++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-22-2004, 01:27 PM   #121
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I agree, Jooji, it would be better for him not to infer anything about the personal inner workings of whatever led to the current situation. But it hasn't happened that way, unfortunately. And I can't blame the Tremonti camp for trying to gauge the Creed fans' reactions to the new project. It's a natural progression. That's why I try not to put too much stock in the non-music stuff Michael or anyone else that may be close to the camp puts out. Until they collectively put out some sort of statement (if ever) that explains what really happened, I refuse to place blame.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:06 PM   #122
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Ann and Jooji - Thanks for the support!
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I agree, Jooji, it would be better for him not to infer anything about the personal inner workings of whatever led to the current situation. But it hasn't happened that way, unfortunately. And I can't blame the Tremonti camp for trying to gauge the Creed fans' reactions to the new project. It's a natural progression. That's why I try not to put too much stock in the non-music stuff Michael or anyone else that may be close to the camp puts out. Until they collectively put out some sort of statement (if ever) that explains what really happened, I refuse to place blame.
Dogstar - I agree with what you're saying. I don't blame Mark's camp for wanting to gauge the fans' reactions to the new band. I was just trying to say that I could do without the subtle hints towards Stapp.

Scott, too, has been out there trying to push his solo album. The difference is that Scott has never said one single thing (that I've heard) to suggest any tension between the band. I think that is the best way to handle this situation. It also makes it a little easier for a reconciliation.

That was my only point.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:21 PM   #123
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I agree, Jooji, it would be better for him not to infer anything about the personal inner workings of whatever led to the current situation. But it hasn't happened that way, unfortunately. And I can't blame the Tremonti camp for trying to gauge the Creed fans' reactions to the new project. It's a natural progression. That's why I try not to put too much stock in the non-music stuff Michael or anyone else that may be close to the camp puts out. Until they collectively put out some sort of statement (if ever) that explains what really happened, I refuse to place blame.

The Tremonti camp can gauge fan reaction without the veiled vague references to what led to the problems within the band. I consider that the personal business of the members themselves. And for one member to leak out little bits of info. that appear to make themselves look better in the situation isn't a class act. Stapp has been pounding the pavement himself to let people know he's out there and there is something coming from him in the future....but I've seen every talk show performance and he's been nothing but gracious when asked questions about the other members, and I don't read on message boards posts by people I never heard of stating "Stapp said this or that", whereas there has been plenty of speculation started by fans "claiming to have heard Tremonti..."say" something. I think the Tremonti camp needs to realize it doesn't make them look like particularly good guys.

I'm all for information about whats going on with solo projects...if we can just keep it to that.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:25 PM   #124
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, unfortunately, we have to deal with what has happened, not what hasn't. I agree that it would be better if he left the veiled references out, but he didn't and unfortunately, that's what a lot of people have talked about.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:39 PM   #125
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Well......

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Well, unfortunately, we have to deal with what has happened, not what hasn't. I agree that it would be better if he left the veiled references out, but he didn't and unfortunately, that's what a lot of people have talked about.

Maybe he can take that into consideration in the future.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:43 PM   #126
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That would be good indeed.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:35 PM   #127
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Ya know, all of this arguing wouldn't be necessary if Michael kept his posts to information about the new band and just refused to answer questions pertaining to personal relationships between members, etc

Actually if Michael wanted to come on here and say Stapp sucks he is free to do so. If he wants to say Stapp is a god, he's also free to do so. This issue has nothing to do with Scott or Mark or anything else. I think they thing everyone is forgetting is the key phrase that many have already said before (I'm reminded of Teri and Dogstar mentioning this)

Worship the music, not the musician.

If people wouldn't take the musicians so seriously it would be a lot easier to have discussions about the music and band. (and please note, I'm not mentioning any names whatsoever - when I say people I am using that term in the general sense, nothing more.)

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-22-2004, 04:24 PM   #128
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
Arg...you people are CRAZY. Yes, very crazy, now it's how the "Tremonti Camp" is gauging the fans reaction the wrong way...bah!
Old 03-22-2004, 05:10 PM   #129
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Worship the music, not the musician.

If people wouldn't take the musicians so seriously it would be a lot easier to have discussions about the music and band. (and please note, I'm not mentioning any names whatsoever - when I say people I am using that term in the general sense, nothing more.)

Well said!
Old 03-22-2004, 05:51 PM   #130
Shadow
USER INFO »
Wow.

Does anyone else have a headache after reading all that?

I think we should appreciate the fact that Michael even comes here to post.

Last edited by Shadow : 03-22-2004 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:24 PM   #131
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
ummmmmmm....shall I get back to where I left off on the questions or would you all like to continue this rather entertaining debate?

Michael
Old 03-22-2004, 06:28 PM   #132
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SleeplessAngel) Arg...you people are CRAZY. Yes, very crazy, now it's how the "Tremonti Camp" is gauging the fans reaction the wrong way...bah!

Take it and run with it! What I said was how about keeping it to info. about the new band. That would be the best way to gauge fan reaction...not discussing the personal relationships between the members of Creed. Remarking about the aforementioned just seems to start arguments, get it?

Like someone said at another website.....Dude....they need a name!!!!!! I don't have a problem with Michael posting all he wants about the new band...I welcome it just as much as anyone else. Just maybe keep it to information about the new band and ignore the questions of a personal nature, since that leads to people preferring to take sides instead of talk about the band.

As much as you wish people would worship the music and not the musician...wishin doesn't always make it so.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:31 PM   #133
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Just maybe keep it to information about the new band and ignore the questions of a personal nature, since that leads to people preferring to take sides instead of talk about the band.

As much as you wish people would worship the music and not the musician...wishin doesn't always make it so.

My point exactly. You can keep wishing that the personal stuff is kept out, but wishing doesn't always make it so.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:32 PM   #134
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) ummmmmmm....shall I get back to where I left off on the questions or would you all like to continue this rather entertaining debate?

Michael

Hey Michael, sorry for all this... I would suggest getting back to questions if you feel like answering them. It might help get the conversation away from the debate... unless of course you like reading the deabte

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-22-2004, 06:35 PM   #135
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) ummmmmmm....shall I get back to where I left off on the questions or would you all like to continue this rather entertaining debate?

Michael

Oh yes please... get back to where you left off on the questions Michael! I'm ready for more input Guess I'm not the only one...

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God