++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-28-2002, 11:13 PM   #31
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
lol.....just kidding........lol

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-28-2002, 11:22 PM   #32
krzycreedbabe
USER INFO »
hahaha ya crack me up man

www.evanescence.com - check em out!
Old 12-28-2002, 11:25 PM   #33
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
YAY I'm funny!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-28-2002, 11:27 PM   #34
krzycreedbabe
USER INFO »
:lol: hilarious :lol:

www.evanescence.com - check em out!
Old 12-29-2002, 02:25 AM   #35
velocityidp
USER INFO »
My reply to him:

<b>Regarding your "review" of Creed in general,

Well, throw one more into the barrel of "Creed Sucks" articles. Yeee Haaaaw! And it's more of the same old, same old. The whole Pearl Jam thing has been mulled over endlessly, as has the "Christianity" business. Enough already, sheesh. You've basically the summarized 4-years of media-bashing that Creed has received by the rock establishment. You also expressed your very biased, uninformed opinion of the band.

But as a cover story? Lol, that's pretty lame. I'm sure the editors of this fine publication thought long and hard about this one, though...

But it doesn't bother me as much as it makes me smile. You and your ilk just can't stand any band that doesn't fit into your narrow-minded image of rock. And it makes you even more enraged when this kind of band generates such a huge and dedicated following from absolutely nothing.

Creed has a dynamic with its fans that I've never seen with any other group (live or recorded). Your statement saying Creed is "...part of a machine that treats... fans as dupes..." is perhaps the most silly/uninformed thing you wrote in your article. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Anyway, it was a mildly-interesting piece that was heavy on short-sighted arm flailing and devoid of any intellectual or journalistic merit. I suspect you don't really care, though.

I hope you have a nice New Year as well, but I think your "ramblings of one rock fan" article should have been relegated to back pages of your fine publication -- if that.

Nicholas F. Singh</b>
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 12-29-2002, 02:27 AM   #36
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
<b>My reply to him:

Regarding your "review" of Creed in general,
&nbsp;
Well, throw one more into the barrel of "Creed Sucks" articles. Yeee Haaaaw! And it's more of the same old, same old. The whole Pearl Jam thing has been mulled over endlessly, as has the "Christianity" business. Enough already, sheesh. You've basically the summarized 4-years of media-bashing that Creed has received by the rock establishment. You also expressed your very biased, uninformed opinion of the band.
&nbsp;
Creed has a dynamic with its fans that I've never seen with any other group (live or recorded). Your statement saying Creed is "...part of a machine that treats... fans as dupes..." is perhaps the most silly/uninformed thing you wrote in your article. Nothing could be further from the truth.
&nbsp;
Anyway, it was a mildly-interesting piece that was heavy on short-sighted arm flailing and devoid of any intellectual or journalistic merit. I suspect you don't really care, though. &nbsp;
&nbsp;
I hope you have a nice New Year as well, but I think your "ramblings of one rock fan" article should have been relegated to back pages of your fine publication -- if that.
&nbsp;
Nicholas F. Singh</b>

Old 12-29-2002, 02:38 AM   #37
tru2mine
USER INFO »
good response
Old 12-29-2002, 03:05 AM   #38
amsottile
USER INFO »
Here was my response to the article:

Dear Mr. Sweeny,
I have recently read your article from the Philadelphia Weekly titled, "Why Creed Sucks," and must say that it was just a straight up, poorly written article. You seem to go on an on and many times and just lose the focus of your arguments. You also seem to use many large words one after another not helping the reader along at all. When I first read it I became very angry, as I am a die-hard Creed fan but decided not to write you in a hate filled manner. I am deciding to write you and prove you wrong on the many things you write.
Now, I have not read any other work by you but if I was to judge your writing style by this article, you definetely do not do any research at all before writing. A four-year old could have wrote this article because all you do is say the same things over and over. You first say, "Creed...are a cancer on the most beautiful thing God ever gave us...rock 'n' roll." You then go on to say, "Creed is the logical conclusion to all that went wrong...the music industry calls it modern rock." So right there in a matter of two sentences (which are poorly placed back to back) are the same exact things over and over. Now wasn't that fun??? Lets find more things wrong with your article.
You say that Scott Stapp believing in god is closely related to Trent Lott's, "ring-around-the-rosy with racism?" I think believing in god and looking down upon another races are at opposite end of the spectrum, dont you? Then you go on to talk about the radio aspect of Creed and rock music as a whole. You say, "Creed may be on what is technically an independent label." Last time I checked, when you’re the only one on a label...it means it’s an independent label, so good job again! You then say it would be insane that Wind-Up (you would have probably found out that that is the label name if you would have done a little research) doesn't treat Creed as disposable and thier fans like dupes. Again there is an arguement but it is so vague.... you have no backing what so ever and you dont even use proper names. How bout insert the name, Wind-Up, instead of just, label. Did you not know the name of their label maybe? How bout give us a stat or two in your article to back up what you are saying. Your entire article is just one big bias against a band. If you give some facts then maybe your points would be looked at more often. Now there are just a few more things I'd like to point out about your article.
As you go on to rant and rave about Creed you critisize them with, "halftime-playing." Now any band that plays a half time is bad? Well maybe you are right; Aerosmith hasn't really done anything for rock. They just got lucky with a few hits. And my last point about your article. Have you ever heard of a period? Damn, I have never seen such long sentences in my life, they just seem to carry on an on. Well thanks for writing a great article. I like the research you did, and your arguments against Creed were very fresh and creative. Especially if that is to be the front of the Philadelphia Weekly you'd think it would have been well written. Well good luck next time and after thier next album does good and their fan base grows larger; I'd like to see your next article about them. Have a good day and try to remember this about Creed and thier fans, that you so many times bashed, "We are one, We are strong, The more you hold us down the more we press on!"

