++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-04-2004, 06:10 PM   #16
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Wow! That interview was quite disconcerting to read. Nothing like pointing the blame all in one direction. I don't know why I'm surprised!

Hey....you never know. Maybe someday we will hear the other side of the story. Cause I do believe there are always two sides to every story.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:50 PM   #17
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Well, that news was quite sad, but on a better note, think of it this way...In the music industry there are going to be 2 very powerful bands now, Stapp, and AlterBridge. Its a great thing to see that they are both staying on the circuit, because it is my belief thatt what is called rock is deteriorating into punk and emo. As long as stapp and tremo dont start punk bands, im happy. Just because a band says its the end, doesnt really mean its the end. Look at KISS, they called it quits 4 billion times before it happened. Maybe all they need is just some time to get the creative juices flowing again. I have to admit that those interviews were very one sided, but stapp declined to be interviewed, which i think is piss poor on his side, i think that he should come out with what he has to say, but he declined, and it doesnt make me any less of a stapp fan, but i just dont agree with him on that, for whatever his reasons were. I believe that the music industry could only get better with stapp and tremonti in different bands, because people who didnt like creed because of their religious lyrics might turn to alterbridge, and people who liked creed will listen to stapp and alterbridge, and people who liked creed, but maybe not other band members except stapp, will listen to stapp. But i dont understand the choice of producers, that 7 aralieus, we gonna hear the scott stapp rapp? lol, no he already put a halt to those suspicions.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 06-04-2004, 07:40 PM   #18
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Wow, I feel sad. I knew all of that already, but seeing it there, on a website, clear as day, far out. Interesting, though.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 06-04-2004, 07:44 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Its a great thing to see that they are both staying on the circuit..

Indeed!
Old 06-04-2004, 07:59 PM   #20
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
This news is extremly distressing to me. I know it shouldn't be, as we have heard of it for so long now, but with the official word from the guys, I feeling like curling up in a ball and crying. I've bands before that I've called my favorites through the years, but I have loved Creed since early 2000 when I first heard What If, and they have been my favorite ever since. This news is like a funeral for a loved one that you don't want to attend, because you feel that if you attend the funeral, you will be saying that you know that they're dead and will never come back.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 06-04-2004, 08:34 PM   #21
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Hey....you never know. Maybe someday we will hear the other side of the story. Cause I do believe there are always two sides to every story.
Agreed ... and I'm quite sure there is definitely another side to this one.

Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) I have to admit that those interviews were very one sided, but stapp declined to be interviewed, which i think is piss poor on his side, i think that he should come out with what he has to say, but he declined, and it doesnt make me any less of a stapp fan, but i just dont agree with him on that, for whatever his reasons were.
Maybe he didn't want to bad-mouth them the way they did him.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one to see that this was very one-sided. Frankly, I found it in very poor taste.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:08 PM   #22
shiver
USER INFO »
First off, I am happy they finally made the announcement. Second, why be sad. If you like Stapp he's still around. For those of us who like Tremonti and gang, hip hop hooray. I think Stapp's lack of response, he declined to be interviewed, should tell the story. He knew MTV got a story, and I don't think Mark is one to lie. What was he gonna say, "No it didn't." I like nu-uh, better.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:39 PM   #23
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Riiiiight
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 06-04-2004, 11:42 PM   #24
shiver
USER INFO »
I don't think Mark even really said anything bad about Stapp. He could have come out and said he was an a-hole or whatever. The basic point I got was that Stapp had a lot of things on his mind, and Creed wasn't number one. It would tick me off too if I was in a band and on member wasn't totally committed. I think that was the worse thing he said. He had other things going on. He (Mark) also mentioned, or at least it did in the article, that when he started toying with the idea of a side project, Stapp didn't like that idea. What was he afraid of? In my opinon, and remember, everyone is entitled to one, Stapp is gonna eventually, flame out. Something, someone, I dunno, is gonna get to him and he'll end up like his hero Jim Morrison. Come on baby light my fire!