++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-01-2003, 04:07 AM   #1
RLipp69
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I feel we got ripped off!!!!!

That was nice to hear the phil got a good show!!What the Hell !!What about us in chicago!!We got Taken!!was that worth our hard erned cash!!I would aleast expect a apology!!That is steeling!!He stole our money!!!(scott)the rest of the band they desrve it they were great.All that is in my head right now is how he acted like ASS and looked like one also.Iwill tell you one thing there will be extra few seats here in chicago if he dont make up for this or address this situation!!!!http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/2up.gif
Old 01-01-2003, 11:20 AM   #2
JenRN
USER INFO »
I am sure they will make it up! They made up for the other cancelled shows etc.. Hey not everyone has a great night all the time! It has been a hell of a year for them, I would of been dissapointed to BUT..........not as angry as you! I have seen them 4 times this year and it was different everytime, obviously there are issues going on with Scott but all I have to say is obvioulsy he is in pain emotionally and physically it is a time for his FANS to stick behind him!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-01-2003, 11:55 AM   #3
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Sorry for your bad experience; yes it's true, Scott is going through alot, he spoke right before performing Weathered, about how that song turned out to be a prophecy, more than being written about past experience. (In other words, if he thought they were weathered before, he couldn't even imagine how much more they could go through!) I feel bad for those who didn't have a good experience in Chicago; please try to remember that Scott is only human, and has bad days like all of us do. Add that to the fact that they have management pushing them to do the things they do, in their career, I mean. Hopefully after a good rest, they will come back with a renewed spirit, soul and body. PEACE

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-01-2003, 04:38 PM   #4
sigspecial
USER INFO »
Chicago

I truly understand that many of you are true fans that have seen the band in other cities at other times. However, because you have seen incredibly powerful shows, I do not believe that you could possibly understand just how bad the show was here in Chicago.

It was my first Creed concert, so I do not have a frame of direct reference other than the times I have seen them on TV. I have however, been to many concerts over the years and have never seen anything that could compare to how disconnected and sloppy they were in their performance. Specifically, at the end during My Sacrafice Scott was actually singing off rythym from the music, I was so VERY clear that the other guys just wanted the whole thing OVER WITH!

They skipped a Don't Stop Dancing at the end (I know this because the people around us had been to many concerts during the Weathered tour). That was a great disappointment to me!!!

We do deserve a show that lives up to their reputation and makes us feel like we got what we paid for.

PLEASE...PLEASE...I hope they give us another chance. Don't forget WE were simply the audience, we were not the one's who came to work unprepared and incapable of doing our jobs.

Still a huge fan.....longing to see the "REAL" thing!
Old 01-01-2003, 04:45 PM   #5
CreedCrazed
USER INFO »
Yeah I'm kind of tired of hearing everyone saying, " Oh you gotta support the band man." Let me ask everyone who is saying that, have you ever payed 150.00 plus dollars for a concert that totally sucked beyond your wildest dreams??? Not all of us can fork out that kind of money. What hurts the most is that I still have to pay that money back on my credit card. If you weren't at the Chicago show....let me just say, man you have no idea what the hell went on there. It wasn't just bad, it was a nightmare.
Old 01-01-2003, 05:41 PM   #6
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: Chicago

Quote: Originally posted by sigspecial
<b>

They skipped a Don't Stop Dancing at the end (I know this because the people around us had been to many concerts during the Weathered tour). &nbsp;That was a great disappointment to me!!!

Still a huge fan.....longing to see the "REAL" thing! </b>

I don't think they've done DSD for several of their last shows. I don't think it was left out for the reasons the show was so bad, I think it just wasn't a part of the set list that night.

And after the horrible show, I'm glad to see you are still a huge fan. It's good to see there's still hope.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-01-2003, 08:45 PM   #7
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by CreedCrazed
<b>Yeah I'm kind of tired of hearing everyone saying, " Oh you gotta support the band man." &nbsp;Let me ask everyone who is saying that, have you ever payed 150.00 plus dollars for a concert that totally sucked beyond your wildest dreams??? &nbsp;Not all of us can fork out that kind of money. &nbsp;What hurts the most is that I still have to pay that money back on my credit card. &nbsp;If you weren't at the Chicago show....let me just say, man you have no idea what the hell went on there. &nbsp;It wasn't just bad, it was a nightmare. </b>

