go with Stapp because of his overall ability. I know you disagree, being the anti-Stapp person that you are() but, that's just my point of view.

Frontman? FRONTMAN!? Being a frontman also involves a certain measure of credibility. Something which Stapp has NONE of...
Old 03-09-2006, 09:40 AM   #58
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) You took the words out of my mouth Altered!

And you took the words out of mine.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #59
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) What kind of crap IS that Titan? His voice is in his prime was nowhere near Chris or Myles at ANY point in their careers (not to mention there is nothing SPECIAL about his voice. it is totally generic), his lyrics suck terribly, i mean, what on Earth is there to like about Stapp's ability? Much less saying it's better than the two best singers in rock.

I always thought you were a bit strange about Stapp but now I know you are nuts!

Stapp has a great voice. He and Myles are just 2 different singers. Myles has a high pitched voice and Stapps is a lot lower. You can't compare the 2 because they have 2 different styles. Just admit what you really mean by this post. You hate Stapp. Thats it. I wonder why you even liked Creed to begin with if Stapp has such a terrible voice and his lyrics suck? The lyrics on his new album are not as good as they were with Creed but I think they will improve on his next album. The new album is great though. Every song on it is great. AB's lyrics weren't as good as they were in Creed either. AB's lyrics aren't as good as Stapp's new album either. I like both bands. Alter Bridge has great guitar solos. Myles voice is ok but personally I like Stapp's voice better. But I know that I really can't compare the 2. Its just going to be a personal preference thing.
Matthew 11:30
His yoke is easy and his burden is light

Last edited by Justify : 03-09-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:42 AM   #60
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by altered) Anybody putting a serious band together right now, would take Myles over Scott.He has an extreme amount of stage presence, you havnt been to a show if you think different, He would be alot easier to work with and gets a long with his band mates,he can write music and lyrics, he can give an added dimension with his guitar playing, he is not going to get in trouble and make an ass out of himself, he is a giving person and not selfish, he respects his fans and cares about them and oh yeah, he has an incredible voice.

I haven't been to an AB concert so I can't speak for Myles. (I would love to go and hope they come around my area again) My guess is that he does have a great stage presence. Scott has an extraordinary stage presence though. Anybody who has ever been to a Creed concert knows that. And anybody who has been to one of his new concerts certainly knows it. Stapp is more involved with the fans at the concerts now and you can tell he puts everythings he's got into it. Scott is better off now with his Solo career and Mark, Flip and Brian are better off with AB. All are happy now because they are with people they can get along with.
Matthew 11:30
His yoke is easy and his burden is light