++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-17-2004, 02:19 PM   #31
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM) I don't know how many times I've said this, but I'll say it again! I love Stapp, Mark and Flip to death!! And I know that no one of them will ever "fail" us. I have so much faith in this guys! I'm SO excited about this new band and I'm SO excited about Stapp's solo. Of course I'd like it better if they were still together, but this is the way it is and we can't change it, so why worry. Hopefully they will join forces again in a few years and get back stronger and better!! I really can't wait to hear this two new albums! And I'm also SO excited about Submersed!!

I'm starting to anticipate Submersed's debut album more than Mark's solo project.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:32 PM   #32
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, me too!! I'm almost more excited about Submersed. But then of course... If I had to choose between them I would pick the new Mark/Flip band.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-17-2004, 03:06 PM   #33
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) do you feel as if youve been blasted?
No, and I'm shocked. I'm not against Mark or Flip or Brian in any way (I want to make that clear). I'm just more for Stapp. Stapp is all by his lonesome LOL. While Mark still has Flip and Brian.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:09 PM   #34
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
I think in a way Stapp's always been alone... i remember The Makin the Vid for My Sack Of Rice... Mark was like... as fas as i'm concerned this is Scott's show... Flip and i are just Back Up...

i just think Mark and Flip didn't wanna be 2nd stage anymore...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 04-17-2004, 03:27 PM   #35
Echelon122
USER INFO »
There's nothing that says you HAVE to be excited for ANY of the upcoming things. You don't HAVE to be excited for Stapp's effort, you don't HAVE to be excited for the New band.

There don't have to be sides either. People seem to construe "more excitement for one or the other" As being "against" the other. For some people, I'm sure that's the truth, and that's their choice. I"m MUCH more eager and excited for "TNB" than I am for Stapp. I wish them both success, and I have my thoughts/opinions about who I think will do better album wise.

I'm really though wondering what people need to hear to "get" that Creed's basically over (at least for the time being. Never say never, but don't hold your breath)?
WU is not stupid enough (though I wonder sometimes) to say "Creed, our biggest $$$$ maker, the band that MADE this lable, is breaking up". You SPIN it and say "Extended break". Happens ALL THE TIME in the music world. Bands need breaks. Personalities clash, personal shit goes down, you want time to yourself and your life.

I would rather have them not be forced to co-exist, when it appears that's not what they want. A forced, "We don't really want to do this, but we have to" album would SUCK. It'd be a slap in the face to Creed. If they regroup 5-10 years down the road..if that's the time it takes for things to heal...all the power to them. If this is 100% it....thank you for the music, thank you for the memories, thank you for the friends because of it, and I hope you're happy. As a fan, that's all I can ask.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:33 PM   #36
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
^ good post

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 04-17-2004, 03:37 PM   #37
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Erin, can we go steady?

You nailed it girl. As usual.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:52 PM   #38
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) Erin, can we go steady?

You nailed it girl. As usual.

I dunno...can we??

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:39 PM   #39
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) There's nothing that says you HAVE to be excited for ANY of the upcoming things. You don't HAVE to be excited for Stapp's effort, you don't HAVE to be excited for the New band.

There don't have to be sides either. People seem to construe "more excitement for one or the other" As being "against" the other. For some people, I'm sure that's the truth, and that's their choice. I"m MUCH more eager and excited for "TNB" than I am for Stapp. I wish them both success, and I have my thoughts/opinions about who I think will do better album wise.

I'm really though wondering what people need to hear to "get" that Creed's basically over (at least for the time being. Never say never, but don't hold your breath)?
WU is not stupid enough (though I wonder sometimes) to say "Creed, our biggest $$$$ maker, the band that MADE this lable, is breaking up". You SPIN it and say "Extended break". Happens ALL THE TIME in the music world. Bands need breaks. Personalities clash, personal shit goes down, you want time to yourself and your life.

I would rather have them not be forced to co-exist, when it appears that's not what they want. A forced, "We don't really want to do this, but we have to" album would SUCK. It'd be a slap in the face to Creed. If they regroup 5-10 years down the road..if that's the time it takes for things to heal...all the power to them. If this is 100% it....thank you for the music, thank you for the memories, thank you for the friends because of it, and I hope you're happy. As a fan, that's all I can ask.

Well said, Erin.

