++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-10-2014, 05:41 AM   #1
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Daily Bread 4.11.14

"Green BEADS"

I have this patient that cracks me up every time he comes in for care. He is on his last leg but still manages to laugh and think of others before himself and I love him. It is going to break my heart when he goes to be with the LORD.

First day I met him, he began to yawn and when he did his entire body began to tremble. From experience I thought he was having a seizure...scared me...so I am shaking him, yelling...ARE YOU OK? He said "yeah, I was just yawning." I told him to stop that, I thought I was going to have to jump on top of you and do CPR. He said ..."HMMM maybe I will do it again." That would be smart ...wouldn't it?" And he smiled this sheepish grin. (Men...doesnt' matter how old they get.) Regardless...it was love at first treatment.

St. Patricks Day...I open the door and he is sitting there in his wheelchair looking at me with his white hair and dark rimmed glasses, smiling. I wheel him in for care and as I am getting him in his chair, he says to me..."I brought you something."

I will never forget the way he had it tucked in his shirt, he pulled out a long strand of GREEN Mardi Gras beads. LOL! You can only imagine what he wanted me to do for them. Regardless... He gave them to me anyway. I wore those beads all day. Will cherish them always. Because he is SICK, and He is DYING...but he thought to bring me something and to make my day better..he is not bitter and still loves with all his being. Every time I look at them I will see him and remember how he lifted me, and I will be inspired by his example.
They teach me so much about life ...EVERYDAY!

Another day...I am wheeling him out and I see a Black Mercedes Motor Home sitting in front of the hospital....and I say to him..."I see you have your ride waiting for you"..KIDDING around with him....and he says to me, " Oh...that is my wife picking me up." He wasn't kidding! Ha...

Black Mercedes

http://arabiantc.com/fleet_images/Sprinter%20front.jpg

Green Mardi Gras Beads
http://www.centurynovelty.com/catIma...3-506_zoom.jpg