++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: Was the USA founded on Christianity?
Because I have been a good person. 3 23.08%
I kept the ten commandments, the Golden Rule and have not done anything majorly wrong. 0 0%
I was baptized, and I give a lot of money to the poor and other good thing like that. I led a life that was full of good things. 1 7.69%
Because I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that You sent Him down to earth to die for us on the cross. By doing that He took away my sins and forgave me of them. And I believe that. 9 69.23%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2003, 06:10 PM   #31
jango
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
I dont try to please anyone. Aside of myself. I try to look for what things are really like in spiritual world/afterlife. Accepting just one view limits me. So I look into what different people think, and try to figure things out.

Figuratively speaking, and I explore the world, and you live in a village and all exploation you do is in few mile radius.

Not so. By "limiting" your radius, you truly appreciate your surroundings, figuratively speaking. I find it hard to understand how people can pick and choose what parts of each religion they'd like to follow. Lazy really. Kind of like reading a book but deciding you'd like to skip a few chapters because you don't agree entirely. Do you serve a purpose in reading the book? No. If you're going to be religious, fine, be religious but serve a purpose. If you're going to be agnostic, fine, but be 100% agnostic. This halfway junk just wastes your own time.

What you deem things are "really like" is your own interpretation. If this is your religion, so be it. Be into that 110% and don't debate with others that have chosen just as yourself to truly follow one way or another. All you're doing in this instance is causing undue stress to those confident and set in their ways, you however, are not.

I love my religion with every fiber in my bone. I accept it all, though I often question and find answers. You, however, seem to question and leave, expecting religion to assimilate to your own liking, rather than seeking religion for a purpose.

I mean not to offend, as that would seemingly undermine everything a charitable religion would stand for, but in my experience, those who pull from each religion never go anywhere and only bring others down. This goes for the secular world as well, without commitment, you serve no purpose. Period.

Now if you'd like to debate theologically, I'm more than willing to do so. However, if you're going to constantly attempt to force religion to conform to your life, I'm out.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 03-02-2003, 11:42 PM   #32
souldancer
USER INFO »
I thought I had a headache before I came to this thread...now I really do . No offense, guys...Keep going. Time for some more meds.. Maybe I will ask my niece about the Pilgrims and see what she says...
Old 03-03-2003, 04:01 PM   #33
Weathered
USER INFO »
wheres it say that in the bible
Old 03-07-2003, 07:23 PM   #34
Weathered
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
and you´re saying it based on what???

btw, there´s no such thing like Hell in the Bible. Not even afterlife. The Bible says death is just like sleeping, but without being aware of it.

When Christ comes back, then he´ll ressurect the deads and take them to Heaven, along with those who won´t taste death.

i ment....wheres it say that in the bible
Old 03-07-2003, 08:36 PM   #35
Lechium
USER INFO »
Hmmm there are dozens if not hundreds of versions of the Bible (kida funny that many people say that Bible is an exact word of God, when it says on the cover "king James version")... some versions say that Mary was not a virgin, some say that Jesus had a sister... Satanic Bible is also "bible" by the way, eventhough it does not mention God, Devil (yes Stanaists do not belive in Devil), Jesus or anyone from the original bible...
Old 03-07-2003, 09:42 PM   #36
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
<b>Hmmm there are dozens if not hundreds of versions of the Bible (kida funny that many people say that Bible is an exact word of God, when it says on the cover "king James version")... some versions say that Mary was not a virgin, some say that Jesus had a sister... Satanic Bible is also "bible" by the way, eventhough it does not mention God, Devil (yes Stanaists do not belive in Devil), Jesus or anyone from the original bible... </b>
Satanic bible Please Just because there are many versions of the bible doesn't mean that they didn't hear from God of what to put in it
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 03-07-2003, 10:31 PM   #37
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Weathered
i ment....wheres it say that in the bible

that was to Leechium not you!
Old 03-07-2003, 10:36 PM   #38
Weathered
USER INFO »
no .......marcos.......i ment what book..chapter.....and verse is that in......where it says that we all go to heaven when God comes back to earth
Old 03-07-2003, 10:42 PM   #39
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
It states it in Revelations some where I really need to get back ta readin more I can't remember where it says it now
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 03-08-2003, 05:02 PM   #40
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Satanic bible &nbsp;Please &nbsp;Just because there are many versions of the bible doesn't mean that they didn't hear from God of what to put in it

What's wrong with Satanic Bible? I havent read it (yet, but eventually), but from what I've learned about Satanism it's a pretty cool phylosophy (not sure if it can be concidered to be actual religion).

P.S. here's something interestign for you: 7th Satanistic sin...

Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies. Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

http://www.breakingyou.com/satanismindex.html more info
Old 03-08-2003, 06:58 PM   #41
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
What's wrong with Satanic Bible? I havent read it (yet, but eventually), but from what I've learned about Satanism it's a pretty cool phylosophy (not sure if it can be concidered to be actual religion).

P.S. here's something interestign for you: 7th Satanistic sin...

Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies. Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

http://www.breakingyou.com/satanismindex.html more info
Whatever man satanists are some very evil people
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 03-08-2003, 10:55 PM   #42
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Whatever man &nbsp;satanists are some very evil people

Do you know any? Or you just heard that from others and assume it yourself?

some satanistic rules:

When in another’s lair (well home -Lech), show him respect or else do not go there.
Do not harm little children.
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
Old 03-09-2003, 04:58 PM   #43
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Do you know any? Or you just heard that from others and assume it yourself?

some satanistic rules:

When in another’s lair (well home -Lech), show him respect or else do not go there.
Do not harm little children.
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
I'm sorry but I will not compromise that satanists about them being bad and evil people! That is where I stand in my beliefs...you believe what you want.
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 03-09-2003, 05:01 PM   #44
Lechium
USER INFO »
Just answer my question -- do you KNOW any Satanists?
Where does your belief come from? Perosnal expericne or what other peoelp told you? If personal expericne please tell me about it.
Old 03-09-2003, 05:39 PM   #45
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I'm just going from what I'm told about them. I don't know anyone like that and if I did kno someone that was a satanist I would avoid them like I avoid brussel sprouts:P I stay away from them kinda people They do very disgusting stuff
alone
All I know
on my own