Relearn Love
Old 04-17-2004, 10:13 PM   #40
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) I think in a way Stapp's always been alone... i remember The Makin the Vid for My Sack Of Rice... Mark was like... as fas as i'm concerned this is Scott's show... Flip and i are just Back Up...

i just think Mark and Flip didn't wanna be 2nd stage anymore...

that is an interestering view, although if they believed that Scott was running the show too much, no matter how introverted they were in comparison to Stapp if they didn't stand up and say "hey it should be done this way" then you can't blame Stapp soley.

Hopefully this press release is brought out as Michael as suggested. Echelon the reason many of us haven't accepted it is because;

a) we don't want to
b) the "official" word from Wind-Up and Scott Stapp has said the band hasen't broken up. You can say this is PR bullcrap but this is the information we have to go on. Obvioulsy something is amiss if they entered the studio and then decided it wasen't working out and did seperate projects. Whether that means they have broken up however is not a fait accompli.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:40 AM   #41
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
yup
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 04-18-2004, 10:36 PM   #42
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) although if they believed that Scott was running the show too much, no matter how introverted they were in comparison to Stapp if they didn't stand up and say "hey it should be done this way" then you can't blame Stapp soley.
You can say that again.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:19 PM   #43
clara73
USER INFO »
CREED, they are indivisually great artists. as an artist, one must keep growing up.
encountering a hiatus or a break up of the favorite band is always a big pain for the fans but if that's what they need to continue each of their lives as an artist, we should not sit and mourn about it too long. instead, we should wish them good luck and enjoy their growth.
i hope that they will reunite somehow at their right time in the future and put out 100s and 1000s times greater album to knock us down so it will let us forget about all these irritated feelings we have now...
but even though they never get reunited, as long as both Stapp and Tremonti continue to make music i will be happy. now i don't care much about when or how the official annoucement to come out any more. thier music will speak better
Old 04-20-2004, 02:42 PM   #44
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Yawwwwwwwwwwn........

I just really don't give a rip anymore. They don't have a name...they don't have a singer....then they do have a name...and they do have a singer...they just can't tell anyone what and who they are....but the music is amazing...trust us. I'm so sick of the term "the new band" I could barf.

When it finally comes out....I'll listen to it. I'm gonna give everything a chance. But, I've listened to this "rumored" singer's voice more than once. With me, I either like it or I don't, and believe me I've tried to like his voice....and this guy.....I don't...sorry.

Ya know if Tremonti and Phillips were pushed aside in interviews, and didn't like it...they have certainly kept very hush hush about this project....you would think they would be out their talking about their "labor of love".

Wake me up when there is finally something to listen to.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:33 PM   #45
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) There's nothing that says you HAVE to be excited for ANY of the upcoming things. You don't HAVE to be excited for Stapp's effort, you don't HAVE to be excited for the New band.

Well, I think must of us are more excited about the new band right now 'cause they have already started to record the CD and that album will be out in a pretty short future. And we have Micheal that give us updates on the new band all the time. And all the Creed songs are written by Mark, we don't know what might come out of Scott. We don't hear much from Stapp, and we just don't think of him, but sure. I love 'em all to death!! I SURE will buy both albums and in the long run I can't say which one I want must.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) I'm really though wondering what people need to hear to "get" that Creed's basically over (at least for the time being. Never say never, but don't hold your breath)?

I'm not holding my breath, but I do wish and hope that they will get together again in a few years.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) WU is not stupid enough (though I wonder sometimes) to say "Creed, our biggest $$$$ maker, the band that MADE this lable, is breaking up". You SPIN it and say "Extended break". Happens ALL THE TIME in the music world. Bands need breaks. Personalities clash, personal shit goes down, you want time to yourself and your life.

Yeah, exactelly, this doesn't have to be the end. And remember that Stapp said to MTV that this doesn't mean the end of Creed.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) If they regroup 5-10 years down the road..if that's the time it takes for things to heal...all the power to them. If this is 100% it....thank you for the music, thank you for the memories, thank you for the friends because of it, and I hope you're happy. As a fan, that's all I can ask.

If they will get back together, I think that they will be better than ever!! And if this is it. I really can't thank you guys enough! I don't think you wanna hear about it, but those guys have totally changed my life in well... ALL ways!! Thank you Creed!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by THE LITHIUM : 04-20-2004 at 03:36 PM.