++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-06-2003, 06:21 PM   #121
Yvonne
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Here we go again......

Why did Stapp even say anything about the Chicago show, and why the heck did he wait until July???.....goodness gracious, please do not insult me by denying the fact that something was WRONG!!! I was there, I saw him and the minute he opened his mouth to sing I knew something was wrong with him. I don't know if he was drunk, over-medicated or what????

The lawsuit is going a little over-board, as I've said before I wish I could sue the people who made that ridiculous movie(s) Charlie's Angels.....but those are the chances you take--you just never know what you're gonna get. BUT to say the allegations are lies is a lie....something was wrong with him. No one is questioning his character, or slamming the band.....hey, if you screwed up-admit it and move on that's what character is really about, but please do not insult me with that bunk-ass statement...he needs to just keep his mouth shut!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:26 PM   #122
ZION1010
USER INFO »
ACTS CH 19 VERSE AND WHEN THEY HEARD THEESE SAYING THEY WERE FILLED WITH WRATH AND CONFUSION >>.ECC CH12>>ALSO WHEN THAY SHALL BE AFRAID OF THAT WHICH IS HIGH AND FEARS SHALL BE N THE WAY
Old 08-06-2003, 11:59 PM   #123
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
No offense Zion but you really got to stop quoting scripture where it is not needed or wanted. Go to the faith /Religion threads for that!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 08-07-2003, 12:01 AM   #124
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yes it is getting a bit annoying.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 08-07-2003, 12:11 AM   #125
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by ZION1010
ACTS  CH  19  VERSE  AND WHEN  THEY  HEARD THEESE  SAYING  THEY  WERE FILLED  WITH  WRATH  AND  CONFUSION >>.ECC CH12>>ALSO WHEN THAY SHALL BE AFRAID OF THAT WHICH  IS HIGH AND FEARS SHALL BE N THE WAY

1) Scripture is not really needed at this stage in the discussion
2) If you're going to quote scripture, be sure it applies to the conversation at hand. Nobody has any clue what you're trying to articulate.
3) If you quote scripture, be sure you spell it all correctly. ALL CAPS IS NOT NECESSARY.
4) Be wary of sounding preachy and aloof. These are not Christ-like values.

If you continue to randomly quote scripture across the entire board -- as it appears you are doing since you have had 122 posts in less than a month -- one can only assume you're trying to deviantly shove random Bible quotes down people's throats. If this is the case, you'll probably be banned.

As I assume you profess to be a Christian, you should know those methods are not worthy. And as a Christian myself, I have the obligation to confront you on this issue. Please do reply. I've attempted to contact you privately, so I had no other choice but to post this message.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 08-07-2003, 02:23 PM   #126
aprile89
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by ZION1010
ACTS  CH  19  VERSE  AND WHEN  THEY  HEARD THEESE  SAYING  THEY  WERE FILLED  WITH  WRATH  AND  CONFUSION >>.ECC CH12>>ALSO WHEN THAY SHALL BE AFRAID OF THAT WHICH  IS HIGH AND FEARS SHALL BE N THE WAY

Zion, What you have quoted from the Bible has NOTHING to do with what we are talking about..... I don't konw if your new to Chriatianity (sp?) or what... but the verse you quoted in Acts was about Jews invoking evils spirits from people they thought were posessed......

Ok? now what the heck does that have to do wtih Stapp and Chicago...??? I can't tell what that second book of the Bible is supposed to be... there are a few that it COULD be ......
Old 08-07-2003, 05:40 PM   #127
Yvonne
USER INFO »
Zion......being a christian myself I appreciate your passion for the heavenlies but I have to agree with the others, knock it off with the scriptures. Every now and then it's okay, but not ALL the time.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:38 PM   #128
ZION1010
USER INFO »
I KNOW
Old 08-25-2003, 03:12 PM   #129
Julbright
USER INFO »
OK OK OK _ I am NOT seeking to bring in the dead horse and start beating it again, but I just had this thought - AND PLEASE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT PLEASE DON'T BEAT ME UP ABOUT IT - IT IS SOMETHING I WANT TO COMMENT ON SO LET ME BE!!!

I think the court date is in September for this lawsuit (which remember I do NOT agree with) and I got to thinking - the best course of action at this point would be that they settle out of court. They should just commit to kick of the next tour in Chicago (when they are fresh and energized) - do two shows there - one of which will be a complimentary show for those who were ticketholders for the bad show. They should issue a statement that says they have revisited the issue and they have decided on their own accord to do this because so many of their fans are disappointed and they want to resolve those feelings. They wouldn't even really have to admit that anything was wrong. I think most of us would be cool with that since what we really wanted was a rocking show. And if they were already in CHicago and all that would cut down on their costs etc. That is the only win/win situation I see.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-25-2003, 03:46 PM   #130
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
I think that's reasonable Julbright and probably a good idea. Don't worry nobody will beat you up about it (I hope).

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 08-25-2003, 05:54 PM   #131
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I think that's a good idea too, Julbright.

Relearn Love
Old 08-25-2003, 06:55 PM   #132
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: They should issue a statement that says they have revisited the issue and they have decided on their own accord to do this because so many of their fans are disappointed and they want to resolve those feelings. They wouldn't even really have to admit that anything was wrong.

The only thing is.....by settling, it will be seen by alot of people as an admission of guilt, and the press will have a field day with it....eventually that could bite them in the ass.
I think they should stick to their guns and follow this thing through. The whole idea of suing for a bad performance is just a load of crap anyway.

I can't see them opening in chicago...lol

Creed~~Bullets
Old 08-25-2003, 07:23 PM   #133
aprile89
USER INFO »
Well all I know is I still have my Ticket Stub in hopes Something happens.. if not then OH WELL .. but to me that would be a GREAT idea Julbright .. but I have to Agree with Jez ..
Chances of this happening is slim to none .... If they admitt guilt *which I KNOW they are* then the press will have a field day which could ultimatly hurt their careers rather than 15,000 unhappy fans
Old 08-25-2003, 08:02 PM   #134
Julbright
USER INFO »
The irritating thing is SO WHAT IF HE WAS DRUNK!!! We know he drinks sometimes and if anything this just proves that he is a lightweight and isn't used to drinking like that. Yes it would be a field day in the press but they have that on most issues anyway. The press will find a way to twist it and make them the bad guys no matter what so they should make the first move. I am just to idealistic for the real world I guess. And Aprile, I too have my stub in a safe place - you and I will meet for a drink WHEN they replay our show!!!!!!!
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-25-2003, 08:37 PM   #135
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: We know he drinks sometimes and if anything this just proves that he is a lightweight and isn't used to drinking like that.

I'm sorry, Julbright.....no disrespect intended here but I'm LMAO at this.

eta: I can tell just by reading the fifteen to tweny posts that I have seen of yours that you have an extremely sunny disposition, and by your own admition, you're very idealistic. Not a bad thing, but not everything is all rosy, as much as I'd like it to be.

eta again:

I've been reading the past six pages just now, and I think that I'm going to regret ever having responded. This could go on and on forever, but in reality....is all this arguing (debating if you choose to call it that) really productive?

Creed~~Bullets