++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-26-2004, 08:01 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Alter Bridge bringing back the solo!

i posted this over at the AB board but i thought i'ld post this here as well.

Now mainstream rock radio at the moment is filled with these "pop-punk" bands who can barely play one fast muted chord over and over. What am i hoping for (and i'm sure the band is as well) is that Alter Bridge along with bands such as Velvet Revolver can be part of a mini-revolution that makes people forget about Simple Plan, Good Charlotte and the like and embrace bands who can play their instruements.
*puts on best arnie accent*
Come on Mark become the Terminator and rid the world of these crappy bands, you are back. What did Arnie say to Mozart? I'll be Bach!

As long as the shredding is contained in "catchy" songs then I think its a distinct possiblity, as long as the marketing is done properly. VR can do it with Slither and other songs off Contraband and Alter Bridge can also be part of the action. Audioslave is also bringing out an album later this year and Tom Morello, Slash and Mark Tremonti rocking the airwaves!

As a very handy by-product Myles could also make having a singer who can do just that a mandatory part of the pie, not a handy extra!

Who's with me?

Can I get an Amen?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-26-2004, 08:16 AM   #2
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) i posted this over at the AB board but i thought i'ld post this here as well.

Now mainstream rock radio at the moment is filled with these "pop-punk" bands who can barely play one fast muted chord over and over. What am i hoping for (and i'm sure the band is as well) is that Alter Bridge along with bands such as Velvet Revolver can be part of a mini-revolution that makes people forget about Simple Plan, Good Charlotte and the like and embrace bands who can play their instruements.
*puts on best arnie accent*
Come on Mark become the Terminator and rid the world of these crappy bands, you are back. What did Arnie say to Mozart? I'll be Bach!

As long as the shredding is contained in "catchy" songs then I think its a distinct possiblity, as long as the marketing is done properly. VR can do it with Slither and other songs off Contraband and Alter Bridge can also be part of the action. Audioslave is also bringing out an album later this year and Tom Morello, Slash and Mark Tremonti rocking the airwaves!

As a very handy by-product Myles could also make having a singer who can do just that a mandatory part of the pie, not a handy extra!

Who's with me?

Can I get an Amen?

AMEN!!!
Old 05-26-2004, 08:38 AM   #3
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
I had no idea you were the same person.....lmao!

I'm slow that way.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:52 AM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) I had no idea you were the same person.....lmao!

I'm slow that way.

thats cool, name is completely different, i could tell you were one and the same! any more amens from the congregation?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-26-2004, 09:39 AM   #5
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Amen.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:41 AM   #6
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Whoa, dude. Those are like my three favorite bands (even though I have yet to hear Alterbridge)!!!

It's nice to see the real fans sticking around who are all about the music. With Alterbridge, we now know the people who were real Creed fans all along from the chicks that just think Stapp is hot.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:46 AM   #7
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) Whoa, dude. Those are like my three favorite bands (even though I have yet to hear Alterbridge)!!!

It's nice to see the real fans sticking around who are all about the music. With Alterbridge, we now know the people who were real Creed fans all along from the chicks that just think Stapp is hot.

about your last comment there will be many who will follow Stapp and not pay attention to Alter Bridge and vice versa. While I think everyone should support both we shouldnt have a superiority complex!

anyhow back to the topic on hand i'm expecting these three bands's albums

AB
VR
Audioslave

to be my fav albums of the year, straight-up rock with bands who's talent levels should be illlegal. old style rock and roll the way it should be! lets hope such bands make pop-punk and nu-metal redundant!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-26-2004, 09:57 AM   #8
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) AB
VR
Audioslave

... straight-up rock with bands who's talent levels should be illlegal.

That's a great quote!!!!
Old 05-26-2004, 10:00 AM   #9
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
ummm yeah

Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) Whoa, dude. Those are like my three favorite bands (even though I have yet to hear Alterbridge)!!!

Sooo...your saying that the fans who are excited about Alter Bridge, posting on message boards loudly proclaiming that support are the REAL fans who are there only for the music? hahaaa...yeah....ok dude! There are just as many chicks out there who are there because they think Tremonti is hot....even though they will loudly proclaim it's all about the music for them. When how could it be about the music when 99% of the people out here haven't heard a damn note of it???
Old 05-26-2004, 10:03 AM   #10
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
No, I am absolutely correct.

Screw the people who like bands because the people in them are attractive. I pity anybody like that...those people who spend more time looking at the album cover and pictures inside than listening to the cd.

I can fully expect this new band to be decent because I know their skill as musicians. There probably are a lot of poser chicks here that think Tremonti is hot and that's why they "love" the idea of this new band. Well, I tell them to go somewhere else and go follow Justin Timberlake. I am an 18 year old guy who has been a Creed fan longer than most people here and these kind of people piss me off.

Last edited by Hellboy : 05-26-2004 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 05-26-2004, 10:12 AM   #11
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
huh?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) No, I am absolutely correct. And by the way...Pearl Jam sucks.

Screw the people who like bands because the people in them are attractive. I pity anybody like that...those people who spend more time looking at the album cover and pictures inside than listening to the cd.

what does Pearl Jam have to do with my reply?
Old 05-26-2004, 10:14 AM   #12
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Mertie, I have to agree with you. (I know, don't pass out. )

There are those that oooh and ahhh over Tremo just much as some do over Stapp. And there are those who will follow Stapp because they appreciate him as a performer. I think it cuts both ways.

I do think though that most people are excited over AB because of Tremo's past work and their banking on his talent as a guitarist and song writer.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:15 AM   #13
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Nevermind. And you all know Stapp's solo CD is gonna completely suck.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:17 AM   #14
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Hellboy, please don't make blanket statements about what people know or don't know. If you're going to make an intelligent argument fine, but please don't tell me what I know.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:21 AM   #15
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) Mertie, I have to agree with you. (I know, don't pass out. )

There are those that oooh and ahhh over Tremo just much as some do over Stapp. And there are those who will follow Stapp because they appreciate him as a performer. I think it cuts both ways.

I do think though that most people are excited over AB because of Tremo's past work and their banking on his talent as a guitarist and song writer.

**passes out** JK

I'm looking forward to hearing Tremo's work too And looking forward to Stapps as well. I think it will be exciting to hear the differences in both their efforts.