++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-21-2002, 11:56 AM   #1
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Hilaree jailed after slapping Scott with cell phone!

Got this from today's (11/21) Orlando Sentinel:

The ex-wife of Creed frontman Scott Stapp spent the past week in the Orange County Jail, accused of striking him in the face with a cell phone.

Hilaree Stapp, 24, was jailed on a charge of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, according to sheriff's reports.

In Stapp's report, he said his ex-wife picked up the phone during an argument at his Orange County home last Thursday and then "punched me with it across my left jaw."

A jail official said Hilaree had posted bail Tuesday, but had yet to be released to home-confinement.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:04 PM   #2
JenRN
USER INFO »
Holy Smokes!!!!! No wonder he was in a bad mood at the PSU show!!!! Hilaree is out of control! Well I guess they are not getting together now! Boy she probably can forget about having Jagger in her custody too!!!!! Man, poor Scott the guy has been through hell the past month!!!!!
What would ever posses her to hit him with a phone? Geez.... I guess the stress of touring is getting to everyone? That really is a shame, so sorry for Jagger hopefully he did not see it!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-21-2002, 12:11 PM   #3
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I wonder how that can be seeing that Creed was just on tour in the midwest this past week.... alittle bit far from Florida....

Could that story be outdated, or the charges weren't pressed until now? They were in Florida on 11/2...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-21-2002, 12:23 PM   #4
JenRN
USER INFO »
I think they fly home in between shows if there is a 4-5 day stretch off?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-21-2002, 12:26 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
The item was from today's paper, which means it would have happened last Thursday, the 14th. There were a couple of days between the Detroit show (11/13) and the Madison show (11/16). It's possible he flew back to Florida for a couple of days.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:36 PM   #6
Tantraess
USER INFO »
This is so unbelievable! He is really having a tough time all the way around isn’t he. The poor guy. Like my sister said…… It just goes to show that money and fame doesn’t cure everything. The realities in his life are as real as ours. The realities can really suck!
Old 11-21-2002, 01:26 PM   #7
allison
USER INFO »
Ok, first of all: Since when is a cell phone considered a "deadly weapon"?

Second: She spent the week in jail? A whole week? I can't even imagine a person spending one night in a case like this. They would post bail and leave. A judge certainly wouldn't hold her without bail.

Third: It says she posted bail but has not yet been released to home confinement. If you post bail, don't you get released right away? And does home confinement mean she'll be on house arrest?

This article is bizzare.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 11-21-2002, 01:41 PM   #8
JenRN
USER INFO »
Yeah Allison... Your right, I thought the same thing, a WHOLE week in jail? Hell people who rape sometimes spend only 1 night in jail!!!!!! Maybe there is more to the story then what was released?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-21-2002, 01:47 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I thought the whole thing was strange, too, but I thought I'd pass it along. The week thing was weird, too. I can't imagine why she wasn't out in a few hours. Aggravated battery with a deadly weapon is usually a pretty serious charge, though. Maybe there is a mandatory holding period for such a charge, in addition to the home confinement period. I found that odd, also.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:50 PM   #10
JenRN
USER INFO »
We thank you for the info Dogstar! It really makes you think, hey maybe his life isn't so great?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-21-2002, 01:52 PM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Exactly. People think money and fame are tickets to happiness, but they forget that celebs are people, too, who go through the same crap we go through. They just don't have to worry about finances as much as the rest of us do. I do think there is more to the story, though. For the cops to have come in the first place, it must have been pretty intense.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:07 PM   #12
Tantraess
USER INFO »
I get the feeling this must not have been the first time. They would never have kept her on a first offense. She must already have a record for doing this in the past. If she hits Scott you can bet she would also hit her son if she had custody. Now everything seems to be making sense.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:41 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That's a good point, Tantraess. Maybe there's some sort of progressive holding period if you've been charged before with this crime.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:14 PM   #14
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Tantraess
I get the feeling this must not have been the first time.  They would never have kept her on a first offense. She must already have a record for doing this in the past. If she hits Scott you can bet she would also hit her son if she had custody. Now everything seems to be making sense.

You are so right, it is all starting to click together now!!! Poor Jagger, now I understand why he is with Scott's parents and sister when Scott is touring!! It all makes sense now, I just thought Hilaree was "playing the field" and Scott did not want Jagger exposed to that! But now I guess his mother is just to violent for him to be around, poor kid! Anytime I sae Hilaree in an interview or seen pictures of her, she always looked snobbish, and if you notice there were never any pictures of her and Jagger, and any family shots were with Scott holding Jagger. Boy I bet Scott is really embaressed having the WAWO foundation and all, sounds like his own family needs it, how sad!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-21-2002, 07:50 PM   #15
Pittock
USER INFO »
I am proud that Scott reported it. Most men wouldn't. I really hope Jagger wasn't there either. She may be beautiful but she sounds psycho and stupid.