++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #16
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB will be the next VanHalen

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) Scott won't be the next Axl Rose. I really wonder how all you people who hate Stapp ever came to like Creed.
All the GN'R fans seem to hate axel... but they still like GnR... when it comes down to it... it really doesn't matter whether you like the personality of the musicians... its whether you like the music or not. Oh... and it's only been in the last few years that all the things about stapp have really surfaced w/ any credibility...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 03-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #17
kriskay1988
USER INFO »

Who knows where they'll end up...As far as Axl goes, I think his head just got too big too fast...and he started to think of it as Axl Rose, and the other dudes...

As far as Stapp...no idea what will happen...

As far as AB becoming VH...doubt it....you can tell they all love playing with each other...obviously no problems thus far. If things continue like that they are bound to become more popular with time...they basically had to start over again, different singer comes a different sound. But, Myles is friggin great. And, I DO believe he is the BEST they could have got....seriously the man is beyond words for me.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:45 AM   #18
altered
USER INFO »

As far as AB becoming VH...doubt it....you can tell they all love playing with each other...obviously no problems thus far. If things continue like that they are bound to become more popular with time...they basically had to start over again, different singer comes a different sound. But, Myles is friggin great. And, I DO believe he is the BEST they could have got....seriously the man is beyond words for me.[/quote]
Nice post!!
Old 03-15-2006, 01:01 AM   #19
WhatSayYou
USER INFO »

I guess I didn't really get to the point with my original post. You see, Eddie VanHalen kept himself up on this pedestal and basically ran off Roth and Hagar. Both singers were great in their own right (in their day), but VanHalen's destruction came at the hands of it's pompas founder. Egos are a powerful thing.
Myles a replacement singer......no, and neither was Roth.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:50 AM   #20
Alter_who?
USER INFO »

Yea, I see what you're saying. Tremonti is to Eddie as Myles is to Roth. The only thing I really don't agree with is that I don't see AB having the success that VH did.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:11 AM   #21
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Alter_who?) Yea, I see what you're saying. Tremonti is to Eddie as Myles is to Roth. The only thing I really don't agree with is that I don't see AB having the success that VH did.
are you saying Mark pushed Scott away(ended Creed) with an Eddie Van Halen ego?

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-15-2006, 03:11 AM   #22
Creed7352
USER INFO »

and i don't see mark as having an ego or attitude...the numerous times i've met him he's been super down to earth and a nice guy.....on the other hand, after being a creed fan for 9 years, i've NEVER met stapp, NEVER. i've met the other guys, even before alter bridge, but never stapp. hmmm..
Old 03-15-2006, 03:15 AM   #23
Alter_who?
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) and i don't see mark as having an ego or attitude...the numerous times i've met him he's been super down to earth and a nice guy.....on the other hand, after being a creed fan for 9 years, i've NEVER met stapp, NEVER. i've met the other guys, even before alter bridge, but never stapp. hmmm..
Oh that's too bad. Did your mommy and daddy not let you stay out that late or what?
Old 03-15-2006, 03:17 AM   #24
Alter_who?
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) are you saying Mark pushed Scott away(ended Creed) with an Eddie Van Halen ego?
Nothing to do with Scott. Talking about the future of AB.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:22 AM   #25
WhatSayYou
USER INFO »

But hey, only time will tell. Right?
Old 03-15-2006, 04:27 AM   #26
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Alter_who?) Oh that's too bad. Did your mommy and daddy not let you stay out that late or what?

WHAT! Are you stupid? Yes, that was a personal insult, but I do not like it when people say stuff like you did, trying to be a whise ass. The reason, for witch you for some reson can't see, he didn't get to meet Stapp is becouse Stapp is a diva, the others are not! I've met AB twice and both times they were extreamly friendly to us!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:57 PM   #27
Alter_who?
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) WHAT! Are you stupid? Yes, that was a personal insult, but I do not like it when people say stuff like you did, trying to be a whise ass. The reason, for witch you for some reson can't see, he didn't get to meet Stapp is becouse Stapp is a diva, the others are not! I've met AB twice and both times they were extreamly friendly to us!
Don't take things so seriously. I was only joking. But I don't agree with Stapp being a "Diva". Go to one of his shows and you might change your perspective.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:19 PM   #28
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Alter_who?) Don't take things so seriously. I was only joking. But I don't agree with Stapp being a "Diva". Go to one of his shows and you might change your perspective.
You don't personally insult someone and not expect them to take it seriously. That's the whole point of insulting them. To demean them to make yourself look better. Grow up. If you can't act civil then get out. You have 13 posts and have not earned any respect on here with your comments. Do yourself a favor and Act with some dignity. You're not helping Stapp or his image by the way you are conducting yourself.

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 03-16-2006, 12:12 AM   #29
Alter_who?
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) You don't personally insult someone and not expect them to take it seriously. That's the whole point of insulting them. To demean them to make yourself look better. Grow up. If you can't act civil then get out. You have 13 posts and have not earned any respect on here with your comments. Do yourself a favor and Act with some dignity. You're not helping Stapp or his image by the way you are conducting yourself.
Who pulled your chain junior? I don't take advice from teenagers.You can't even fathom my level of integrity. Frankly I'm not here to gain anyone's respect. It's a damn internet forum for pete's sake, not a holy sanctuary. I just come here to weed through all the crap and try to find useful information. I do not represent Stapp. He is his own man as am I. I see it is past your bedtime too.

Last edited by Alter_who? : 03-16-2006 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:12 AM   #30
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Alter_who?) Who pulled your chain junior? I don't take advice from teenagers.You can't even fathom my level of integrity. Frankly I'm not here to gain anyone's respect. It's a damn internet forum for pete's sake, not a holy sanctuary. I just come here to weed through all the crap and try to find useful information. I do not represent Stapp. He is his own man as am I. I see it is past your bedtime too.
You do seem a little hostile but, you havn't come after me yet so no worries here
I'm not holding real high expectations for AB or Stapp because neither seems to be making that lightning strike.(lightning striking the same place twice-CREED)
I'm going to bet my money on Alter Bridge. I prefer the heavier sound and the absence of an ego intoxicated front man. There's just something about Scott that annoys me
If I'm wrong there's still alot of good BANDS out there.
SLIPKNOT, CHEVELLE, MUDVAYNE, DISTURBED........................
............and SMASHING PUMPKINS?(keeping my fingers crossed)

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 03-16-2006 at 01:22 AM.