++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-31-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
J-Man
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Myles Posted on ABB.Net

Myles Kennedy posted some interesting and fun news on alterbridgeband.net. Check it out.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:41 PM   #2
Agent D
USER INFO »
Re: Myles Posted on ABB.Net

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) Myles Kennedy posted some interesting and fun news on alterbridgeband.net. Check it out.

Care to post it here for those of us who aren't registered?
Old 10-31-2006, 11:05 PM   #3
revisfoot
USER INFO »

Note from Myles. “The Mule and Me”

First of all, I hope you are all well. I realize that with the exception of the last European run, we have been very quiet for most of the year. I also understand that many of you are probably growing impatient waiting for our next move. Let me assure you that we are working hard and can’t wait until you all hear what this band has evolved into. In fact, I spoke with Flip a few hours ago and he was commenting on how happy he is with everything after listening to the material we’ve demoed. We have been through so much together. Things that had the potential to destroy us only made us more resilient. It has fueled our fire to persevere and write the most intense and emotional songs we could. We can’t wait to share it with all of you.
Part of this whole process is inspiration. It’s about finding moments that touch your soul and resonate throughout your whole being. I got a big taste of this last Saturday (10- 21). The mighty Gov’t Mule played in my hometown of Spokane, Washington. They are on tour promoting their new CD “High & Mighty.” For those of you who are not familiar with the Mule, they are some the most respected musicians in the business. They are carrying the torch for what bands like Cream and Zeppelin did in the 60’s and early 70’s. Gov’t Mule is fronted by Warren Haynes, who some of you might know from the Allman Brothers. They keep the spirit of improvisation alive and well in a business that has become so formulaic in these modern times that I sometimes wonder if robots have taken over as rock stars. Besides being some of the best players in the industry, they are some the coolest, most gracious cats I’ve ever run into on the road.
To top all of this off, I was given the opportunity of a lifetime. I got to sing and play with the band. It was an experience that I will never forget. We played Temple of the Dog’s “Hunger Strike” into Traffic’s “Dear Mr. Fantasy.” Most of those ten minutes are a blur to me. It was pure bliss. Since I left all of my Paul Reed Smith’s in Orlando, Warren was kind enough to let me play his guitar! All I remember was losing myself during the guitar solo on Mr. Fantasy to the point that I almost fell over (you can actually here it at the tail end of the solo when I bend the guitar out of tune trying to keep my balance). Improvising next to Warren Haynes is intimidating to say the least. If you are a guitar player you have to check him out. His tone, phrasing and soul are beyond words. Think early Clapton on steroids. Mr. Haynes is definitely one of my all time favorite guitarists.
If you want to see pictures and hear the audio from this special evening go to http://www.mule.net/from_the_road/de...06&month=10#21
Thanks for letting me geek out on this. I had such a great time I thought some of you might be interested. Warren, Matt, Danny and Andy thanks for reminding me of just how powerful music can be.

Myles Kennedy
Old 11-01-2006, 12:18 AM   #4
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Thanks for posting this. It's great to hear he likes gov't mule! Those guys are awesome. I can't even imagine what it would be like to play with the legendary Haynes.....
Old 11-01-2006, 03:49 PM   #5
Agent D
USER INFO »

Thanks for posting.

Glad to hear they're still making progress then. *waits patiently*
Old 11-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
RenoV
USER INFO »

Well, that sounds like we still have to wait a little more time before we get our hands in the new AB material...
Old 11-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #7
guitardude1985
USER INFO »

I just hope it's worth the wait, I have heard some new tunes off of tremonti.net and they were alright. But then again, it was live and I don't think all the quarks have been worked out.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:17 AM   #8
bilal
USER INFO »

this gig Myles had with the Mule guys..... is there any recordings available