++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-31-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
bilal
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Islam, Quran and Science

the following is a little text that may just help you to realise something.........please do read to the end.......please!

"Do they not consider the Qur'an? Had it been from any other than God, they would

surely have found therein much discrepancy. [Qur’an 4:82]"

Do they not carefully consider (investigate) the Qur’an or are there locks upon

their hearts. [Qur’an 47:24]

A scientific approach has been encouraged in the Qur’an with the objective of

ascertaining its truthfulness. It provides man with a chance to verify it

authenticity.

The Origin of Universe & Life

Do the unbelievers not realize that the heavens and the earth used to be one

solid mass that we exploded into existence? And from water we made all living

things. Would they believe? [Qur’an 21:30]

Say: The (Qur’an) was sent sent down by Him who knows the secrets (that is) in

the heavens and the earth... [Qur’an 25:6]

“ Somebody who did not know something about nuclear physics 1400 years ago could not, I think, be in a position to find out from his own mind for instance that the earth and the heavens had the same origin, or many others of the questions that we have discussed here. “ Professor of Geology, Dr. Albert Kroner.

“ ... this very information is exactly what they awarded the 1973 Noble Prize for ... The Qur'an reveals the origin of the universe - how it began from one piece - and mankind continues to verify this revelation, even up to now. Additionally, the fact that all life originated from water would not have been an easy thing to convince people of fourteen centuries ago. “ Professor of Mathematics, Dr. Gary Miller

Cosmology

Then he turned to the sky, and it had been (as) smoke (dukhaan): He said to it and to the earth: come you together, willingly or unwillingly. They said: we do come (together) in willing obedience. [Qur’an 41:11]
Scientists now can observe new stars forming up out of that smoke, which is the origin of our universe, as we see on these picture.

http://www.islamicity.com/Science/iqs/img005.GIF

Expansion of the Universe

The following verse of the Qur'an where God is speaking, may perhaps be compared with modern ideas: "The heaven, We have built it with power. Verily. We are expanding it. [Qur’an 51:47]

The expansion of the Universe is the most imposing discovery of modern science.

Today it is a firmly established concept and the only debate centres around the way this is taking place. It was first suggested by the general theory of
relativity and is backed up by physics in the examination of the galactic spectrum; the regular movement towards the red section of their spectrum may be explained by the distancing of one galaxy from another. Thus the size of the Universe is probably constantly increasing and this increase will become bigger the further away the galaxies are from us.

Evolution

Is it not a fact that there was a time when the human being was nothing to be mentioned? We created the human from a liquid mixture, from two parents, in order to test him. Thus, we made him a hearer and a seer. [Qur’an 76:1-2]

And God created every living creature from water. Some of them walk on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some walk on four. God creates whatever He wills. God is Omnipotent. [Qur’an 24:45]

Embryology

What is the matter with you, that you are not conscious of God’s Majesty. Seeing that it is He that has created you in diverse stages? [Qur’an 71:13-14]

He creates you in the wombs of your mother, in stages, one after another, in three veils of darkness. [Qur’an 39:6]

... Subsequently, we reproduced him from a tiny drop, that is placed into a well protected repository. Then we developed the drop into a hanging (embryo), then developed the hanging (embryo)[my own addition: embryo is actually hanging from the walls of womb....if u see modren pictures of it] into a bite-size (fetus), then created the bite-size (fetus) into bones, then covered the bones with flesh.

We thus produce a new creature. Most blessed is God, the best Creator. Then, later on, you die. Then, on the Day of Resurrection, you will be resurrected. [Qur'an 23:12-16]

It was not until the middle of the 19th century when the scientists began to

discover that the human embryonic development took place in several successive stages.

A noted embryologist Keith L. Moore and expert in his field, upon being presented with the statements made in the Qur’an regarding the stages of the formation of the embryo from the mixing of the male and female gametes up to the embryo’s full development remarked "It has been a pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the Qur’an about Human Development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from God or Allah because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later."

