++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 02-06-2003, 02:04 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Metallica tour

IT'S OFFICIAL!! | 02/05/2003 << GO BACK

FOR IMMEDATE RELEASE
February 5th, 2003

METALLICA, LIMP BIZKIT and LINKIN PARK COMMITTED to the SANITARIUM
Rock fans rejoice! Three of the music world's greatest, most vital bands are joining forces for one of the most compelling tours in rock history, the Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003. Metallica, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park come together for this once-in-a-lifetime live extravaganza that will kick off this coming summer, with all 3 bands playing headline length sets. The 3 groups are also delivering new albums to coincide with this unprecedented juggernaut throughout the U.S. The Summer Sanitarium Tour is slated to officially begin on July 4th. Metallica's inaugural Summer Sanitarium tour - which trekked across the U.S. in a series of sold out shows in the summer of 2000 - was one of the most successful concert events of that year, and featured some of the biggest names in rock, including Metallica, Korn, Kid Rock and System Of A Down.

For Metallica, who will be delivering their first studio album in more than five years this summer, the tour will mark their first appearance on American stages since 2000's Summer Sanitarium run. With more than 85 million albums sold worldwide, and holding down gold or platinum certifications in more than 40 countries, Metallica enters their third decade at the top of their game, largely regarded as one of the most influential groups in music history. Since their inception in 1981 the group has broken countless records, garnered numerous awards including 6 Grammys and engaged in several history-charting performances, including a groundbreaking appearance with the San Francisco Symphony in 1999. Their much anticipated new disc - their 8th studio album - entitled St. Anger, will be in stores on June 10th and is their first studio release since 1997's Re-Load, which debuted at #1 in 12 countries around the world and has sold more than 12 million albums worldwide to date.

Limp Bizkit, led by multi-talented frontman Fred Durst burst on to the rock scene in 1997 with their masterpiece, Three Dollar Bill, Y'all$, and are credited with single-handedly re-invigorating the rock genre by changing the face of alternative and rock radio. Having sold 28 million albums worldwide with just 3 studio releases, their last studio album Chocolate Starfish and The Hot Dog Flavored Water, sold 13 million copies worldwide and is certified platinum in 33 countries. It is the only rock record in the history of Sound Scan to sell over 1 million copies in its first week of sales. The band's long awaited follow up, Lessismore is tentatively set to be released May of 2003.

Linkin Park became the biggest selling band of 2001 with more than 8 million albums sold for their acclaimed album Hybrid Theory. Hailed by critics and fans alike as one of rock's most important new forces, the band refuses to be pigeonholed as 'just' a rock band, describing their sound as a 'cross-section of many genres', including alternative rock, hip hop and electronic. For the past eighteen months Linkin Park has been hard at work on Meteora, their new album on Warner Bros. Records due March 25th, 2003. Produced by Don Gilmore and Linkin Park, Meteora features Linkin Park's new single 'Somewhere I Belong,' which will be released to radio in late February.

In addition, Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003 is proud to announce Deftones and Mudvayne to the line-up. Deftones are currently putting the finishing touches on their as yet untitled 4th record once again produced by Terry Date. The record will be released this June. Mudvayne, The Peoria, Illinois, quartet are supporting their second album, The End of All Things To Come following the gold success of their debut L.D. 50..

In no particular order, here are the confirmed cities for Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003. Specific dates to be confirmed later. Most of these shows will go on sale February 22nd. Stay tuned!

Minneapolis
St. Louis
Orlando
Philadelphia
New York
Boston
Columbus
Montreal
Dallas
Houston
Seattle
Denver
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Detroit
Toronto
Washington /Baltimore
Chicago

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 02-06-2003, 02:26 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Not crazy about the other bands, but I would love to Metallica.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:37 PM   #3
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I thought it was kind of strange for them to be touring together. We were all talking about it at work. They shouldn't be grouped together because Metallica Rocks and the other 2 are just a lot of noise. Just my opinion!
Old 02-07-2003, 01:44 PM   #4
JenRN
USER INFO »
I have seen Metallica in concert and would love to again!!! I agree not real thrilled with seeing Fred Durst or the others. Hmmm.... I bet this show my husband would go to with me, he likes System of the Down and Mudvayne and unfortunatly the rest! I guess I will see Metallica and then leave to go get a drink or something(yeah right) This would be a wicked pit experience YIKES!!!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-07-2003, 02:26 PM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Metallica: ok
Limp Bizkit: eww
Linkin Park: argh!
Old 02-07-2003, 02:33 PM   #6
Lechium
USER INFO »
Alright, when Tallica was touring with Kid Rock and SOAD it was sorta col cuz both were fresh and there was somethign new about them.

But now... OK I knew Tallica was dead for me when they made a song with Ja Rule, but this has really exeeded my expectations of how low they could sink. Tallica, the band that used to be pro underground, and anti-maintream/mtv, now does whatever it takes to hold on to popularity, by becomming MTV's sweethearts. Sad.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:41 PM   #7
GeeK_2004
USER INFO »
Lechium: I like your avatar!!!

So break yourself against my stones
And spit your pity in my soul
You never needed any help
You sold me out to save yourself
And I won't listen to your shame
You ran away - you're all the same
Angels lie to keep control...
My love was punished long ago
If you still care, don't ever let me know
If you still care, don't ever let me know...

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Old 02-07-2003, 06:03 PM   #8
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
Alright, when Tallica was touring with Kid Rock and SOAD it was sorta col cuz both were fresh and there was somethign new about them.

But now... OK I knew Tallica was dead for me when they made a song with Ja Rule, but this has really exeeded my expectations of how low they could sink. Tallica, the band that used to be pro underground, and anti-maintream/mtv, now does whatever it takes to hold on to popularity, by becomming MTV's sweethearts. Sad.

A lot of people I work with feel that way. They listen to more metal music, that isn't heard of mainly. They have the advantage of listening before buying because they work in a music store, but they really didn't think that Metallica was up to par either. They hear about the music they listen to through a certain magazine, that I cannot remember the name, but nothing mainstream. I thought that they had the strongest opinions about this.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:20 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
The black album is the last Metallica one I bought. I haven't really liked anything after that. I still would like to see them, though.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:38 PM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I heard somewhere that that Lars guy is a f***ing Nazi. Any truth to that?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 02-07-2003, 09:41 PM   #11
jango
USER INFO »
Tallica? Oh my. Is that what the hip crowd calls them now?

Anyway, no interest in anything that involves Fred Durst and Lars Ulrich in the same facility. Thanks, but no thanks.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 02-07-2003, 09:47 PM   #12
JenRN
USER INFO »
I would go if it was just Metallica, I have seen them before and they rocked. But I really can't stand Fred Durst, even before the issues with him and Stapp, he is just a punk!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-07-2003, 09:51 PM   #13
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I thought the same thing, Jango. The "M-e" is just to difficult to throw in there, I guess!
Old 02-07-2003, 10:11 PM   #14
Lechium
USER INFO »
Actually Durst is a smart guy. No matter how much I disliek him and his music, you gotta admit that he has a) talent for scouting bands who recieve commercial success (staind, puddle of mudd) B) he's just a good businessman, cuz otherwise he wouldnt get one of the top chairs in Interscope Records.

I'd never pay do see him live thou.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:13 PM   #15
Lechium
USER INFO »
P.S. Metallica was called 'Tallica for longest time, from way back 80ies really.

And I dunno if Lars is a nazi, but he's a horribel drummer for sure -- I heard he takes crazy amount fo takes in studio to get beat right, and is pretty monotonous live. Also he has major ego problems.