++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-03-2003, 09:49 PM   #31
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by creeder
im 100% shure that creed doesent use DRUGS

Really? Are you with them 24/7? I don't mean to be rude or anything, but no one really knows what they do when they're not singing in front of thousands of people. One thing we all can be 100 percent sure of is that they are human and humans are not perfect.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:59 PM   #32
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I know what you mean, Dogstar. I think the extent of some of these people's Creed Knowledge doesn't go beyond Behind the Music. I could care less what they do in their spare time because it is THEIR SPARE TIME, not ours. They are big boys they can take care of themselves.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:29 PM   #33
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
you know, in their enviroment, it´s really hard to stay out of drugs... but one thing I could say is that they seem to be much cleaner than the other bands...

plus, Stapp said about drugs "it´s only allowed those who you can grow on your backyard" or something like that...didn´t he?

but maybe now they´re married and have children, they got more responsible!
Old 03-03-2003, 10:35 PM   #34
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I would think so.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:05 AM   #35
Journeys
USER INFO »
"Ummm, Journeys, not to burst your bubble, but I've seen them in concert four times and Flip's had a beer by the kit on a couple of occasions..."

Hey Dogstar...I was being a smart ass. I know they do something, just not sure what.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:15 AM   #36
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, Silly me, Journeys...guess it didn't translate in the writing ....
Old 03-04-2003, 01:27 AM   #37
souldancer
USER INFO »
I get so sick of topics about the guys personal lives that keep coming up! Currently I am doxycycline and vicodin, does anybody care? Does it affect me? Yes.
LET THEM BE...they seem to be doing great! They give us great music, lyrics, performances (and DON'T DARE BRING UP ONE single incident...), they pour their energy and passion to their fans, and some people continue to look for nitpicky shit!
...Hey, does Creed provide programs to homeless children? Do they help with teen violence? Do they extend community outreach to underserved children? Do they help fans with emotional trauma and everyday angst in their lives? Do they give us joy? WHERE ARE THOSE QUESTIONS?!
Old 03-04-2003, 01:39 AM   #38
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
Currently I am doxycycline and vicodin,

Haloperidol, HAH beat that!!

...sorry

trying to break tension with hanster dance *insert hallucinogenic rodent here*
Old 03-04-2003, 01:42 AM   #39
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mulletman
Haloperidol, HAH beat that!!

...sorry

trying to break tension with hanster dance *insert hallucinogenic rodent here*

LOL, yes, you got me beat ! Now, is that rodent I couldn't see on that stuff too?! It was a silly transition of mine...not the main point - maybe I should delete it, but it was worth that great come back!!Seriously, though - I hope you are doing well.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:45 AM   #40
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
sorry i got a government test tomorrow and i am procrastinating...
Old 03-04-2003, 12:09 PM   #41
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
I get so sick of topics about the guys personal lives that keep coming up! Currently I am doxycycline and vicodin, does anybody care? Does it affect me? Yes.
LET THEM BE...they seem to be doing great! They give us great music, lyrics, performances (and DON'T DARE BRING UP ONE single incident...), they pour their energy and passion to their fans, and some people continue to look for nitpicky shit!  
...Hey, does Creed provide programs to homeless children?  Do they help with teen violence?  Do they extend community outreach to underserved children? Do they help fans with emotional trauma and everyday angst in their lives? Do they give us joy? WHERE ARE THOSE QUESTIONS?!

Bravo, souldancer!!

Relearn Love
Old 03-04-2003, 05:22 PM   #42
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I will apologize in advance because I have a feeling this is going to be long-winded ... considering how aggravated I am right now. So I will also apologize in advance if this comes off snotty.

I thought this was a place for Creed fans to go to voice opinions, share information, get information, etc. However, it seems that every time someone raises a topic that has to do with anything other than the "music," it starts all sorts of conflict. If all you want to do is talk about the music, then I believe there is a different forum for that sole purpose.

If you'll notice, the person who started this thread, has not posted again on this topic ... probably because they were scared off ... being made to feel like they asked some taboo question.

I don't think there is anything wrong with people being curious about the band's personal lives. I mean ...
I understand they have a right to their privacy. However ... like it or not ... when you are in the public eye, everything you do is up for discussion. This is even more the case with Scott since he basically shares all his emotions with the world by writing about them. He openly admits that the music is largely about his own thought process and personal life. Therefore, he can not expect that people aren't going to try to get inside his head. He has spoken out about the meanings behind songs like MOP ... the fact that drugs did play a part in his life in the past. So, why wouldn't someone wonder about the present ... especially since they claim to not "do the things other bands do." Isn't it natural to want to know if that is actually true or not?

The fact is that Creed does try to project a positive image. That doesn't mean that anyone thinks they're angels or "goody-goodies." The last time I looked, they all appeared to be human so I don't think we need to be reminded of that.

Yes ... they are just people. But "people" care about "people" so I think that if you're a fan of the band or any member in particular, it's not a crime to be interested in their lives. No one is "judging" them ... it's called "curiosity." I think some of us should come down a notch and stop the "holier than thou" attitude and realize that curiosity is normal.

If you're bothered that more important or meaningful questions aren't being asked regarding what Creed does for children and the community ... then start a thread on them. I'm quite sure you will find enough people interested in those topics as well.

If you don't agree with people asking about their personal lives, that's fine ... you don't have to partake in the conversation ... but don't chastise everyone else and make us feel like we're doing something wrong by wondering.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:48 PM   #43
mushroomy2k
USER INFO »
does creed do drugs

man,come on people let this thread go.
this isnt possative at all,and im ashamed .
ive even posted to this a believe 3 times...
lets move on and sorry if im sounding like.
like a B but hey life goes on and im still a.
good person.have a great evening.Diane
Old 03-05-2003, 03:03 PM   #44
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: If you don't agree with people asking about their personal lives, that's fine ... you don't have to partake in the conversation ... but don't chastise everyone else and make us feel like we're doing something wrong by wondering

Well, maybe I feel like partaking in the conversation because I have an opinion, just as you do. I'm not chastising you, I'm just voicing my opinion, which, as you so pointed out, is what we do here. Everyone's not going to agree on all topics. It's not *conflict*. We're not fighting or anything. We're just disagreeing. It happens .
Old 03-06-2003, 11:45 AM   #45
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I come here because I enjoy reading what other people's thoughts are about a band that I love. I am honestly not here to fight with anyone. I completely understand that everyone is not always going to agree ... and I welcome that. It gives me different views that I may not have thought of before.

I just felt like some things were said that I thought were a bit harsh. In one thread, someone was called an "idiot" for asking a personal question about Scott. That is just completely uncalled for. There were actually "several" people that seemed pretty bent out of shape over the personal issues. And yes ... it did feel as though we were being "yelled" at. A difference in opinion is one thing ... but some of these threads did become a bit more "heated" than that.

Whatever it was ... I'll chalk it up to some just having a bad day and move on.