A famous French physician Maurice Bucaille addressed the French Academy of Medicine in 1976 and expressed the complete agreement of the Qur’an and established findings of modern science. He presented his study on the existence in the Qur’an of certain statements concerning physiology and reproduction. His reason for doing that was that "our knowledge of these disciplines is such, that it is impossible to explain how a text produced at the time of the Qur’an could have contained ideas that have only been discovered in modern times".

Geology

When you look at the mountains, you think that they are standing still. But they are moving, like the clouds. Such is the manufacture of God, Who perfected everything. He is fully Cognizant of everything you do. [Qur'an 27:88]

And the mountains as pegs. [Qur’an 78:7]

And He has set up on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you. [Qur’an 16:15]

And we sent down Iron, in which is great might, as well as many benefits for
mankind [Qur’an 57:25]

Conquest of Space

O assembly of Jinns and Men, if you can penetrate regions of the heavens and the earth, then penetrate them! You will not penetrate them save with a Power. [Qur’an 55:33]

[my own interpretation (bilal): as we see today...man can reach to moon and further by travelling is space shuttle...that uses a lot of power....to escape to the universe....this was told to mankind....thousands of years ago....in HOly Quran that there is a way to cross the boundries of earth....and that is with force]

"Even if We opened unto them a gate to Heaven and they were to continue ascending therein, they would say: our sight is confused as in drunkenness. Nay, we are people bewitched.” [Qur’an 15:14-15]

When talking of the conquest of space therefore, we have two passages in the text of the Qur'an: one of them refers to what will one day become a reality thanks to the powers of intelligence and ingenuity God will give to man, The event will however be seen by others, as intimated in the first verse quoted above. It describes the human reactions to the unexpected spectacle that travelers in space will see: their confused sight, as in drunkenness, the feeling of being bewitched. This is exactly how astronauts have experienced this remarkable adventure since the first human space flight in 1961.

It is known in actual fact how once one is above the Earth's atmosphere, the Heavens no longer have the azure appearance we see from Earth. The human observer in space above the Earth's atmosphere sees a black sky and the Earth seems to be surrounded by a halo of bluish color due to the same phenomena of absorption of light by the Earth's atmosphere.

Other Facts

In regards to Clouds, “Have you not seen how God makes the clouds move gently, then joins them together, then makes them into a stack, and then you see the rain come out of it...?” [Qur'an 24:43]

Preservation of gentic data, “Does the human being think that We will not reconstruct his bones ? Yes indeed; We are able to recreate even his fingerprint.” [Qur’an 75:3-4]

Lost City of Ubar, “Seest thou not how thy Lord dealt with the 'Ad (people),- Of the (city of) Iram, with lofty pillars, The like of which were not produced in (all) the land?” [Qur’an 89:6-8]

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ubar/hotscienceubar/

Currently, about 1,000 scientific signs have been identified in the entire Qur’an.

Qur’an: A Reminder to the Worlds

It must be stressed that the Qur'an is accurate about many things, but accuracy does not necessarily mean that a book is a divine revelation. In fact, accuracy is only one of the criteria for divine revelations. The Qur'an states, "This book is a divine revelation; if you do not believe that, then what is it?" In other words, the reader is challenged to come up with some other explanation. Here is a book made of paper and ink. Where did it come from?

It says it is a divine revelation; if it is not, then what is its source?
… and they say, 'Surely he [i.e. Prophet Muhammed] is possessed [by jinn], ’ but it [i.e., the Qur'an] is not except a reminder to the worlds." [Qur’an 68:51-52]

References

A Scientist's Interpretation of References to Embryology in the Qur'an, Keith L. Moore, Ph.D, F.I.A.C., Professor of Anatomy and Associate Dean Basic Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada (http://www.ummah.org.uk/science/moore.htm)
The Amazing Qur’an, Professor Gary Miller, University of Essex Islamic Society (http://www.ummah.org.uk/science/amzquran.htm)
“What Is the Origin of Man” and “The Bible, the Qur’an and Science” by Maurice Bucaille
Newly Discovered Scientific Facts Revealed in The Qur’an and Authentic Sunnah (http://www.it-is-truth.org)
Old 04-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
bilal
USER INFO »
Re: Islam, Quran and Science

this is what has most fasinated me......................the study of Orbital rotaions taking place in all celestial bodies.....................

