++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-25-2005, 02:00 PM   #16
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Everybody keeps wanting Wind-Up to promote Stapp but you know, they need something to promote him with. Until Scott actually does something to promote, then they're not gonna do anything.
He got in some fights in bars a while ago.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-25-2005, 02:30 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) He got in some fights in bars a while ago.

I'm so sick of people always bringing that up and holding it against Scott. Seems like no one is willing to leave that in the past and stop continually bringing it up to use it as reason for them not liking Stapp anymore. He got in some fights. That wasn't a good thing for him to do, but it happened. I believe he has apologized for the fights. Maybe he hasn't. But it should not influence what people think of Scott's MUSIC. Not personal life, but his career as a musician. I guess I'm the only one who judges him strictly from a musical standpoint.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-27-2005, 04:18 AM   #18
creeddane
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) He got in some fights in bars a while ago.

Perhaps he should kick your ass...
Old 01-27-2005, 11:10 AM   #19
Agent D
USER INFO »
Well, keeping with what Titan said about it being about Scott's music, I say he needs to do something other than Relearn Love in order to become respected as a solo artist. Relearn Love, the first version, did in fact play on the airwaves in my area and as far as I could tell, everyone hated it. It got featured in a program called "Love It or Shove It." It got shoved. Stapp needs some more rockin' material, imo.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:44 PM   #20
titan9
USER INFO »
But until his solo CD is released, that's really the only thing by Scott that Wind Up could promote. And, I think some of those who hated the first version would actually like the second version. The second version is alot better in my opinion. And since Wind Up has the video for Relearn Love, they should release it.

Old 01-27-2005, 10:28 PM   #21
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Stapp needs to get himself into a reputable new band, new name and everything. This solo crap definitely doesn't help his cause of not looking like an egomaniacal freak.

Relearn Love wasn't bad, it was just boring and didn't really stand out.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:07 PM   #22
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
I hope, for stapps sake, that he can get with a guitarist that can really cut it up. That lead guitar player from Goneblind didnt really seem like he could shred to well, during higher, it seemed like he was way off on some of the little fills in the chorus. I want to see him get with another extremely talented guitar player at least, because i love hearing him sing to good guitar tracks, it makes him seem all the better. Thats the main reason why i hated relearn love so much, it was really cheesy and with the female backups that sounded like something pulled out of a choir. I would like to hear him get back to rock and roll, and i hope he doesnt cross completely over into pop-rock

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 01-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #23
HigherGirl
USER INFO »
OMG...
Could you imagine Stapp as a pop artist..
Na!! I need ROCK baby!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 09:21 PM   #24
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) I hope, for stapps sake, that he can get with a guitarist that can really cut it up. That lead guitar player from Goneblind didnt really seem like he could shred to well, during higher, it seemed like he was way off on some of the little fills in the chorus. I want to see him get with another extremely talented guitar player at least, because i love hearing him sing to good guitar tracks, it makes him seem all the better. Thats the main reason why i hated relearn love so much, it was really cheesy and with the female backups that sounded like something pulled out of a choir. I would like to hear him get back to rock and roll, and i hope he doesnt cross completely over into pop-rock

The newer version of Relearn Love(no female back up vocals and more acoustic based) is much, MUCH better. And I really liked the original, so that is saying alot. I do not know if I'd like the idea of him joining/creating a new band. It seems like his reputation in regards to how easy he is to work with, is damaged. You've heard Tremonti and Philips say how difficult Scott was during the last days of Creed, and now you've kinda heard the Tea Party say how difficult Scott was to deal with. I'm not agreeing with this, because I don't know Stapp, but I'm just saying I don't know if him joining/creating a new band is that good of an idea. I think whenever he releases his solo album, it will be successful.

If he crosses completely over into pop-rock, I can see him being extremely successful. He was in a huge band that dominated the airtime that Rock acts got on Pop radio. And he has a very well known name. If he does go the pop-rock way, I'd still support him because I am a fan of his vocal/lyrical ability. But I'd still prefer him going the Rock way.

Old 01-29-2005, 04:38 AM   #25
jammy123
USER INFO »
where can i get this new version?
Old 01-29-2005, 10:08 AM   #26
titan9
USER INFO »
I have it. PM me with your email address and I'll give it to you.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:22 PM   #27
NeedforCreed
USER INFO »
You Think?

Quote: (Originally Posted by creeddane) Perhaps he should kick your ass...
Could be he did. Could be the reason Lithium doesn't care much for him.