++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-02-2004, 09:37 AM   #76
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
i really enjoyed the movie. howver, i am not catholic, and there were a whole lot of catholic, and catholic types of scenes. it was very orientated around catholism (sp?). But i sill enjoyed the movie. very deeply moving, very poweful. yeah, who has that baby satan was holding supposed to be? just a demon? but that freaked me out. that image will stay with me for a while. but i think that movie is going to spread the word out about jesus and all that.

but my only real problem with the movie, is that it didn't answer the question "why did jesus have to die." there is a book out my john piper, called, "the passion of the christ, 50 reasons why jesus had to die." really good book. you may want to pick it up.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:56 AM   #77
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) i really enjoyed the movie. howver, i am not catholic, and there were a whole lot of catholic, and catholic types of scenes. it was very orientated around catholism (sp?). But i sill enjoyed the movie. very deeply moving, very poweful. yeah, who has that baby satan was holding supposed to be? just a demon? but that freaked me out. that image will stay with me for a while. but i think that movie is going to spread the word out about jesus and all that.

but my only real problem with the movie, is that it didn't answer the question "why did jesus have to die." there is a book out my john piper, called, "the passion of the christ, 50 reasons why jesus had to die." really good book. you may want to pick it up.
Hugh? You did not get why he died from that movie Really? It was very evident to me.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-02-2004, 12:18 PM   #78
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
the only real mention of the sins of man, was by satan, in the first scene when he was saying to jesus, "do you really think that one man can take onb the full burden of sins?"

but i mean, no where in the movie did it talk about the depravity of man, or his need for a savior. it didn't say, "if you don't believe in christ, you are going to hell" or anything like that.

i know why he had to die, i just didn't get it from the movie. even chuck swindol didn't think the movie answered the question "why?"

does that make more sense?
Old 03-02-2004, 09:39 PM   #79
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) the only real mention of the sins of man, was by satan, in the first scene when he was saying to jesus, "do you really think that one man can take onb the full burden of sins?"

but i mean, no where in the movie did it talk about the depravity of man, or his need for a savior. it didn't say, "if you don't believe in christ, you are going to hell" or anything like that.

i know why he had to die, i just didn't get it from the movie. even chuck swindol didn't think the movie answered the question "why?"

does that make more sense?
Why? For morones Like u And me my friend.............It wasnt the nails that nails that kept him there It Was...LOVE that nailed him to that cross WE DID IT!!!!! he asked of us Love each other the way i have loved you....
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-02-2004, 09:53 PM   #80
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
yeah and also he did it to fulfill the scriptures.
well anyway i'm going to go see it tomorrow so I'll tell y'all what I thought of it.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 03-03-2004, 07:35 AM   #81
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) i really enjoyed the movie. howver, i am not catholic, and there were a whole lot of catholic, and catholic types of scenes. it was very orientated around catholism (sp?). But i sill enjoyed the movie. very deeply moving, very poweful. yeah, who has that baby satan was holding supposed to be? just a demon? but that freaked me out. that image will stay with me for a while. but i think that movie is going to spread the word out about jesus and all that.

Yeh, I could see the Catholicism in it. I dont think it was overpowering though. It had a good mix of scriptural integrity, it was denominationally diverse, and even had a sort of abstract appeal in some scenes. Very good.

Yeh, when satan came with the baby, I got so angry, cos it was like he was walking around jesus while he was getting whipped and mocking Him. See, didnt he look like the virgin mary with child? It was like he was saying, this child that carried the hopes of the world is now a bloody mess on the floor, He is defeated. That was my first impression.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-03-2004, 10:17 AM   #82
creed_freak
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) Why? For morones Like u And me my friend.............It wasnt the nails that nails that kept him there It Was...LOVE that nailed him to that cross WE DID IT!!!!! he asked of us Love each other the way i have loved you....

I think you misunderstood me. I know why Jesus had to die. I have known all my life. But the movie did not tell me why he had to die. it did not give the reasons, even though I already knew why. I am saying, If I wasn't a christian, and I had no idea why jesus had to die, if I watch the movie, I still wouldn't know because the movie doesn't answer the question.

what is so hard to understand about that? and what is up with name calling? i didn't do anything!!
Old 03-03-2004, 09:55 PM   #83
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creed_freak) I think you misunderstood me. I know why Jesus had to die. I have known all my life. But the movie did not tell me why he had to die. it did not give the reasons, even though I already knew why. I am saying, If I wasn't a christian, and I had no idea why jesus had to die, if I watch the movie, I still wouldn't know because the movie doesn't answer the question.

what is so hard to understand about that? and what is up with name calling? i didn't do anything!!
Im sorry if i hurt your Feeings i dont mean nothing by it its just my ways And im sorry that i took you the wrong way it happens....I deeply apolgize too you no hard feelings Rock On!!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-04-2004, 09:01 AM   #84
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) Im sorry if i hurt your Feeings i dont mean nothing by it its just my ways And im sorry that i took you the wrong way it happens....I deeply apolgize too you no hard feelings Rock On!!!!
Is ab$ the same person as creed freak?

Anyways, yeh I understand that it didnt say enough about why Jesus had to die and stuff, but if U understand the whole history of the passion play, the crucifiction is the only thing portrayed in it. It's just part of tradition. That's why the focus was on Jesus dying in The Passion of the Christ movie. In fact, it had alot more than passion plays normally have concerning Jesus' life.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-04-2004, 09:01 PM   #85
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Is ab$ the same person as creed freak?

Anyways, yeh I understand that it didnt say enough about why Jesus had to die and stuff, but if U understand the whole history of the passion play, the crucifiction is the only thing portrayed in it. It's just part of tradition. That's why the focus was on Jesus dying in The Passion of the Christ movie. In fact, it had alot more than passion plays normally have concerning Jesus' life.
Well Said sincirr....Is ab$ the same person As creed freak. will it looks like it. but then again who knows
Old 03-04-2004, 09:58 PM   #86
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
i am creed freak. gives me something else to do. funny - haha, not funny - strange.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:18 AM   #87
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Freaky funny if anything..........................

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-05-2004, 09:18 AM   #88
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
haha, you get it!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:27 AM   #89
GeeK_2004
USER INFO »
My mom and me might go to see the movie tomorrow...

So break yourself against my stones
And spit your pity in my soul
You never needed any help
You sold me out to save yourself
And I won't listen to your shame
You ran away - you're all the same
Angels lie to keep control...
My love was punished long ago
If you still care, don't ever let me know
If you still care, don't ever let me know...

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Old 03-05-2004, 10:41 AM   #90
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
it was a good movie.