++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-12-2004, 12:12 AM   #106
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) But, Ann, what if your opinions are completely ignorant? Here is a reality check for you... you do not know Stapp, Brian, Mark and Flip personally. You have no clue as to what caused the breakup of Creed except what has been spoon fed to you in the media on both sides. What you have seen in the media is about 10% of the reason of the breakup of Creed. That being said, you choose to judge these guys based on a thin sliver of facts that you have read. I'm sorry Ann, but that is ignorant to me.

That would be like me being pissed at Jennifer Lopez for breaking up with Ben Affleck. Or maybe it was the other way around? Who the hell knows and who the hell cares. Let it go and fucking move on, Ann. As I said, Creed is dead and will never play again. Take that to the bank.

I take it you think that the Alter Bridge guys are being hard on Stapp in the media? I laugh at that. Again, since you have no clue as to what really happened, you would not know how kind they are being to him. You do not know how kind management is being to him by keeping their mouths shut even after they have been slagged by him, completely unfairly, in the media. Believe me when I say that Stapp is probably ecstatic about how the interviews with Alter Bridge have gone so far. Stapp knows that things could be a million times worse. The only reason Stapp has not gone after the guys is because he knows his career would be over. And with that, my rant ends.

How do we know your comments are accurate. Of course you will say these things Mark is your brother and he is still with the same management.
At the end of the day the dirty laundry should have been keep out of the media because it hurts AB, Stapp, Management and the Record Label but at the end of the day it hurts the fans most of all. Personally I think in any break up everyone is to blame it is always two sides to story.

Last edited by Dogstar : 10-12-2004 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:30 AM   #107
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Creed was huge, and you can't expect the questions to go unanswered forever. That's just reality
Old 10-12-2004, 12:37 AM   #108
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Musiclover ... Don't you know that the entire break up is Scott's fault? It is foolish of you to think that there are 2 sides to every story. Don't you know that Michael's criptic "Scott is bad but I can't tell you why" posts are really just his way of protecting Scott so that we all don't find out that he (Scott) is really the spawn of the devil??
Old 10-12-2004, 12:38 AM   #109
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Ummmmm, since when did the media ever give any interview without posting dirty laundry of some sort?
It's the friggin media, theyre going to make a mountain out of every damn molehill they can find....
Personally, I think what HAS been said isn't much....
Like I think Dogstar (correct me if I'm wrong) said, If you don't like what the stories say, just don't read them.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 10-12-2004, 12:38 AM   #110
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Creed was huge, and you can't expect the questions to go unanswered forever. That's just reality

But we still really don't know the truth and will never now the truth. AB, management will say one thing and Stapp will say another it's just like a divorce. When my parents got a divorce the things that were said was out of emotion and there was alot of hate on both sides and each side really believed in what they were saying because that's human that is how you feel at the time. Know seven years later they get along and acknowledge each others mistakes and it is the same in this case. I'm not saying they will get back together but who would have ever thought that Creed would ever break up or from a personal point view at the time of my parents divorce I would have never thought they would speak again in a kind matter. However, I take what Stapp says and what AB says and just believe half is true and half is not and just wish them luck.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:39 AM   #111
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Heh, that was Teri, I think, fluttergirl, but I totally agree .

Creedlvr, there ARE two sides to every story, but most of the Stapp supporters don't seem to think so, at least not some of those who post here.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:41 AM   #112
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Musiclover ... Don't you know that the entire break up is Scott's fault? It is foolish of you to think that there are 2 sides to every story. Don't you know that Michael's criptic "Scott is bad but I can't tell you why" posts are really just his way of protecting Scott so that we all don't find out that he (Scott) is really the spawn of the devil??

I hear you Creedlover it's no use. I think I will just enjoy the music of both Stapp and AB because I think they all are very talented and good people.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:42 AM   #113
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
don't you guys want to know what happened at least to a certain extent? i'm not convinced if it was the other way the same people would have the same opinion. perhaps michael is biased but he obviously knows more than everyone else here combined so i would rather take his word then everyone else. if someone close to stapp came on the board and told us differently then i would reason to reconsider but until then.....
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 10-12-2004, 12:42 AM   #114
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Musiclover ... Don't you know that the entire break up is Scott's fault? It is foolish of you to think that there are 2 sides to every story. Don't you know that Michael's criptic "Scott is bad but I can't tell you why" posts are really just his way of protecting Scott so that we all don't find out that he (Scott) is really the spawn of the devil??
Creedlvr, don't you know Stapp is a saint? Still attacthed to the cross and all?
Geez, this is why it's so hard to even come here.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 10-12-2004, 12:52 AM   #115
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) don't you guys want to know what happened at least to a certain extent? i'm not convinced if it was the other way the same people would have the same opinion. perhaps michael is biased but he obviously knows more than everyone else here combined so i would rather take his word then everyone else. if someone close to stapp came on the board and told us differently then i would reason to reconsider but until then.....

