++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-20-2005, 11:21 PM   #46
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
I agreed with you titan, I think Stapp doesnt have to sing Creed songs on tour, except maybe - WAWO-since it was made for his kid.

Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 08-20-2005, 11:36 PM   #47
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I will bet anyone that Stapp's solo effort will be more popular than Alter Bridge's "One Day Remains." Stapp will probably be ripped by the critics, but embraced by more people... much like Creed was. .

I think Stapp cant get away of being the "voice of Creed", I mean, WU will promote him like this (do you remember his signature"SS-Cred solso 05"?)
Of course, assuming the "pop" portion of Creed, he will get more people than AB
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 08-21-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:50 PM   #48
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I will bet anyone that Stapp's solo effort will be more popular than Alter Bridge's "One Day Remains." Stapp will probably be ripped by the critics, but embraced by more people... much like Creed was. Most people were first drawn to Creed by Stapp's voice and lyrics... later realizing how great of a guitarist Tremonti was. That was Creed's appeal. I'm not saying that Alter Bridge isn't good... but they haven't had the powerful effect on people like has Creed had.

One more thing, if Stapp does decide to play a Creed song or two on his solo tour... just remember that Audioslave plays Rage Against the Machine songs and has Cornell singing Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun."

Creed's "appeal" seams to be eerily similar to certain other acts out today, not worth mentioning...

Really though, Stapp is not gonna get that popular. He is old news and that never does well. Even if he has the msot radio friendly songs on earth--which he prolly will--he is too old and too hated. Or maybe he will. who knows.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:04 PM   #49
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Creed's "appeal" seams to be eerily similar to certain other acts out today, not worth mentioning...

Really though, Stapp is not gonna get that popular. He is old news and that never does well. Even if he has the msot radio friendly songs on earth--which he prolly will--he is too old and too hated. Or maybe he will. who knows.

Too old? Too hated? Hun???
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 08-21-2005, 11:12 PM   #50
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I don't think he's too old or hated all that much. Somebody bought those bazillions of records . Also, if it's poppy, the masses will probably eat it up. I mean, look at the gazillion records sold by the Back Street Boys, N*Sync, Britney. There's no accounting for taste. I hope it's more soulful than poppy, but I'm guessing he'll go poppy. Who knows?
Old 08-22-2005, 10:29 AM   #51
titan9
USER INFO »
If he goes poppy, chances are it's because Wind-Up wants him to go poppy. I highly doubt that he himself wants to put out something that everyone except teeny boppers will hate. I think it's going to be quite similar to Creed(hopefully not a complete copy-cat, though) and we all know how successful Creed was on pop radio. Heck, I still hear Creed songs on the radio on a real consistent basis nowadays. I think if Stapp continues to use the Creed sound, whether that's the MOP sound or the Weathered sound, he'll be successful and shouldn't be hated too badly by the critics or others. I just hope he doesn't go Rob Thomas, going from a band that wasn't exactly that poppy to being a really poppy solo artist. Although Thomas has still been successful......

Uncertain, trust me, there are more hated artists out there. I'm willing to bet that there are more Justin Timberlake or Fred Durst or Britney Spears haters out there than there are Stapp haters. Besides that, just because an artist is hated by some, that doesn't mean he won't get radio airplay. Happens all the time. And he's definitely not too old. The previously mentioned Thomas is older than Stapp, if memory serves correct. And yet Thomas has had great success on pop radio. Same with Bono and the rest of the U2 guys. It's not all about age; it's about the music.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 08-22-2005, 10:43 AM   #52
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) It's not all about age; it's about the music.

Loving your words!!!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 08-23-2005, 04:36 PM   #53
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Creed's "appeal" seams to be eerily similar to certain other acts out today, not worth mentioning...

C'mon... let's be realistic here. "One Day Remains" isn't exactly the huge, breakout album that I think some people thought it was going to be. Stapp won't have to reach Creed status to be more successful than Alter Bridge. If Stapp is old news, then what does that make that old axeman of Creed (Tremonti)? The new "it" boy of rock n' roll? Creed became a popular band in 1999 and ended up being one of the biggest rock bands in the world for a couple of years. They aren't some one-hit wonder since been forgotten rock band.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:15 PM   #54
titan9
USER INFO »
Agreed. Creed definitely has not been forgotten by the masses. I still hear Creed songs practically every day on the radio, whether it is Pop(I only listen to that when I have no control over the radio) or Rock. People still request Creed and still want to hear them. As a matter of fact, I just heard "Torn" on a local Rock radio station an hour ago.....and the other day I heard "My Sacrifice" on a local Pop radio station. I hear Creed on the radio more often then I hear Nickelback, a pretty popular band, on the radio. I've heard Creed on Rock radio in the past year more than I have heard Alter Bridge. People haven't forgotten about Creed or Stapp. I'd venture to say that most don't even know that Creed broke up. Mark has even said that in interviews. There's probably still quite a few fans who are expecting a fourth Creed album. No way is Stapp old news, no way is Creed old news. To say that is ridiculus.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 08-23-2005, 08:59 PM   #55
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) C'mon... let's be realistic here. "One Day Remains" isn't exactly the huge, breakout album that I think some people thought it was going to be. Stapp won't have to reach Creed status to be more successful than Alter Bridge. If Stapp is old news, then what does that make that old axeman of Creed (Tremonti)? The new "it" boy of rock n' roll? Creed became a popular band in 1999 and ended up being one of the biggest rock bands in the world for a couple of years. They aren't some one-hit wonder since been forgotten rock band.

You guys jsut don't get how quickly pop music fades. Stapp got his fame through pop radio. He hasn't put anything out for three years. He has lsot a lot of fans.

As for having more success than AB... bah, he might. AB hasn't really caught on, for good reason. They aren't bad enoguh to be pop, and they aren't good enough to be noticed.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:11 AM   #56
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) You guys jsut don't get how quickly pop music fades. Stapp got his fame through pop radio. He hasn't put anything out for three years. He has lsot a lot of fans.

As for having more success than AB... bah, he might. AB hasn't really caught on, for good reason. They aren't bad enoguh to be pop, and they aren't good enough to be noticed.

Some of the greatest bands and musicians in the history of rock music have been played on pop radio stations. Being played on a pop station does not take away from their musical abilities or credentials. It does expose them to a wider variety on listeners. Creed obviously had a huge impact on rock fans, but they did, however, have nearly an equal impact on the pop rock folks. He's lost fans, sure. Yet, I know people who haven't really supported Alter Bridge because they left Stapp. Like Titan said, Creed has been a consistent force on the radio medium. His voice is still fresh in the ears of millions.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:27 AM   #57
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Which is what I meant. You see great bands on the radio, and bad bands on the radio. You never see the good ones.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:59 AM   #58
PJAmerica
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to PJAmerica Send a message via Yahoo to PJAmerica
Alter Bridge is an okay band. I can still hear the Creedish sound in the music. The vocalist has his own style as well which is cool but the fact that it wasn't Stapp and was creedish like I think is what hindered AB's chances in the mainstream.

Fact is that most people will still listen to Creed music and Stapp's music because it takes them back to the days of Creed. That is something AB doesn't do for Creed Fans.

Overall, I can see Stapp's Solo Album doing very well and AB holding down the fort but not really breaking the radio walls down like it should. I could be wrong but I predict a year or 2 and Scott, Mark and Crew will probably give it another go. All of them have grown and expanded there interests and still have more to go.

Bad thing about it all is that AB is kind of like the red headed Step-Child of Creed no matter what it does.