Orbits

Today, the laws governing the celestial systems are well known. Galaxies are balanced by the position of stars and planets in well-defined orbits, as well the interplay of gravitational forces produced by their masses and the speed of their movements. But is this not what the Qur'an describes in terms which have only become comprehensible in modern times. In chapter al-Anbiyaa we find:
"(God is) the one Who created the night, the day, the sun and the moon. Each one is travelling in an orbit with its own motion." (Al-Qur'an, 21:33)

http://www.islamicity.com/audiovideo...n_universe.ram
Old 04-06-2006, 08:06 AM   #3
metalchris25
USER INFO »

very interesting, man.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:50 AM   #4
Xterminator27
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal)
"(God is) the one Who created the night, the day, the sun and the moon. Each one is travelling in an orbit with its own motion." (Al-Qur'an, 21:33)

When he talks about "orbits" in that line. He is talking about reoccurances. AKA, The sun / moon / sky all move around at day and do so in a consitant pattern, and how they move on their own bla bla. Hes not talking about planatary orbits or anything like that, just about the changes in the positions of the moon/sun which at that time they had no idea what they really were so they assumed that they are created from God (how else would they explain it with their very limited knowledge).

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 04-23-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) When he talks about "orbits" in that line. He is talking about reoccurances. AKA, The sun / moon / sky all move around at day and do so in a consitant pattern, and how they move on their own bla bla. Hes not talking about planatary orbits or anything like that, just about the changes in the positions of the moon/sun which at that time they had no idea what they really were so they assumed that they are created from God (how else would they explain it with their very limited knowledge).

hey bro.........its was just one reference from Quran that i quoted before.....there are many and i belive more related to orbits.................see..........this was revealed 14 centuries ago..........when there were people who were worshiping sun an the moon..............like the greeks were....................and u know that its not only the moon and the sun but even the tiny atoms that makes up a body is rotating around its neucleus..............in its orbit...............and remeber that it was only in 19th century that people finaly agreed that the world was round and not flat............atleast not 1400 centuries ago............it must have been a hard nut to crack back in 1400 centuires but not any more............ill post more reference latter onnn................
Old 04-24-2006, 06:54 PM   #6
metalchris25
USER INFO »

right on.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:18 PM   #7
Xterminator27
USER INFO »

http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/ast121/lectures/lec02.html
Check this out, the greeks not only figured out all the orbits, calculated the circumference of the earth (off by 2%), found the earth was a sphere, and that the 7 planets were orbiting the sun.

But did this all 900-1000 years before Muhammed was born.

Plus most of the stuff in the quotes can be perceved as many different things, although the big bang one was neat. (As was the human development one) Although vauge, its definitly alot more when compared to other religious text.

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 04-25-2006, 01:03 AM   #8
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Thanks X for your link and demanstration Bilal i really loved reading all that....thanks it calms and soothes my nerves like the discovery channel
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-25-2006, 09:57 PM   #9
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/ast121/lectures/lec02.html
Check this out, the greeks not only figured out all the orbits, calculated the circumference of the earth (off by 2%), found the earth was a sphere, and that the 7 planets were orbiting the sun.

But did this all 900-1000 years before Muhammed was born.

Plus most of the stuff in the quotes can be perceved as many different things, although the big bang one was neat. (As was the human development one) Although vauge, its definitly alot more when compared to other religious text.

many many thanks for the link X-terminator.........added couple more to my knowledge....thanks........but iam sure ull agree that what greek scinetist were doing was not common knowledge...........not accepted by man for many years........till recent times............atleast not in Arab where there was no civilisation or culture at all...........and Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) coldnt even read also.......and hadnt travelled too.................in any case.............i my self do try to search and inquire for information when i come accross any thing in my Holy Book..........ofcource its just some verses here that ur not reading them in the whole context of their place in Holy Quran so ur feeling it can be perceived as many things but not for me.........heheheh...............but thanks for the link..........