++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-01-2003, 12:58 PM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yeah, I read an old interview a while back in which he said he was doing shrooms one night when he was living in the apartment with no furniture and no TV and all after his father wouldn't let him come home. He said he was up all night and wrote MOP among other songs.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:38 PM   #17
C-Dogg
USER INFO »
Actually, it is true that Stapp wrote Illusion while he was tripping on acid, as for My Own Prison, I don't know. He also smoked cigaretts for quite a few years.

Scott quit doing drugs around the time Jagger was born because he wanted to be completely clean for him. However, the band has admitted to having a beer or two after a show, and in the Rolling Stone magazine they were in (Feb. 2002), you find out that Stapp chews tobbacco.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:46 PM   #18
Lechium
USER INFO »
Most likely they do, but hide it, not to spot reputation, cuz they gotta worry about it now. Way more people do drugs than you might think.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:04 PM   #19
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I read that Scott drank 3 glasses of shroom juice one Saturday night and passed out on the floor till the next morning. When he woke, he thought he had overdosed himself and was going to die. When he didn't die ... thank God ... he knew he had to clean up his act.

he said this is what inspired him to write MOP ... "Should've been dead on a Sunday morning." He said he wrote the song after waking from a bad dream around 4 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep ... so he got up and started writing about that incident and how he felt about his life at that point in time.

I also read that he said they do still drink ... not heavy though and that as far as drugs go ... "the band is allowed to ... but not anything heavier than you can grow in your own backyard." I don't know if he was including himself in that remark or not. I also remember reading that he said he wanted to remain completely clean to be a good father for Jagger.

I never heard anything about the conditions for writing Illusion.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:55 PM   #20
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Thanks for the info. That makes sense to me. It's like in your explanation all of the tid bits that I have heard on this subject all come together.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:47 AM   #21
Journeys
USER INFO »
oh yeah.....I remember doing acid one night and I was....eerrr...coughcoughcough...ahem...where am I?

Oh yeah..

CREED DOES NOT DO DRUGS NOR DO THEY DRINK - GOT THAT? They do however drink lots and lots of imported waters,sodas, and juices...dontcha know.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:28 AM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ummm, Journeys, not to burst your bubble, but I've seen them in concert four times and Flip's had a beer by the kit on a couple of occasions...Look, they are human. They knock back a few beers just like the rest of us. And Scott has said in interviews that while they don't do hard drugs, they are allowed to do nothing stronger than whatever can be grown in the backyard...maybe a little weed? That would be my guess.

And anyway, who cares if they smoke a little weed or suck down some suds? They are not saints; they are people.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:37 AM   #23
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
yeah Scott likes to have a couple long necks after the shows
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-03-2003, 08:04 AM   #24
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I have read that, too, Dan.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:53 AM   #25
creeder
USER INFO »
If Creed use Drugs, then i do too.. thats bullshit
And i have it all
I got nothing to share with you
Maybe a piece of paper
But what is that?
Maybe it defines you?
You are no one
Just be your self

"Complex!"
Old 03-03-2003, 11:48 AM   #26
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Who cares if they do or don't? They are human beings, just like you or I am. They probably forget to put their dirty clothes in the hamper like most men, they probably leave the seat up (God forbid) and the cap off the toothpaste. Oh the horror!! Provided they don't come to my house in the middle of the night, raid my fridge, pee on my lawn and scare my kids, I don't give a rats patootie if they drink or do drugs. It's not really my business.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-03-2003, 12:36 PM   #27
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Who cares if they do or don't? They are human beings, just like you or I am. They probably forget to put their dirty clothes in the hamper like most men, they probably leave the seat up (God forbid) and the cap off the toothpaste. Oh the horror!! Provided they don't come to my house in the middle of the night, raid my fridge, pee on my lawn and scare my kids, I don't give a rats patootie if they drink or do drugs. It's not really my business.

AMEN Teri! I agree totally!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-03-2003, 03:14 PM   #28
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
They do....

not do drugs. I know stapp used to when he was 16. (I got that froma VH1 interview) but he stopped when he realized that it was wrong.

the band as a whole does not do drugs or get liquered up before a show. I have read on many official sites with on the record responses by the whole crew that it is not even a temptation. Mark tremonti says that if he was to do drugs, then he would be so wacked out that his 6 string guitar would be a 9 string. Stapp doesn't do anything, because he says so. One recorded interviews with fans, he has been asked that several timesand always says no,i do not.he says that ding drugs would definately not be a good example to jagger. (His son.)

They all may drink but not to the point where he gets drunk and definately not before a show.

My own prison is a song about stapps life and I quote stapp, "I wrote this song at a time in my life when I realized that I could not continue to blame others for why I was in the situations I had placed myself in. I was blaming my parents, God, and anyone I could find, when really the only blame rested with me. Hence the phrase, "I've created my own prison."

- Scott Stapp

I don't think that he does drugs.

later y'all.

Wadrick

Old 03-03-2003, 04:51 PM   #29
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
No one said they get liquored up before shows (although those who went to the 12/29 show in Chicago would beg to differ) and no one said they are strung out on heroin or anything. But this insistence that they are as pure as the driven snow is totatlly unrealistic.

And anyway, WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SUCH A BIG FREAKIN DEAL??? Sorry for the caps, but I just get so tired of people putting them up on this unrealistic pedestal that they are these goody-goodies. It's about the MUSIC already. They are rock stars and they are human. You can't tell me they don't indulge in some of the *perks* that come with that lifestyle. I just don't buy it. And it shouldn't matter. They give us plenty with their music and their incredible concerts. What they do or don't do on their own time is NOBODY'S FREAKIN BUSINESS, and they shouldn't be judged wrongly or rightly because of it.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:26 PM   #30
creeder
USER INFO »
im 100% shure that creed doesent use DRUGS
And i have it all
I got nothing to share with you
Maybe a piece of paper
But what is that?
Maybe it defines you?
You are no one
Just be your self