Sure it's human that we want to know but if they just came out and said creative differences between the members and if the media ask if they are still friends say that we are going in different directions so are not in direct contact with each other something along those lines. Because at the end of the day it's the music business and protects everyone interest and the fans relate to it better. Then all this back and forth every interview that comes out people are fighting, gossip and rumors etc. it's terrible.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:52 AM   #116
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Heh, that was Teri, I think, fluttergirl, but I totally agree .

Creedlvr, there ARE two sides to every story, but most of the Stapp supporters don't seem to think so, at least not some of those who post here.
I disagree that "most" of the Stapp supporters don't think there are 2 sides to every story ... perhaps there are some ... and perhaps there are some Mark supporters that think the same way.

From what I've read, most of the Stapp supporters have never said Scott is not partially to blame. I think it is obvious that he does hold a lot of the blame ... no one is denying that. Even he himself has admitted that. I think it just gets frustrating when "some" ... not all ... imply he is the ONLY one to blame. And posts like Michael's just make it worse.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:54 AM   #117
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: But, Ann, what if your opinions are completely ignorant? Here is a reality check for you... you do not know Stapp, Brian, Mark and Flip personally.

I have NEVER claimed to know what has exactly happened on a personal level...Michael...nor claimed that i know/knew any of the members of Creed on any level...

you ask WHAT IF my opinions are ignorant? Then i guess you better be asking that SAME question about anyone else that doesn't agree with the Majority and post their disagreements with what is being said as well...

my opinions are my own personal observations, whether they are correct or not...so be it...the point is they are observations of what shows from the public point of view...

as for judging anyone...that, is something i haven't done either...actually i really do understand that there is more than meets the eye...but that is between them and stapp...it is NOT my business or anyone elses for that matter as to what it was that was the cause of all that has come to pass....and i have said so many times.

why should my insiginificant observations bother you so much....when so many others are out there posting basically the same thing?...Want me to move on?...is that another way of telling me to "Watch My Words"?...or just "Shut Up"?

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 10-12-2004 at 02:21 AM.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:55 AM   #118
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) I disagree that "most" of the Stapp supporters don't think there are 2 sides to every story ... perhaps there are some ... and perhaps there are some Mark supporters that think the same way.

From what I've read, most of the Stapp supporters have never said Scott is not partially to blame. I think it is obvious that he does hold a lot of the blame ... no one is denying that. Even he himself has admitted that. I think it just gets frustrating when "some" ... not all ... imply he is the ONLY one to blame. And posts like Michael's just make it worse.

I agree. It brings more divison than unity.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:18 AM   #119
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) Sure it's human that we want to know but if they just came out and said creative differences between the members and if the media ask if they are still friends say that we are going in different directions so are not in direct contact with each other something along those lines. Because at the end of the day it's the music business and protects everyone interest and the fans relate to it better. Then all this back and forth every interview that comes out people are fighting, gossip and rumors etc. it's terrible.

because they is not what has seemed to happen. creative differences have not being cited as the reasons mark and flip went their own way, got brian back and found a different singer. personality conflicts is to blame it at least seems and they other guys no longer wish to have a relationship with scott. there is holding back which has to happen but you also have to give your fans a clear and truthful picture of what happened.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 10-12-2004, 01:31 AM   #120
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) because they is not what has seemed to happen. creative differences have not being cited as the reasons mark and flip went their own way, got brian back and found a different singer. personality conflicts is to blame it at least seems and they other guys no longer wish to have a relationship with scott. there is holding back which has to happen but you also have to give your fans a clear and truthful picture of what happened.

Well I agree to disagree to a point. I think that it was alot of reasons personality was just one and like I said before each side has there view point which is to be expected. Stapp has his viewpoint and AB has there it's only natural like I stated before I believe half from both camps and the truth is somewhere in the middle.