Actually yeah I have payed a lot of money to go to a show and it sucked!!!!!! Been there done that BUT........ life goes on, and it did not make me stop listening to their music! And it was not Creed either!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-01-2003, 09:04 PM   #8
tru2mine
USER INFO »
Alright look im not tryin to be rude but i have to say this. Everyone needs to stop complaining about creed messin up. Youve vented a little now get over it. Everybody loses money or gets ripped off at some point in life, thats just the way the world works. everyone is acting like its the end of the world that creed messed up one show. More and likely their going to make it up so dont get your panties in a bunch. god forbid somebody slip up. to those who have been to multiple shows you know this is the first time they have performed like this. Although i believe it was bad it probably wasnt as bad as people are making it out to be, because creed always out does thereselves and people were expecting the greatest and the dissapointment was huge. theres no reason for people to sign on to bash them when nobody and i mean nobody knows the whole story. everything is an assumption and you know what they say assumption is the mother of all f**k ups. and no i wasnt there but im still entitled to my opinion, and yes i have been ripped off before and stab in the back, (story of my life)so i know how it feels. True fans would not lose respect for a mistake that only happened once.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:05 PM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thank you tru!! Well said.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-01-2003, 09:17 PM   #10
ronda
USER INFO »
In response to true2mine,,,, Well you said it all in one line, you were NOT there. And yes opinions are like @$$ holes, we all have one! I am not a Creed basher, yet I can express my opinion as much as I want. The whole thing about the money and getting a bad show is not half as bad as the way some of us are let down. Yes the money makes it worse, but the meaning behind all of the music is what was betrayed the most. He has actually gotten me to the point of tears in his songs. He again was able to do that the 29th but not because of the music, it was the horrible way he was. If you were not there then you dont know. I have seen them before, this was well,,,,,, if you were there you know!
Old 01-01-2003, 09:27 PM   #11
tru2mine
USER INFO »
alright ronda if you got online tomorrow and read an article of some sort saying that something really bad happened to him that day or to someone he knows would you be saying the things youve said. His music is inspired by feelings of good and bad experiences and chicago was no doubt a bad experience(you dont have to be there to know that) He made a mistake and with mistakes comes knowledge, so he will learn from this. All Im really saying is dont jump to conclusions about what happened when nobody knows the story behind it. if i was having problems with my son and my throat and ex girl and so on and so forth i wouldnt be trying to please anyone but me and my son. At least hes trying
Old 01-01-2003, 09:29 PM   #12
CreedCrazed
USER INFO »
You know what, making music and doing concerts are Creed's job...if I had gone to work the way Scott acted at the Chicago show, I would've been fired. So if you weren't there, don't boo hoo me okay.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:29 PM   #13
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by tru2mine
alright ronda if you got online tomorrow and read an article of some sort saying that something really bad happened to him that day or to someone he knows would you be saying the things youve said. &nbsp;His music is inspired by feelings of good and bad experiences and chicago was no doubt a bad experience(you dont have to be there to know that) &nbsp;He made a mistake and with mistakes comes knowledge, so he will learn from this. &nbsp;All Im really saying is dont jump to conclusions about what happened when nobody knows the story behind it. &nbsp;if i was having problems with my son and my throat and ex girl and so on and so forth i wouldnt be trying to please anyone but me and my son. &nbsp;At least hes trying

Well said!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-01-2003, 09:35 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by CreedCrazed
You know what, making music and doing concerts are Creed's job...if I had gone to work the way Scott acted at the Chicago show, I would've been fired. &nbsp;So if you weren't there, don't boo hoo me okay.

You know what? Other people on this board have experienced huge letdowns because of cancelled shows or less-than-stellar performances, too. One, luvscott4ever, flew to Vegas and then drove five hours to Phoenix only find out the show was cancelled. I can understand your bitterness, irritation, anger and disappointment. But don't tell me I can't have an opinion just because I wasn't there. Had I been there, I would have been in tears seeing how much pain Scott was in. That would have broken my heart. It does just thinking about it. I'm sure the Chicago show was their worst ever from what everyone has said.

Yes, making music and doing concerts are Creed's jobs, but don't fricken tell me you've never had a bad day at work. Or do you really work? Are you old enough to understand that people sometime make mistakes, big ones?
Old 01-01-2003, 09:36 PM   #15
Triple_Six
USER INFO »
Currently:
I got THE good shit right here.............

http://www.druglordsgame.com/index.php?ref=110418