++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-10-2002, 04:32 PM   #1
TremRock
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
creed @ kroq/extention of stapp & the meds thread

hey guys, this is gonna be a little long so bare with me ...

i think its safe to say that besides the few bashers ive seen on the board, that we're among fans. & devoted ones at that. so please just read with an open mind before you jump all over me...

i think what tremontifanatic was trying to say in the thread about stapp & the meds is that at the very least you have to admit that stapp using is a real possibility. OF COURSE we all hope it isnt. but its just as likely as any other postitive assumptions made by the most devoted of us.

ive been such a fan for so long & had been running into alot of speed bumps in my attempt to see them this tour. as im sure we've all experienced. especially so cal fans. so when i FINALLY got to see them in san diego, no lie, it was THE BEST i've ever seen them. & they've put on kick ass shows before but i left the show that night, the proudest i've ever been to be a creed fan...

which is exactly why when i saw them sunday night in la at the kroq show, i was caught off gaurd. a few nights before the show id been here reading about stapps recent behvior at shows & all things hillary...just catching up. & i thought to myself, hey, theyre allowed some bad shows, it happens to the best. & in my opinion, theyre one of the best. & who wouldnt have a hard time with the year they've had? we can all give them that.

but the stapp i saw sunday night just wasnt the one i saw a month earlier in san diego. now please dont ge me wrong, it was still an awesome set full of tremonti soloing his ass off & an acoustic song or two. any creed fan would have LOVED it. they played to a tough crowd, already annoyed by them having to cut bullets off in the middle of the 1st verse because stapps mic went out. they came back out to a booing audience & made the creed fans proud. but despite that, i saw the obvious cause for disconcernment. stapps behavior really made me wonder.

souldancer was absolutely right. no one knows whats really going on, but you cant fault fans for wondering, being concerned, and yes even having opinions and making assumptions. its hard not to. but that doesnt mean we're any less of a fan then we were before. or that we dont want to do what we can to support a band that means so many things to all of us.

so i guess i'll just sum it up with saying that whatever is going on,whether it be illegal drug use, side effects from legal drugs, needing a long over due break, or all of the above ... they need our support now more the ever. & the only way we can do that is by sticking by them together as fans & not ripping on someone just because they said something we didnt want to hear....

unless of course youre that chick that was sitting a row behind me at the show yelling "creed sucks!" ... then we can kick ass =)

thanks for reading.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:38 PM   #2
marlsy
USER INFO »
what did he do at that show that was so diff. from the San Diego show? I saw him in LA in Oct. and they were awsome, I really wanted to go to the KROQ concert!
Old 12-10-2002, 06:03 PM   #3
creed_affair
USER INFO »
I saw them 11/23 in Dayton (see my earlier post). Best concert ever. And yes, he was acting differently. At first I thought he was drunk also, but then I got over this opinion. It seemed he was baring more of his sole vs. just performing songs.

Take it for what it's worth. I agree with you, it is always a possibility he is or was doing drugs. Maybe it is just soul searching and because of the Hillaree thing, everyone is scrutinizing every action of Scott's.

We can only hope for the best!

Jen
Old 12-10-2002, 06:04 PM   #4
creed_affair
USER INFO »
Oops! Soul (not sole). Even though I wouldn't even mind seeing his feet!

Jen
Old 12-10-2002, 06:09 PM   #5
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
picture this,..

Youve spent a LOOONG time making songs, sacrificing half ur life and rasing a child.

You step out to an unwanting crowd and your ready to play your song to impress them and hopefully make em change ther minds about u. Then, in the middle of your song the damn MIKE DIES AND tehj Speackers go out. You stop your song with an angry croud booing at your feet. Thousands of peopel are all pissed cuz ur miek went out, you fix it. Then u play on, your mike dies AGIAN. Half the croud LEAVES and the otehr half is booing..

