++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 09-15-2005, 09:17 PM   #16
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
You're right, there are a lot of people in Africa dying. There are a lot of third world countries in need, and we the U.S., help out a great deal in supplying necessities for them...........even when there are people here in the U.S. who need it also. That's always been a heated debate. Some can't understand why the U.S. won't help Americans first, some have no sympathy for some Africans who believe certain animals are sacred, so they're all starving, yet there's 20 cows running around the pastures around them. There is no way to be completely fair, sadly that's never going to happen, but you plainly stated that those people didn't deserve it, which is NOT true. I am sure you have a few things around your bedroom or house that you could sell and feed thousands of kids, as well. Am I right? Would you sit in an empty room with nothing, to show that you are in support of world hunger? Didn't think so. I sympathize to all those in need, and I do my share in supporting a number of charities, just as a lot of people do. The show in this thread is a type of charity through sponsorship, and it helps out those in need. Some charities walk for breast cancer research, other's for diabeties, some give blood, some raise money for muscular distrophy. All those people could give their money to world hunger, right? Point is, there are needs that need to be met in many different ways, and people have their beliefs, and I have mine, and the way I see it, every little bit helps, and this show is doing their part, and I think it's great. This is a topic that could be argued all day long, but people such as yourself need to choose your battles. I choose to be in support of those who help out one another, because that is the type of person that I am.