++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 12-17-2002, 12:11 AM   #16
Amish Warlord
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
<b>dude... &nbsp;

I think you need more faith to believe in all this evolution crap than the faith needed to believe you were created by a higher form of intelligence and more powerful, which would be God himself.

The things God revealed us are enough for our salvation. Further details aren´t relevant, although He will reveal this "misteries" when we get to Heaven, where we´ll be smarter and stronger. Maybe we just don´t have the capacity to understand His acts, since human race went all downhill after sin. </b>

Which is farther fetched? That there's a magical man in the stars that has all the power in the universe, and created us. But he's so insecure, that he can't stand the thought of us not believeingin him or questioning him, so he threatens us with hell... or.. that over millions of years.... the fittest survived and moved on, while the weak perished and did not reproduced.

of course he didn't provide details.. then he could be proven wrong. Religion is nothing more than crowd control.. and very good control at that. You're made to feel guilty about things you didn't do.. you're made to fear someone you don't know, with no proof he exists, and you're made to give money to the richest entities on the planet. Sounds screwed up to me.

-J

You said life don’t mean a thing
That there’s no reason left to dream
You were wrong, there was grace
You saw the enemy, I saw your face
People like you and I spinnin’ through space
You were wrong, I still have faith
Old 12-17-2002, 12:17 AM   #17
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I feel you can beleive in God without religion. Religion is a lot of what makes things tough when it comes to these topics. People disagree and perceive the bible in different ways and there set of rules outlines their religion. I attend a non-denominational church. I believe in God and feel that you should read from the bible exactly how it states. A lot of religions beleive that the woman should be silent in the church, yet they have women singing in their choir. I don't go to church as often as a should, but I think that there a lot of things taken in so many different ways from the bible that it causes a lot of chaos and a lot of hipocritical statements.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:30 AM   #18
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
I feel you can beleive in God without religion. Religion is a lot of what makes things tough when it comes to these topics. People disagree and perceive the bible in different ways and there set of rules outlines their religion. I attend a non-denominational church. I believe in God and feel that you should read from the bible exactly how it states. A lot of religions beleive that the woman should be silent in the church, yet they have women singing in their choir. I don't go to church as often as a should, but I think that there a lot of things taken in so many different ways from the bible that it causes a lot of chaos and a lot of hipocritical statements.

Holy smokes are you my long lost sister? I feel the same way!!!! I was raised VERY reliously confused form Catholic to Pentacostal! And I felt very torn about what I believe. Every religion has it's own "interpretations" of the bible, how do you know which one is right?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-17-2002, 02:44 PM   #19
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Noone know which is write, or wrong or that if any of them are right.

For all we know We could have been created by some little kid of a super-race that has technology beyond our iaging ation. with liek a universe in can toy. we know nothing. We may be little specks of dust that some over super powerfull race is controling. We may be a game, where several ultamite races make their own planet, people, make us kill the others and see which one is strongest. also i do STRONGLY belive that their are other creaturs out there as smart or smarter than us. God mayby created millions of intellegent races, and at times goes to each one and trys to fix it. Us bing in the year of Jesus. We no nothing we cannot know anything because it is to hard to find out. We may have likved billions of lives before our own right here, but if you just dont remmeber it it would seem as it never happend. All we can do is use what we have ad learn from what we know. And so far we "know" Extremely little.

Do I belive that Jesus came? Yes
Do I belive in God? Yes, definatly
Do I belive that there is ALOT more than we know and that there are countless Things that we have no clue about? Definatly

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 12-17-2002, 09:22 PM   #20
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: Originally posted by Amish Warlord
you're made to fear someone you don't know, with no proof he exists

I don't know what religion you are talking about but the Catholic church I went to growing up as a kid never taught us to fear God. We were taught God is a loving being.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-17-2002, 09:24 PM   #21
AmishGirl
USER INFO »
I asked someone close to me that is a very religious person and this was her explanation in a nutshell...

She says that brothers and sisters having deformed children doesn't happen in all cases. She claims that in reality we ARE all brothers and sisters. That's why when two people (like my mother and step-father who have two autistic sons) who aren't actually related have children with disablities. My mother did nothing wrong during her pregnancies and there is nothing mentally with her...so why did her children come out with disablities? Its something no one really has an answer for. Scientists she said say that deformities happen when cromozones (or however you spell it...I'm quite sick at the moment) get crossed or something like that.

She also says no one really does have the answer to this question..but that is the explaintion that she has heard be said..since my question is a frequently asked one. So I thought I would post this.
Old 12-17-2002, 10:04 PM   #22
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Adam and Eve probably weren't the only family around. Just think how Cain was looked down upon by the rest of society when he was banished for killing his brother. I mean, if Adam and Eve were the only parents, what society would there be to look down upon him? To that end, these people were something of a living metaphor, and it can be argued that God was populating the Earth in several places all at once. It really sort of gives credibility to the idea that evolution fits into creationism. Who's to say that the first 7 days didn't represent 7 periods of time? They might've. Ever heard the expression "this day and age"?
Old 12-17-2002, 11:21 PM   #23
iris69
USER INFO »
Quote: I don't know what religion you are talking about but the Catholic church I went to growing up as a kid never taught us to fear God. We were taught God is a loving being.

you must have been born AFTER vatican II like myself. we have a totally different view of the catholic church than our parents do.

back to creation and evolution. i never understood why they have to be at odds with one another. god created the world...it's just the details that are throwing everyone into a tizzy! the creation story is so much more than just a blueprint of how it happened. it's rich in symbolism and relates all the way to the new testament with jesus being the new adam and mary being the new eve. there is so much more there than just he said this...and it was so.
i don't need to know how we got here...i'm here and i have a purpose and god loves me. and i'm supposed to learn how to love others...that's about it.
when the god of glory who is full of mercy sent his son

merry christmas and peace on earth
Old 12-18-2002, 05:31 PM   #24
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Steve
I don't know what religion you are talking about but the Catholic church I went to growing up as a kid never taught us to fear God. We were taught God is a loving being.

nor did I, and I´m not catholic... I´ve always seen God as a loving being too.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:33 PM   #25
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Read JDM
<b>Adam and Eve probably weren't the only family around. Just think how Cain was looked down upon by the rest of society when he was banished for killing his brother. I mean, if Adam and Eve were the only parents, what society would there be to look down upon him? To that end, these people were something of a living metaphor, and it can be argued that God was populating the Earth in several places all at once. It really sort of gives credibility to the idea that evolution fits into creationism. Who's to say that the first 7 days didn't represent 7 periods of time? They might've. Ever heard the expression "this day and age"? </b>

Adam and Eve had a lot more children than just Cain and Abel. They had boys and girls, who had boys and girls, who had more boys and more girls...
Old 12-19-2002, 09:00 PM   #26
AmishGirl
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
Adam and Eve had a lot more children than just Cain and Abel. They had boys and girls, who had boys and girls, who had more boys and more girls...

Which is the entire point of this thread? If they could do it then...or if it truly ever did happen..why is it forbidden now?
Old 12-19-2002, 10:41 PM   #27
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
why?
coz the intention of they doing was to populate Earth...now Earth is way over populated...that´s why...