Hey i dont know about you but id be pritty pissed too

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 12-10-2002, 07:00 PM   #6
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Re: creed @ kroq/extention of stapp & the meds thread

You make several good points, not the least of which is...

Quote: Originally posted by TremRock
<b>unless of course youre that chick that was sitting a row behind me at the show yelling "creed sucks!" ... then we can kick ass =)</b>
Old 12-10-2002, 07:46 PM   #7
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Xterminator27
picture this,..

Youve spent a LOOONG time making songs, sacrificing half ur life and rasing a child.

You step out to an unwanting crowd and your ready to play your song to impress them and hopefully make em change ther minds about u. Then, in the middle of your song the damn MIKE DIES AND tehj Speackers go out. You stop your song with an angry croud booing at your feet. Thousands of peopel are all pissed cuz ur miek went out, you fix it. Then u play on, your mike dies AGIAN. Half the croud LEAVES and the otehr half is booing..

Hey i dont know about you but id be pritty pissed too

I'd be pissed, too.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:51 PM   #8
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Exactly, and what are we?? HUMAN

What is Scott Stapp?? HUMAN

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 12-10-2002, 09:55 PM   #9
TremRock
USER INFO »
of course he was pissed. & of course hes human like anyone else. youre totally right. i really didnt mean anything in the 1st post to come off as criticism. just observation, speculation ... call it what you want. we're all entitled. i've just noticed other posts where people have been less tolerant when someone expresses a similar view & thought that was pretty uncool.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:54 PM   #10
Tremontifanatic
USER INFO »
hi guys!....its me again...just wondering if you all are still tense about what i said still....cause if so im sorry....cause ill be diehard creed forever...
Old 12-11-2002, 04:02 PM   #11
JenRN
USER INFO »
I really think a long desreved break is the ticket for these guys!!! They have been through literal hell in the last year and to keep thier sanity they need a break. As far as criticism, well everyone is entitled to their opinion. I guess it is just heart breaking to see someone you idol and care so much for go through a hard time. But we all have to remember he is HUMAN and "shit happens" we can only support him in defending his name and honor!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-11-2002, 04:22 PM   #12
allison
USER INFO »
Re: creed @ kroq/extention of stapp & the meds thread

<b>unless of course youre that chick that was sitting a row behind me at the show yelling "creed sucks!" ... then we can kick ass =)
</b>

Are you kidding me?!? It would have taken all of my self control not to kick her ass.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 12-12-2002, 03:26 AM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
i've just noticed other posts where people have been less tolerant when someone expresses a similar view & thought that was pretty uncool.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, it's not so much the observations, but the total obsession some people seem to have with his every mood, action, word, appearance. I understand people's concern for him, but all the speculation gets a bit nutty after a while. That's what bothers me, I guess. I suppose it's natural to try to figure out what's going on, but I think we should just cut him some slack for now until we all know the real story, if we ever do know it. It's the music that drew most of us in, right? Let's be thankful for what they have given us and leave it at that. I don't know. I'm rambling. It's late. Sorry.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:48 AM   #14
TremRock
USER INFO »
i definitly see where youre coming from dogstar. its not that i was any less greatful or anything like that. more like when i made the post i had just seen them the night before & like i said, i was prety surprised. since then i've had several convorsations about it & the over all frustration, i guess you could say, from wondering what was up has passed. & ultimatley, their music is still their music in all its wonderful creedness & i couldnt be more thankful for what its given me. lol so the slack has been cut from this fan.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:46 AM   #15
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, it's not so much the observations, but the total obsession some people seem to have with his every mood, action, word, appearance. I understand people's concern for him, but all the speculation gets a bit nutty after a while. That's what bothers me, I guess. I suppose it's natural to try to figure out what's going on, but I think we should just cut him some slack for now until we all know the real story, &nbsp;if we ever do know it. It's the music that drew most of us in, right? Let's be thankful for what they have given us and leave it at that. I don't know. I'm rambling. It's late. Sorry.

I think you are right. We should be thankful.