I also titled the subject of my email, "I loved the Creed article" so maybe he would open it, haha. Rock on!
Old 12-29-2002, 03:53 AM   #39
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well done, amsottile. Excellent response! And welcome to the board.
Keep those cards and letters coming, everyone.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:19 AM   #40
creedchick02
USER INFO »
im kind of wondering why the date on it is Dec. 31st 2002 when its only the 27th....a

I think it is because it is a weekly paper so they go to the end of the week,mmmp the damn idiot can't even get a job at a daily paper *caugh LOSER caugh*:P
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020
Old 12-29-2002, 06:25 AM   #41
tru2mine
USER INFO »
good stuff amsottile, very well spoken. i like how u made it a point to throw some lyrics in there at the end, very nice.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:27 AM   #42
creedchick02
USER INFO »
im kind of wondering why the date on it is Dec. 31st 2002 when its only the 27th....also he said creed landed in philly today...stupid dumbass

Sorry i was trying to paste this on the above post, just figued it out, BOY am i slow......Hey what year is this anyway...LOL
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020
Old 12-29-2002, 08:00 AM   #43
tru2mine
USER INFO »
Heres what I wrote, kinda corny but oh well

Lack of education, probably one of our cultures biggest problems, and well my friend you fit right in. Its so easy to bash someone we don't have no ties to isn't it. So I'm gonna be a big man and not insult your intelligence. I'm just gonna question your research and you motives. For instance who does creed sound like? What does creed sing about? Have you ever seen a creed concert live? Just a few things you should know before you start bashing. What radio station is getting paid to play creed songs, I would love to know because I dont hear them on the radio that much, and I hardly ever see there videos. hmmmmmmm?
Let me ask you this, have you ever been a teenager, have you ever been frustrated, have you ever felt like given up. Hold on to your hat but I think everybody at one point has felt those things, and thats how they connect to a creed song. Rocket science aint. When someone sings about things that you the listener feel it makes you feel like your not alone with the things you've been through, its kinda comforting. Imagine that, music that has meaning behind it, unlike all the pop that your not complaining about.
Alright so let me get this straight, to be a good rock band you have to, not be able to sing real well, look like you haven't bathed for the length of a tour, break everything on stage when your done, and god forbid you even slightly mention, well.....god. I think I got it. Is that how you see it, just wondering. Oh and if you do mention god in any context your a christian band.
Alright heres how I see it, you dont research the topic, you give no examples of the so called facts you present and you talk in circles throughout your whole article, you don't really have a strong case. Maybe this is just a plot for you to get some attention. Well I got news for you, its been done before. Maybe you should attack britney or something, I think you've got a case there. Here ya go, try writing about how well the eagle are doing and how the phils just signed thome because your knowledge of good music and actually your writing skills and non existent.
Old 12-29-2002, 11:10 AM   #44
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Excellent points made by all!! I especially enjoyed the point made by amsottile about Halftime bands. I suppose Sweeney, the author of that piece of literary crap, could lump U2 in with the Halftime bands too, right? Oh, and Sir Paul McCartney. He's one of those nasty no-talent Halftime Bands as well. Great work by all our fans!!!!!!!!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-29-2002, 12:52 PM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I think it's great that everyone has taken the time to express his or her views on Sweeney's piece of drivel. Even if he is looking for attention, he'll get more than a little eduation, too. Way to go, you guys!